WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carport privacy slats

Smupser

Reaction score
Anyone know of an online or a local San Diego or Riverside company that sells the aluminum privacy slats that mount to carport awning posts? I’m not looking to have someone install, just sell the matierial. I got one quote for $3,300 for 41 feet X 7 feet worth, that seemed really high so looking to see if I can find something more reasonable

Attachments

• E99417D0-EC22-44A6-9D7C-73A6DC12CE79.jpeg
    E99417D0-EC22-44A6-9D7C-73A6DC12CE79.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 115

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
FYi...

All the ones I've seen at Big Bend are all bent to shit now. I'd go with shad netting (or whatever you call it) if it was me.

Smupser

Reaction score
FYi...

All the ones I've seen at Big Bend are all bent to shit now. I'd go with shad netting (or whatever you call it) if it was me.
Trying to get more shade and privacy than the cloth offers. my carport tends to be more protected from inclement weather than a lot of other houses that have had their awnings ripped off by monsoons.

boatpi

Reaction score
We sell slats that are 1" x 4" thin wall lattice that would work for this. We use a 1" U channel that they slide into and screw from one end. All material that is top notch powder coated. I believe I have some in white, it would come in 20' long pieces. This photo shows a backyard gate and fencing
1 x 4 fencing.jpg
using 4" posts with at 1" x 4" lattice attached. You can determine the distance between lattice.

boatpi

Reaction score
They are about $85 for each 20' section. They stuff you have is painted steel or aluminum very thin to save $. Anything thin can be bend, so you need to be careful but ours will not bend from a monsoon.

Smupser

Reaction score
They are about $85 for each 20' section. They stuff you have is painted steel or aluminum very thin to save $. Anything thin can be bend, so you need to be careful but ours will not bend from a monsoon.
Why those look very sturdy I’m looking for the thinner ones like in the pic I posted.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I just asked the forum about a source for the actual carport/awning material like you have - i got a lead to Dan Kat industries in Ontario. They have the stuff to build the carport so they probably have the privacy paneling. Kind of a trip from SD though and they’re only open on weekdays.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We sell slats that are 1" x 4" thin wall lattice that would work for this. We use a 1" U channel that they slide into and screw from one end. All material that is top notch powder coated. I believe I have some in white, it would come in 20' long pieces. This photo shows a backyard gate and fencing View attachment 1159991 using 4" posts with at 1" x 4" lattice attached. You can determine the distance between lattice.
I gotta reach out to you about a few things.

Smupser

Reaction score
I just asked the forum about a source for the actual carport/awning material like you have - i got a lead to Dan Kat industries in Ontario. They have the stuff to build the carport so they probably have the privacy paneling. Kind of a trip from SD though and they’re only open on weekdays.

i can make it to Ontario in just over an hour from Escondido, if they had what I needed for the right price I’d travel

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I got mine from Dan Kat in Ontario. They had it them in stock, but mine were an odd length so I ordered them. I went a little more than 15 ft long, and 6 ft vertical. It was less than $700.00, but that was 2 years ago.

Smupser

Reaction score
I got mine from Dan Kat in Ontario. They had it them in stock, but mine were an odd length so I ordered them. I went a little more than 15 ft long, and 6 ft vertical. It was less than $700.00, but that was 2 years ago.
I’ll definitely have to check them out

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Have you thought of white vinyl fencing turned 90 degrees, that could get you the same effect. Just attach it to 4x vertical posts to secure it.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Try United Carports. I just finished building mine this summer. They're based out of Riverside. I would imagine they sell the panels separately.
IMG_3396.JPG

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Here are a couple pages from their out of date 2009 online catalog which shows what you're after I believe. Their website and catalog leave a lot to be desired if you're trying to pre-plan your project, seems like you just need to go armed with all the dimensions between your posts and hope they have what you need.

Page 4 from dankat-catalog-2009---final-draft.jpg
Page 5 from dankat-catalog-2009---final-draft-2.jpg

Last edited:

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
DO you need these for your carport in SD or at the river? There is a place in Parker, called Desert Awning ( I think) you could give them a call, or Mobile Home Depot in Bullhead may be of help to you as well.

Smupser

Reaction score
Have you thought of white vinyl fencing turned 90 degrees, that could get you the same effect. Just attach it to 4x vertical posts to secure it.
Definitely looking for the slats vs. panels. I have to be careful with stuff that my park allows plus I want to allow for some cross airflow

Smupser

Reaction score
DO you need these for your carport in SD or at the river? There is a place in Parker, called Desert Awning ( I think) you could give them a call, or Mobile Home Depot in Bullhead may be of help to you as well.
For the river house, I’m 40 minutes south of Parker so I’ll have to look them up, thanks for that

Smupser

Reaction score
Here are a couple pages from their out of date 2009 online catalog which shows what you're after I believe. Their website and catalog leave a lot to be desired if you're trying to pre-plan your project, seems like you just need to go armed with all the dimensions between your posts and hope they have what you need.

View attachment 1160089 View attachment 1160090
This is what I’m looking for

NicPaus

Reaction score
For the river house, I’m 40 minutes south of Parker so I’ll have to look them up, thanks for that
My neighbor had them install. Very pricey. But they are the only player in town. Most other installers buy from them.

I am interested in the slats as well. I would install myself.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
This is what I’m looking for
Another place I found is Mobile Home Supply Co in San Marcos. No website, no catalog. I called and the guy he was helpful, but didn't have what I was after in stock.

Smupser

Reaction score
My neighbor had them install. Very pricey. But they are the only player in town. Most other installers buy from them.

I am interested in the slats as well. I would install myself.
Yea I’m planning on installing myself too

Smupser

Reaction score
Another place I found is Mobile Home Supply Co in San Marcos. No website, no catalog. I called and the guy he was helpful, but didn't have what I was after in stock.
That place is close to my work, maybe I’ll see if he can order