WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Carry at work

Duramax

Reaction score
This has been brought up before I think, but since times have changed rather rapidly in this last year. Has anyone changed their setup at work?
17.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
I work for the state. The official policy is to hide under your desk and piss yourself in fear if someone talks too loud.
Same deal for us. Run, hide, fight is our policy. It’s a great training video as well.

4Waters

Reaction score
I work for the state. The official policy is to hide under your desk and piss yourself in fear if someone talks too loud.
Pretty much the same, if you come across mostly peaceful protesters put it in park and take the beating

Nordie

Reaction score
I was driving to work one day and I have to cut through a not so nice of a neighborhood to get on the freeway. So I'm sitting at a light almost to the freeway when an individual came out of the gas station parking lot and started beating on my driver's window. Then he saw me calmly reach to my right and pick up "something". He put his hands up and walked away.

Duramax

Reaction score
I went from EDC a single-stack 9mm, to a double stack 9mm, when the mostly peaceful protests started.

And I’m still on that program.

But it looks like OP has a shiny new toy 👍
I rotate. I had my 26 for awhile (then that went to the lake truck) to my 19, and now my 17 and I even brought another mag.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I rotate. I had my 26 for awhile (then that went to the lake truck) to my 19, and now my 17 and I even brought another mag.
Yeah I generally go between a G19 and Sig SP2022 (polymer 226).

Duramax

Reaction score
Concealed means concealed. ;)

You guys checked out the G43x? Pretty small package for 15 rounds.
I had a 43 when they first came out but wasn't real happy with it. Just real snappy, but maybe the longer grip is what it needed as I think the X is a popular model.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I had a 43 when they first came out but wasn't real happy with it. Just real snappy, but maybe the longer grip is what it needed as I think the X is a popular model.
I have a 43 and think the same. It's a safe queen. Got a 43x this week and it fits my hand way better. Add in 15 round flush mags from Shield Arms and now it's got the same capacity as the 19, more than a 26 and is smaller and narrower than either. May be my new carry piece once I get it tested out.

FCT

Reaction score
I went from EDC a single-stack 9mm, to a double stack 9mm, when the mostly peaceful protests started.

And I’m still on that program.

But it looks like OP has a shiny new toy 👍
Same kinda. I always carried one of my 1911’s but for the last year and s half went to a G19 and multiple mag’s. I’m 6’3 so it’s still easy for me to conceal.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
No changes, but I am thinking about it. I have changed what is in the truck with us when we travel, besides the CCW's we both carry, and that will change again next year when we are not in California anymore, I hope.
I will just sing the same old song I always have, train like a mofo with whatever ya pack, this ain't like riding a bicycle, you can loose the muscle memory and the skills. IF it goes to shit and you are left with no choice but to use deadly force you sure as hell want to be able to stop the threat, 15 rounds are great, but if you are counting on chance to get one on the target you are not prepared.

End of sermon.

Depending on weather (clothing) and where my head is, I carry either a P220 .45 ACP with Trijicon Sights, a short reset trigger, andn Legion Grips
-A P229 Enhanced Elite, .40 S&W, Trijicon sights and Legion grips.
-A P239 .40 S&W

Last edited:

Water Romper

Reaction score
H&K 9. Always by my side. Its funny but having this within reach makes me even more aware- and to avoid issues at all times. I do NOT carry while at work, in the office but then, due to covid, I haven't been in the office for 2 years.

Reactions: DWC

77charger

Reaction score
I can but no ccw in ca if I work there. I did last summer though had to work close to a looted area so tossed the g20 into my work truck.

Boss said might want to take some firepower your working la tomorrow so I did.

rrrr

Reaction score
Back around 2006 I had an employee that was bipolar, and I didn't know of the diagnosis. I tried my best to keep him, he was a good worker. He was getting unstable, I didn't know why.

One day he quit. I wrote him a nice encouraging letter, saying I appreciated his efforts and he really contributed, and I was sorry things didn't work out. I didn't know he was rolling into manic mode.

He wrote me back. He had scrawled across the bottom of my letter all kinds of crazy shit, ending with he was going to kill me. Welp, off to the gun store. I had a .380 to deal with the average shitbag, but this needed more firepower.

I bought a double action .40, and kept in my desk drawer when at work. My desk was in the back of the office, and I figured he was gonna shoot his way in, so I'd know he was coming. I got a call from a friend of his a couple months later, saying the guy had repeated his threats.

