WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Catalina Polar Bear

montaj629

Reaction score
I heard it may be going down on Saturday January 12th. Anybody doing it? Never done it before.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
It's a casual, free event, probably around 12 or 15 boats I would guess. I may have seen something about it on the Catalina Ski Race facebook page. PM me if you can't find more info easily, I can contact JP Krieger.

We had a sort of fun race/ski thing up here Saturday from Fox's to Bluewater and back.

montaj629

Reaction score
It's a casual, free event, probably around 12 or 15 boats I would guess. I may have seen something about it on the Catalina Ski Race facebook page. PM me if you can't find more info easily, I can contact JP Krieger.

We had a sort of fun race/ski thing up here Saturday from Fox's to Bluewater and back.
I was trying to go but the rush of the holidays caught up to me. Hopefully next year I can make the Fox’s ride. Seems like a good time and finish it off with some beverages at Fox’s!

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
It was cancelled for weather. But I heard a hand full of guys hammered it out anyway! Studs!
There was 9 teams that TRIED to brave the storm...key word tried. Lol it started raining again add the skiers we're getting into the water. We went out about 2 miles and turned around lol :eek: it was a fun run so no sense breaking the boat or the skier. One team made it the farthest out about 6 miles, before they turned around. Most of us ended up doing laps in the harbor.:cool:

A lot of the teams are going to give it a go again tomorrow at 9am:cool: