WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Caught a beaver in my hav-a-heart trap this morning.

2Driver

Reaction score
At first I thought it was a snake.
I called the wildlife guys and while they didn’t have the budget to come out, they said it was more than likely a beaver. They get these calls all the time.

So now what do I do with this beaver?

IMG_6836.jpeg

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
I recommend rethinking your bait ;) I was recently using a couple of the jumbo old school Victor rat traps, didn't get a single rat but got two poor Towhee birdies who also apparently like peanut butter with a nice cashew on top. :(
Borrowed a Hava-Heart trapper from my neighbor and decided I'd probably only catch that cute skunk, not the ground squirrels.
Do not want to trap the skunk --- no way.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I recommend rethinking your bait ;) I was recently using a couple of the jumbo old school Victor rat traps, didn't get a single rat but got two poor Towhee birdies who also apparently like peanut butter with a nice cashew on top. :(
Borrowed a Hava-Heart trapper from my neighbor and decided I'd probably only catch that cute skunk, not the ground squirrels.
Do not want to trap the skunk --- no way.
Somehow My Squirrel-inator trap Captured a Skunk last year, fortunately it was unable to turn around inside so I fashioned a hay hook to a long rope , hooked the trap and dragged it with my tractor to my back pasture , the entire time My wife was watching hysterically laughing It wasnt a pretty sight ..... The good news was Turkey Vultures LOVE skunk !

retaocleg

Reaction score
thought he was implying rattler, but if it is a bull, i'd let it go in my yard......mice need predators, not much mice on mice crime

2Driver

Reaction score
thought he was implying rattler, but if it is a bull, i'd let it go in my yard......mice need predators, not much mice on mice crime

It was a red racer. Amazing how fast he exited.

Yes I let him go, I just hope he doesn’t chew down the trees to make a dam. 😁

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Did you at least take the opportunity to find Jesus and salvation before you turned it loose?

53138001-cd0c-4891-89e0-116684f779ea-NASBrd_02-22-2014_Tennessean_1_B003__2014_02_21_IMG_cody_...jpg

retaocleg

Reaction score
they eat mice too.....we need some down at the shop

Taboma

Reaction score
Somehow My Squirrel-inator trap Captured a Skunk last year, fortunately it was unable to turn around inside so I fashioned a hay hook to a long rope , hooked the trap and dragged it with my tractor to my back pasture , the entire time My wife was watching hysterically laughing It wasnt a pretty sight ..... The good news was Turkey Vultures LOVE skunk !
Damn, the other trap I borrowed from my neighbor and had intended to use --- so as NOT to catch the cute Pepe Le Pew, was a Squirrelinator :oops:
Last time I got downwind of a turkey vulture, they might as well have been skunks --- damn those things are nasty.

On job sites when we'd get some skunk squatting, the trick was toss a cover over it, or get it in a trash can or box. They won't spray themselves, so in an enclosed environment, they won't spray. Then we'd take the can or box out to the edge of the field and stand back and let him go unmolested.

Whenever my game cam catches the skunk making his or her rounds I laugh my ass off. Those short legs going a hundred miles an hour as that brave little bastard proudly parades right through the middle of three coyotes feasting on avocados. They give him a glance, careful not to make eye contact, and otherwise ignore it. 🤣 First time I watched in video I told my wife --- "Look, look, that skunk is going to get his ass handed to him big time" --- nope, he struts around like he owns the place and it just cracks me up.
Anyway, I don't watch to catch him or kill him, I think he's cool. In fact the only things I intentionally kill are Rattlers, and Rodents.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Damn, the other trap I borrowed from my neighbor and had intended to use --- so as NOT to catch the cute Pepe Le Pew, was a Squirrelinator :oops:
Last time I got downwind of a turkey vulture, they might as well have been skunks --- damn those things are nasty.

On job sites when we'd get some skunk squatting, the trick was toss a cover over it, or get it in a trash can or box. They won't spray themselves, so in an enclosed environment, they won't spray. Then we'd take the can or box out to the edge of the field and stand back and let him go unmolested.

Whenever my game cam catches the skunk making his or her rounds I laugh my ass off. Those short legs going a hundred miles an hour as that brave little bastard proudly parades right through the middle of three coyotes feasting on avocados. They give him a glance, careful not to make eye contact, and otherwise ignore it. 🤣 First time I watched in video I told my wife --- "Look, look, that skunk is going to get his ass handed to him big time" --- nope, he struts around like he owns the place and it just cracks me up.
Anyway, I don't watch to catch him or kill him, I think he's cool. In fact the only things I intentionally kill are Rattlers, and Rodents.
Interesting because being a huge gun lover, and shooter, I have absolutely no desire to kill don’t even really get off on the thought of a hunting. our boys are back and they’re kind of enjoyable just to watch we’ve been observing them for 30 years how they interact with the other animals the does and every year the babies.

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpeg
    IMG_8897.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8898.jpeg
    IMG_8898.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8896.jpeg
    IMG_8896.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 19

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Set it free with all the rest of the channel beaver😉

sirbob

Reaction score
Said Mrs Cleaver - Ward, don’t you think you were are little hard in the Beaver last night?