WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Casale

Boat Potato

Reaction score
Does anybody have a contact for casale other than the business line? My brother dropped off his c-500 for a rebuild but can't get ahold of them to find out the status. They were back logged but he is trying to get it back before memorial.
On a side note are there any other places that can rebuild the c-500 as I guess not too many people will do the non split case?
Thanks!

lbhsbz

Reaction score
As far as I know, the non-split case units have all the caps machined to set the gear lash...at least the last one I took apart (20 years ago) was like that. If he's only changing the bearings, and keeps all the caps in their original locations, as well as counting how many gaskets (shims) are on each cap, bearing tolerances are tight enough that he probably won't have to change anything. If new gears are going in...that's a different story and will require a bunch of measuring and shimming/machine work.

sintax

Reaction score
The above comments are right.

As far as numbers go, I can shoot you a couple via PM, I dont know which is which though. I did talk to Drew there a week or so back. They are open, just working odd hours due to the virus he said. I think they're doing like 3pm - 11pm or something he said.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
As far as I know, the non-split case units have all the caps machined to set the gear lash...at least the last one I took apart (20 years ago) was like that. If he's only changing the bearings, and keeps all the caps in their original locations, as well as counting how many gaskets (shims) are on each cap, bearing tolerances are tight enough that he probably won't have to change anything. If new gears are going in...that's a different story and will require a bunch of measuring and shimming/machine work.
Thank you, it should just be bearings and seals. The output bearing was worn and had a nasty vibration.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Thank you, it should just be bearings and seals. The output bearing was worn and had a nasty vibration.
Don’t take my info as gospel...but replacing bearings is replaCing bearings...for the most part.

braindead

Reaction score
Bergeron rebuilt mine.

If you can, pull it from casale and take it here. Spent 30 mins listening to the dude jib jab about first payed, first served, he listed off over a grand in just bearings and seals for my champion v drive, plus labor and he was back logged. Called up Bergeron and was told "we can do it, but it's not that difficult, anybody can do it", less than $500 later I had a full rebuild kit, including new bearings, a couple hours of my time and it was back in the boat.

Casale thinks he's god, he's not, just way overpriced

Rjt01

Reaction score
I can go and pic it up , live like 5 mins from casale . Those guys fkn suck donkey dick , an will fk u over in a heart beat . Went there to get my drive done and wanted $500 deposit before the would touch it . The. Was quoted $1300 to finish it . Nah no thank u . Contacted Tom Bentley at menkins engineering in nothin California and shipped it to him an had it back in 2 weeks and was like new . Pm me if u want me to swing on by an grab ur drive .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
G&S marine can rebuild them.. Wilkes Marine can rebuild them..

there’s a ton of places that can rebuild them.

oldschool

Reaction score
No matter who you send it to, parts will likely come from Casale. This was the only hold up on mine. My C-500 was smoked, almost everything was junk except the cases. Nothings cheap to do on the C-500, unless you do it yourself.

Attachments

• AA1A4639-8462-4C57-91E5-FCB32834578F.jpeg
    AA1A4639-8462-4C57-91E5-FCB32834578F.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 107
  • 95D13358-58F8-42CE-8AAF-C88344CE82ED.jpeg
    95D13358-58F8-42CE-8AAF-C88344CE82ED.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 122

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
The above comments are right.

As far as numbers go, I can shoot you a couple via PM, I dont know which is which though. I did talk to Drew there a week or so back. They are open, just working odd hours due to the virus he said. I think they're doing like 3pm - 11pm or something he said.

haha 3pm-11pm is pretty much normal hours for them...seems like lately they have been "opening" closer to 5pm and that was way before the virus deal started.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I remember when I called Casale to reassemble the top loader I'd taken apart to change a couple seals on 20 years ago....I didn't know at the time that every single piece was machined special to set the gear lash. They quoted me $1700 and I'd have it back in 2 months. I played mix and match for 30 minutes and found the right places for everything. Fuck Casale.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
Sounds like everyone's had the same experiences with them. He picked it up from them today, ordered the seals and bearings and found someone to help assemble it.

SkiDoc

Reaction score
Most rude and psycotic interaction I have ever had with anyone. And I was just trying to figure out how much oil in a top loader.