WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carroll Shelby's personal AC Cobra is For Sale

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Or will be in only a few short months. Estimates have it selling for millions if not tens of millions

Screenshot_20201218-190551_Chrome.jpg

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
No kidding. With the very first going for $13m I'm very curious as to what this one will go for

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Is that the one with the automatic transmission???...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
The article says top loader
...I little further looking into it...looks like it may the automatic car???... the current owners put it back to a Toploader four-speed and the original charcoal gray paint???..,

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
...I little further looking into it...looks like it may the automatic car???... the current owners put it back to a Toploader four-speed and the original charcoal gray paint???..,

The article did say that the car was restored back to factory original to when it was initially assembled. If it is the automatic car, it started life as a 4speed

rrrr

Reaction score
Shelby had an automatic transmission installed when he began having health problems. A Cobra cockpit isn't a big place for a 6' 3" man. The crew at Legendary Motorcar restored the car to its original specifications.

There's no doubt the restoration is dead nuts on. Legendary has one of the best restoration shops in existence, and they are known for their several 100 point Shelby, Mustang and GT-40 builds.