WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

catalina island

jasonwtc

Reaction score
thinking about taking the girlfriend next weekend. need some ideas on places to stay and eat.
thanks

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
thinking about taking the girlfriend next weekend. need some ideas on places to stay and eat.
thanks

Take ur wallet! Its the season and the 99$ rooms are 299$ hope u find somethin cheaper.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Hamilton bay condos, some are really nice. They also come with golf carts which is really nice to have.

iPhone Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I second the condo's especially if there are 2 couples, it's cheaper than 2 rooms. For dinner i like the Lobster Trap, it's across and up from the smaller Vons, not on the water. great food. Also the late night pizza window next to the glenmore across from the chi chi.

Daytime, Lua Larry's, window booth, Larry's Blasters.

jasonwtc

Reaction score
looks like most of the island is sold out. i guess it is the season

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Most the rooms suck but make sure ya get one with a bathroom attached to your room, not a bathroom down the hall.

My favorite bar is the Marlin Club. It's deliberately styled like a dive bar,, so walk in and pass out.
You can bring in a pizza or sandwiches, no problem.

Luau Larrys always has good bands, but get their early, the place fills up fast.
We'll be in Avalon Harbor 12th and 13th, then onto Two Harbors until the 22nd.

Most the restaurants are a crap shoot.
We've had good experiences at Steve's Steakhouse, and the Lobster Trap,, but remember, it's a tourist town so it's crap shoot on service and quality.

if you plan to Zip Line,, book the reservation on line now.
NFW will you be able to wing it.

Some of the Hotels offer packages with recreation and the express ride if you're not taking your own boat.

A good starting point:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g29121-Avalon_Catalina_Island_California.html