WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Caution! Motorhead discussion.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I like the thought of that clean set-up, however the limiting factor with that manifold is airflow. I ran one (AZ Speed Marine) on my 502 and it was awesome. I tried to run it on my 540 and was limited on the dyno. I know I had a long runner and the short runner version will work on a 540 but I really doubt you can get over 650HP with that manifold. A 598 is going to need more air than that manifold will give (especially N/A). You would probably be better off with a big single plane and a 2000CFM throttle body with MPFI. I am running a setup like that on my 548 and make 711HP @6200 through a Holley HP. Coil on plug can get more complicated on a BBC unless the platform started that way because you need to set-up a reluctor wheel and piece the system together. Holley uses a dual pick-up distributor (cam and crank) or you can use a crank trigger for the crank side and let the dist. pick up the cam signal. Just one guys opinion.
Good opinion. Efi is beyond me.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I like the thought of that clean set-up, however the limiting factor with that manifold is airflow. I ran one (AZ Speed Marine) on my 502 and it was awesome. I tried to run it on my 540 and was limited on the dyno. I know I had a long runner and the short runner version will work on a 540 but I really doubt you can get over 650HP with that manifold. A 598 is going to need more air than that manifold will give (especially N/A). You would probably be better off with a big single plane and a 2000CFM throttle body with MPFI. I am running a setup like that on my 548 and make 711HP @6200 through a Holley HP. Coil on plug can get more complicated on a BBC unless the platform started that way because you need to set-up a reluctor wheel and piece the system together. Holley uses a dual pick-up distributor (cam and crank) or you can use a crank trigger for the crank side and let the dist. pick up the cam signal. Just one guys opinion.

Thank you sir
We are forced to us LS motors in the jet
Merc is the last to Marinize a bbc
Your are right- single plane intake - big throttle body - fuel rails - Holley Hp