WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carolina Reaper Peppers and Beyond? My wife is a little nuts.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Had a good customer give me some hot peppers today that he grows. He is way into it making his own strains that are super hot as well. They have even used his peppers in contest becuase they have been lab tested via Scoville testing process.

Well anyways he brings them to his shop and gave me a slection including a hotter variant of the Carolina Reaper (hotter than scorpion or ghost by quite a bit). Brought them home to my wife as she loves hot stuff. Well she cut the first Reaper in quarters as she had never tried them and didn't want to hurt herself. Haha. Well she pops a few in her mouth and says these are great. She ate a few whole ones and I was like WTF? Just touching my finger to my mouth after touching a cut one and I couldn't believe how hot it was. I can handle hot things pretty well and Im still burning!

I told her she should enter one of those pepper eating contest. It literally doesn't phase her! Her nose is sweating on the skin. Hahahahahaha. But just puts them away like nothing!

Anyone else eat these damn things?
20211203_122106.jpg
20211203_122106.jpg

Reaper. Ouch!
20211203_122122.jpg

Attachments

• 20211203_122119.jpg
    20211203_122119.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 22

Roosky01

Reaction score
I am convinced that people that can eat that hot of shit are not from this Earth.

Had a hot pepper juice on hand to pecker episode during a routine bathroom visit about 10 years ago. Everyone in the tavern sure enjoyed that one and I still hear about it occasionally...😏

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I like hot stuff but am not at your wife's level.... I grew some peppers once and fuckers even burnt my hand just putting em in ground. I bet we've all made the mistake of putting a finger to our eye too.... Jesus is that bad.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I need a glass of water just looking at the picture of those. I like hot stuff but I'm pretty sure I would die eating just one of those whole, lol.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Damn I like hot but that is just bat shit crazy. I’d hate to be her rear end in the morning.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Lol my old lady is half Thai. We eat fire. Garden full of peppers. Need to grow some reapers.

My favorite Thai/Vietnamese restaurant's owner grows peppers at home and brings them in for people like me who always request "extra spicy" he will make shit so hot that the cook will actually pop his head out of the kitchen to make sure its me. It's always a different pepper he puts in whatever I order. My favorite is a hybrid he started growing that is a cross between a ghost pepper and a Trinidad scorpion pepper. The flavor is amazing and the zing sneaks up on you. It doesn't help that the cook will slice them thin and you will mistake it for a scallion if you're not studying your food at every bite. I freaking love it.

I think recently tho the cook got pissed or gave up because now anytime I go in there, they just dump a bunch of whole jabeneros in my food. It ruins the flavor. :(

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
My favorite Thai/Vietnamese restaurant's owner grows peppers at home and brings them in for people like me who always request "extra spicy" he will make shit so hot that the cook will actually pop his head out of the kitchen to make sure its me. It's always a different pepper he puts in whatever I order. My favorite is a hybrid he started growing that is a cross between a ghost pepper and a Trinidad scorpion pepper. The flavor is amazing and the zing sneaks up on you. It doesn't help that the cook will slice them thin and you will mistake it for a scallion if you're not studying your food at every bite. I freaking love it.

I think recently tho the cook got pissed or gave up because now anytime I go in there, they just dump a bunch of whole jabeneros in my food. It ruins the flavor. :(
Yeah my MIL owned a Thai restaurant for many years. She still grows peppers in her garden. We started a garden here at the house. Half of it is peppers.

Edit: let me know, I’ll send you pepper seeds to start your own garden.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that people who tend to eat very hot things are also very prone to let everyone know what very hot things they have eaten!!?? WTF??! Who really cares? Just sayin’ . . . .

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that people who tend to eat very hot things are also very prone to let everyone know what very hot things they have eaten!!?? WTF??! Who really cares? Just sayin’ . . . .
If you know, you know. Once you are used to real heat, you will never go back. Most can’t handle it. No judgement here- just a preference

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

She just likes hot stuff. Never mentioned that she likes hot food to a sole. I was just mentioning how crazy she was and I couldn't believe she eats stuff like that. I just think it's wild how some people can just handle the heat!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Had a good customer give me some hot peppers today that he grows. He is way into it making his own strains that are super hot as well. They have even used his peppers in contest becuase they have been lab tested via Scoville testing process.

Well anyways he brings them to his shop and gave me a slection including a hotter variant of the Carolina Reaper (hotter than scorpion or ghost by quite a bit). Brought them home to my wife as she loves hot stuff. Well she cut the first Reaper in quarters as she had never tried them and didn't want to hurt herself. Haha. Well she pops a few in her mouth and says these are great. She ate a few whole ones and I was like WTF? Just touching my finger to my mouth after touching a cut one and I couldn't believe how hot it was. I can handle hot things pretty well and Im still burning!

I told her she should enter one of those pepper eating contest. It literally doesn't phase her! Her nose is sweating on the skin. Hahahahahaha. But just puts them away like nothing!

Anyone else eat these damn things? View attachment 1071620 View attachment 1071620

Reaper. Ouch!
View attachment 1071622
I love Carolina reaper. Nobody else in my family though.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Ever met a crossfitter? 😅🤣 I swear they don't talk about anything else.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Love Hot food , specially Mexican , I stock at least a half dozen bottles of Pico Pica always , love Jalapenos to and cook with them ... what I have learned is not to let my ego over ride good sense , one can make food too hot and not enjoyable ..... Biggest concern is that "post pepper bathroom trip" ...nothing worse that a burning butthole

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Sounds like most of the towing police threads here.