WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cart batteries

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'm assuming via search here that Costco 6 volts are the best deal stilll. Unless I'm missing a smoking offer somewhere: $99 each less core charge of $15.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
They don’t work all that great on a cart. I know a bunch of people who have tried, and were dissatisfied at the poor performance , short run time.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I'm assuming via search here that Costco 6 volts are the best deal stilll. Unless I'm missing a smoking offer somewhere: $99 each less core charge of $15.

Stick with trojans or crowns and youll be glad you did. Not sure where your out of but i shopped around and was able to find some trojans for $117 a piece last time. That was pre covid so who knows now.

I used the costco batteries before the last replacement. If your running around a mobile home park there not horrible. There ratings like run time ect are much weaker then the others. They were a messy battery and for sure only lasted 2 years vs trojans where if you take care of them youll get 3-4 years. The trojans seem to run the cart faster and longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
COSTCOS have taken another hit in quality. A direct hit.
The Costco/Walmart/Sams 6V Interstate isn't the same spex as the Interstate 6V sold at battery stores which aren't much better either.

You'd be lucky to get a year outta either of them and they don't hold much of a charge.

COVID has run the price up on Trojan 105's but I still buy them instead. Usually $20 more than the COSTCOs.
Worth it.
The place in Chino ya find off ebay is where I go. Cash n carry w/core exchange.

When I was a single working dad and every $ counted I've bought used batteries from Premier in LHC in the past and they always worked out good and I saved $100's.
Dunno if they still sell used.

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I bought my Solar battery backup stack from these guys in San Dimas. You have to remember to do maintenance discharge/charge conditioning if the stack is going dormant for a while (parked?, Winter?) to assure longevity

Reactions: TPC

weasle

Reaction score
The Costco batteries are junk as mentioned. I maybe got two years out of them last go around. Spend the extra money to purchase a better battery.

2Driver

Reaction score
Costco interstates are pounds lighter than the higher quality interstates, so you know what that translates into.

Pretty common that they offer popular brand names but cheaper versions so when you are at Costco you say, look Interstates for $50 cheaper!

riverroyal

Reaction score
trojans from Premier in havasu. Believe or not they had the best prices.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m need some shortly. I was quoted for 8 volt US battery at $140.00per for 170amp +tax, installed at my house.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I’m need some shortly. I was quoted for 8 volt US battery at $140.00per for 170amp +tax, installed at my house.

I had some US batteries in my 5th wheel. Good battery but leak or are messy in comparison to the Trojans.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I had some US batteries in my 5th wheel. Good battery but leak or are messy in comparison to the Trojans.

I have Trojans 875’s now. But have been reading that US bat has a better warranty and perform equal for a bit less.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I just went through the US - vs -Trojan myself. We had US. Jonny at Premier Golf said Trojans work a bit better and most people get 1 more year out of them. They are only a few bucks more. So we went Trojan.