WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Caught the Sucker!

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Here is the possum I encountered and hit while working in my house crawlspace. I actually caught two, the first one at 9:37pm and was as big as my hand, this one in the pic at 10:35pm and was a lot bigger. It doesn't look like it in the pic cause he is afraid and cornered, but it was. When I caught the first one, I knew it wasn't the one I came across, so I put the trap back in and low and behold, caught the right one. I put the trap back in just to make sure there were no more, checked it this moring, and it was empty. I hope I don't have any more under the house.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 577

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Nice catch.:thumbsup

I just got done doing battle with a few racoons at my rental. They really fucked some shiat up this time. :grumble:

The funny part is the tenant is afraid of them. Long story but the racoons busted in twice and tore open the heater ducting under the house and pissed and shit everywhere.

hopefully we locked them out cuz they broke into the neighbors garage and tore open his cabinets to get some cat food.

Racoons = 2. Dave = 0

Director...
Reaction score
Where is Brown when you need him.....He usually eats those damn things....:thumbsup

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Nice catch.:thumbsup

I just got done doing battle with a few racoons at my rental. They really fucked some shiat up this time. :grumble:

The funny part is the tenant is afraid of them. Long story but the racoons busted in twice and tore open the heater ducting under the house and pissed and shit everywhere.

hopefully we locked them out cuz they broke into the neighbors garage and tore open his cabinets to get some cat food.

Racoons = 2. Dave = 0

Man, good thing I don't have to go againts those.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I hate those things. My neighbors back yard looks like a forest and we see those ugly fockers walking on the fence that separates the two houses all the time.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Don't get me started.:grumble: We have alot of them. I think the treehuggers here feed them because they are fat sumbitches. :p

Actually the score over time is more like:

Racoons = 15. Dave = 1.

Damages = couple thousand $$.

Of course is extremely illegal to shoot them here. :thumbsdown

Don't ask me about the one because I will deny everything. (BNAG) :D

:p

Man, good thing I don't have to go againts those.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You have the better quality trap.
The Harbor freight traps are junk, Varmits escape easily.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
You have the better quality trap.
The Harbor freight traps are junk, Varmits escape easily.

It is the Haveaheart non collapsible one, it was $50.00 but worth it as I read the reviews and everybody was happy with it. It is kind of big but you never know how big these suckers are going to be.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
What did you did with the varmints after you caught them?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
What did you did with the varmints after you caught them?

I let them go in the front yard and they went of on their marry way. I made sure I sealed the crawlspace house vent it was getting in thru before I set the trap yesterday, I don't want those suckers to come back.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Traps work, no doubt, and are easier than a gun under the house for sure.

Up here, my problem for years has been ground squirrels. The little bastards appeared all at once and tear things up. I used to have a .177 cheapo pellet gun, I got lucky every once in awhile with it, but not often enough.
I got pissed. I spent a good chunk of change on an RWS Diana 460 .22 cal sidecocker pellet rifle.
I bought it from airguns of Arizona, spec'd a scope for it, and had them site in in a a special tube deal they have.
The thing is quieter than a .22 by a bunch, and deadly to ground squirrels at 25-40 yards. I love the thing. I whacked 6 of the damn things within the first week, about 5 more last year, and am waiting patiently for whatever are left of them to show up.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Crazy!

I have a flip out in Rancho that is infested with cats. There are probably 2 dozen living in and under the house. Animal control in Rancho Cucamonga could give two shits and I feel bad just killing them:hmm

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Crazy!

I have a flip out in Rancho that is infested with cats. There are probably 2 dozen living in and under the house. Animal control in Rancho Cucamonga could give two shits and I feel bad just killing them:hmm

Time to trap them and turned them in to a shelter, this trap I used is for racoons, cats and armadillos, it is pretty big.