WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carrera 282 or Aftershock Afterparty

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
I am looking for someone with one of these boats i have finally finished mine seems to be running wet. Need some Bow lift suggestions i originally ran a 26 Bravo 1 and than i moved to a 27 Labbed less the diffuser ring! There was a guy that bought one and had an ilmor installed and i wonder what prop he is running! I have a Mercury 520 with headers runs fast and strong just cant seem to get that bow lift!

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
That is going to be a tough fix, that model the few they built always ran wet and not sure anyone figured a way to cure it with props because of the weight and way it was built.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
my buddy Danny before he passed helped out with one.. he said it ran wet and they couldn't get it to carry the nose. He tried a few props and he said it ran wet and then he kept trimming and trimming and then the front popped up and it was all over the place.. said it runs better wet.. lol.

that all said if I was stuck with one I would look at the bottom and see if there was any hook in it. Then I'd try a drive spacer.. then I'd start looking at the bottom of the boat and what it's gonna take to get it to run.

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
I bought everything right on this boat and Bob at Shockwave customized it the boat itself runs 80+ at 4500 RPM with that 26 and doesnt run wet at 4000 RPM and faster this boat rides smoother that any other boat i riden been at needles last 2 weeks and playing with props going to go get a 26 without the diffuser ring and try that. Still looking for that guy that recently rigged one with a 710 ilmor

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I bought everything right on this boat and Bob at Shockwave customized it the boat itself runs 80+ at 4500 RPM with that 26 and doesnt run wet at 4000 RPM and faster this boat rides smoother that any other boat i riden been at needles last 2 weeks and playing with props going to go get a 26 without the diffuser ring and try that. Still looking for that guy that recently rigged one with a 710 ilmor

I'm not sure how much would work between the two setups?
Difference of weight and possibly CG between the v10 and merc setup?

ACS

Reaction score
I would try a Mercury Maximus 5 blade prop. That prop is a work horse and gives the entire boat lift. If you can borrow a 24-26 pitch from someone I am sure you would like it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
A friend has a commander version of that boat and it rides really wet. Need big hp to get it going to free it up. He has tried tabs, trimming, ballast, props ect nothing worked. He runs a na 632 in it about 800 hp. And a 4 blade 32 prop. Once freed up its rides nice . The only problem is to free it up your going to do 70 or more mph. Not a fan of that boat. Any options on getting some thing else.

Blast From the Past

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I do have a little insight regarding this hull. The bottom hand known issues as far as running wet/bow down. The last hull laid up years ago had a box built at the stern of the mold and made a several inch step, if memory serves correct, about 16 to 18 inches long and several inches deep. The last boat was built with an Ilmore 625. We tested the boat on Elsinore and ran well in the high 70's to low 80's. seemed to run better than previous version. Only one was made with this step as far as I know.