WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CBD for pets

wallnutz

Reaction score
Has anybody used CBD oil for their pets? My mom’s dog has kind of made a turn for the worse with her hips. They have tried a few different treatments from the vet to no avail. She is an older dog and it will break my mom’s heart if she has to put her down. I have been doing a little research and some of really seem to help. I would like some real world testaments if anybody has used them.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I have and given it out to friends. It works well for most, not a cure all but definitely helps. