WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carrera 257 vs Daytona 25

Jeremy

Reaction score
Check out Eliminator Boats. There Website and at there store. They have a 257 Carrera Party Effect in there Show Room For Sale. Nice Boat and A Nice Price Also

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Looks, style, performance, and overall I'd definitely choose an Elim 25 daytona... That boat is a rocket, lets not forget back in 2002, Eliminator built a 1300+hp Pfaff powered 25 daytona, and Teague drove it to 144mph
and he said it had more left...

25 Daytona, Great mid/sized, single Cat..:thumbsup

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
Looks, style, performance, and overall I'd definitely choose an Elim 25 daytona... That boat is a rocket, lets not forget back in 2002, Eliminator built a 1300+hp Pfaff powered 25 daytona, and Teague drove it to 144mph

Just to play devils advocate here, Carrera did that with a standard layup open bow. :thumbsup looks are subjective, but in terms of performance Carrera was not a slow boat. By todays standard, maybe, but not by the standards back in the day. A stock boat ran 114mph with an old school Teague 800 and a b-max. When we tested my old boat, the b-max scrubbed 6 mph out at elsinore in comparison to an XR. In my opinion an older Daytona is on par with an older Carrera.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate here, Carrera did that with a standard layup open bow. :thumbsup looks are subjective, but in terms of performance Carrera was not a slow boat. By todays standard, maybe, but not by the standards back in the day. A stock boat ran 114mph with an old school Teague 800 and a b-max. When we tested my old boat, the b-max scrubbed 6 mph out at elsinore in comparison to an XR. In my opinion an older Daytona is on par with an older Carrera.

Ya, im with you... I agree the older boats were very similar.. like 95/99ish..
Elim has really changed there top decks, and the canopies are different..
I really like the 27 daytona, bucz it comes w/ a standard deck, more of a half windshield, instead of an ICC canopy.. they are difficult too see out of w/ their design. The DCB F-series canopies have way better vision.. To bad the 257 Effect was never offered w/ a windshield... Would've of been nice too keep the wind out of your face...

Carrera Boats

Boat Manufacturer
Reaction score
To bad the 257 Effect was never offered w/ a windshield... Would've of been nice too keep the wind out of your face...

Once things get rolling again, you will definately see a new top deck and windshield for the 257 and the Party Effect! :thumbsup

Ace

Reaction score

25 Daytona all the way. The older Daytona's with big power are faster then the new twin step 25 Daytona. Looks, performance, and the history. Can't beat eliminator!