I had solenoid entry locks put on the doors, and told my employees about the threat. My mild mannered partner pulled me aside, and told me "I don't want to alarm you, but I brought a gun from home, it's in my desk." I laughed, and told him I'd been carrying for two months.

A couple of weeks passed, I heard of another threat, and enough was enough. I hired an off duty Plano cop and put him at the front door. The next day when he entered the office, I told him I was carrying, and my partner was too. He asked me if anyone else was, and I told him I didn't know.

My receptionist was a cute Hispanic gal, 22 years old, about 90 lbs and 5'6" tall. She overheard the conversation, and said to me and the cop "I'm carrying a gun too."

The cop said "Do you know how to shoot it?" She says "Oh yes, I have a concealed carry license, here's my gun."

She pulled out a monster chrome plated .357 revolver with 6" barrel out of her purse. It was freekin' huge.

😁

The story had a good ending. Two weeks later the guy killed himself. I was quite relieved to say the least.

Last edited:

badgas

Reaction score
Back when I owned them I would rotate between a sheild 9mm and a G27. The G17 was in the center console.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
No changes, but I am thinking about it. I have changed what is in the truck with us when we travel, besides the CCW's we both carry, and that will change again next year when we are not in California anymore, I hope.
I will just sing the same old song I always have, train like a mofo with whatever ya pack, this ain't like riding a bicycle, you can loose the muscle memory and the skills. IF it goes to shit and you are left with no choice but to use deadly force you sure as hell want to be able to stop the threat, 15 rounds are great, but if you are counting on chance to get one on the target you are not prepared.

End of sermon.

Depending on weather (clothing) and where my head is, I carry either a P220 .45 ACP with Trijicon Sights, a short reset trigger, andn Legion Grips
-A P229 Enhanced Elite, .40 S&W, Trijicon sights and Legion grips.
-A P239 .40 S&W
Any concern modifying your carry weapon? I have been told by more than one person in the know that you shouldn't. Greg block says you can, but in the aftermath of an incident the first thing they do in orange county is have him check if it has been modified. This apparently can be used against you in court.

Duramax

Reaction score
I can but no ccw in ca if I work there. I did last summer though had to work close to a looted area so tossed the g20 into my work truck.

Boss said might want to take some firepower your working la tomorrow so I did.
10mm.jpg

I love my G20. It is usually my nightstand piece.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Any concern modifying your carry weapon? I have been told by more than one person in the know that you shouldn't. Greg block says you can, but in the aftermath of an incident the first thing they do in orange county is have him check if it has been modified. This apparently can be used against you in court.
My shield has trigger work, trijicon sights and the chamber indicator removed.

Gun gets inspected every renewal by SBC sheriffs department. Never had a problem.

When and if you use it to kill someone what is the lawyer going to argue? Your modified gun made his client more dead?

Yes your honor I modified my gun for every advantage I could get to protect myself and my family. The deceased should have chosen violence against someone ill prepared. For I am not that person.

Now don’t go putting punisher logos on it though lol.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
My shield has trigger work, trijicon sights and the chamber indicator removed.

Gun gets inspected every renewal by SBC sheriffs department. Never had a problem.

When and if you use it to kill someone what is the lawyer going to argue? Your modified gun made his client more dead?

Yes your honor I modified my gun for every advantage I could get to protect myself and my family. The deceased should have chosen violence against someone ill prepared. For I am not that person.

Now don’t go putting punisher logos on it though lol.
The punisher was an example. But I remember him saying if you need to modify it, buy a better gun. He never explained the why. I've never looked at the case law either. My suspicion tells me it has something to do with intent? Not sure. But that's why I asked. Because, if I did have a carry weapon I carried every day, that happened to be an M&P9c. I would want the trigger modified with one of the apex trigger kits.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I have heard the same thing about hollow point type ammo. Anything "more deadly" is kind of premeditation and an enhanced willingness to use. Those sentiments can be portrayed in a negative aggressive light by a prosecutor.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, the very definition of “ concealing “ would mean no one knows what I’m doing until after all the noise. I try and think for myself as much as possible, and take “ orders from above” as advice - some good, some bad. I know I’m responsible for myself, and when you get right down to it, no one really cares if I live or die besides me. I owe it to myself to think ahead to have a good outcome. My instructor says ” judged by 12 is better the carried by 6”, and to limit conversion to “ I’m not sure of anything- I want my attorney “.