WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Catalina ski race

cakemoto

Reaction score
Anyone know the boat count for Saturday?

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
@Ragged Edge to the white courtesy phone please...

I'm hoping at least 30... with the other Countries' travel restrictions still in effect, there won't be any international skiers...

Skiracr - Senior Men (30-44)
Boat 687 - 36' Apache
Skier Brian Samaniego
Driver Ryan Sharman
Observer Larry Gebhart
Navigator Paul Sharman

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Is everyone spectating at the Maya? I did the QM two years ago but there was no live set up of the race, turn, or anything.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I saw a white and orange Apache today on the 10 heading that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score

That's my ride! coming out of Phoenix!
52528.jpeg

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score

As did I. Earlier around 3:45PM it was goin westbound on SR91. #357 I think?

EDIT: 687! I was traveling east. Snapped my neck around when I saw it in my peripheral, but couldn't make out much other than it was an APACHE :).

fmo24

Reaction score
Bummer. So with QM out of the question is there any good place to spectate from the shore?
You can sort of watch the start from the beach along Ocean Blvd then head over to the Maya for the finish. They line up between the first two oil islands for the start.

cakemoto

Reaction score
You can sort of watch the start from the beach along Ocean Blvd then head over to the Maya for the finish. They line up between the first two oil islands for the start.
Was going to say the same

old rigger

Reaction score

Did that once when I forgot the race was that morning, maybe 15-20 years ago when there were at least 3X as many entries. Still can't see much but it sounds pretty cool when they get the flag. Bring some binoculars if you go this route. Made it to the deck of the QM for the finish though.

Sucks about the Queen Mary being closed, definitely the best view unless you're out by the breakwater. Did that once with the first party cat out of the molds back in the 80s, exciting to be that close to the teams as they go by. It's a rush.

Big discussions on what the city is going to do about the QM this last week with the city leaders. 4 or 5 options were talked about (one was getting national landmark status for the tub and then Long Beach would be off the hook for it's maintenance) the last gets my vote. Drag that sink hole out to sea and let the Navy bomb the shit out of it. I'd pay to see that.

rivergames

Reaction score
Fan tail of the QM was so much fun a ton of us from here, had a blast with Campbell Carl!
Fun hanging in the parking lot after the race and popping a few tops before stumbling over to the Maya

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Where are you launching?
Probably Huntington Harbor . . . fuck me, I just walked in from a catalina trip with my pops in his 18 outrage , left at 5:00 am, , , the morning crossing was killer, we bass fished the front side up to the west end and down the backside to ribbon rock . . . left the island at 2:00 pm... fuck me it was a washing machine coming home. Very little ground swell, but the wind swell & chop was coming at us from every angle. My ass is whooped.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Probably Huntington Harbor . . . fuck me, I just walked in from a catalina trip with my pops in his 18 outrage , left at 5:00 am, , , the morning crossing was killer, we bass fished the front side up to the west end and down the backside to ribbon rock . . . left the island at 2:00 pm... fuck me it was a washing machine coming home. Very little ground swell, but the wind swell & chop was coming at us from every angle. My ass is whooped.
That’s a long day in an 18!

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Here is the complete entry list, 30 teams, the first column is boat #, the last column is boat length.
19Women's OpenLori DunsmoreBilly DunsmoreEd HerbstEJ HerbstHallettTerrible Herbst40
23Women's OpenAmy ThrelfallTim WuerfelCorbin HeinbuchGavin WuerfelFountainPatriot38
70Women's OpenTracy LangleyDarrell NottkeBrian VesleyKeefe NottkeHustlerTrinity Motorsports38
797Women's OpenMary MaherDarin WelterDarrel WeatherfordDax PascuaFountainGeri's Beach House38
00Men's OpenRyan BoxBrad BarrusCydnee KinslowNordic21
58Men's OpenMatthew KleeMike AvilaAndy KleeTodd StoneFountainMr. Warpath43
191Men's OpenTodd HaigRandy DavisDennis HallSteve DavisNordicNordic Racing43
37Junior BoysRayson NormandinDan NormandinTrevor CooperTerry CooperFountainEvil Twins35
137Junior BoysMason GoldsmithCarl GoldsmithJared CooperCigaretteCigarette Racing36
145Junior BoysTy CheshierChad BoltonAndy AndersonShannon SellersHallettJust for Shits & Giggles30
512Junior BoysCraig Ferguson IIIKyle LanconCJ FergusonHallettWide Open Throttle Marine21
915Junior BoysHunter SchnackenbergBryin YedorKane KennedyNordicBumble Bee21
193Intermediate MenJason DavisonTodd KelmTanner Kelm NordicNordic Racing21
718Senior WomenCheryl RustonDave RankinTed HofmannMick JonesFormula32
172Senior MenCameron KingBill SteinerMike KingGlenn HatchFountainIn-Sanity42
687Senior MenBrian SamaniegoRyan SharmanLarry GebhartPaul SharmanApacheFra Diavolo36
138Expert MenGreg AndersonCarl BrunstBJ HipskindScot St.GeorgeFormulaHigh Maintenance V31
P6MastersJay GotfredsonGusElliott GotfredsonChallengerGeritol Xpress21
10MastersDave ChandlerRoss KennedyMike MorenoPerry ThomasScarabCarbon Credit38
591NoviceRick SalernoAustin SalernoTodd TiptonAnthony SalernoNordic24
767NoviceSean DiCiccoSean ClancyScott MillerChris GraysonGACSee Spot Run38
21Formula 1Tyler FrankDavid FrankDenise FrankNordicNordic Racing21
222Formula II OutboardJohn KompaniezCraig GregoryKevin YedorLab SportTeam 22221
E9Open Day CruiserTim TurlySteve PaliskaPaul PaliskaRandall StockstillWarlockE-929
132Open Day CruiserMatt BastienKenny SpringDonald WilsonHalletWB Approved21
930Open Day CruiserTodd LacknerJohn VorisFadi SacreWarlockTeam Voris29
38SportsmanMark WagnerBrian WilsonRolf BartlowNordicWilson Motorsports21
15Over & BackPatrick FrascaTravis TaitRyan TovattCharlie ThomasFountainTenacious35
77Over & BackMark HonsowetzMike LeFrenzDean ThirlillHonsowetz/LeFrenzHallettWe Got This21
359Over & BackBrent GriffinJustin LegereMike McGookinGery SinnottFountainChopped Liver40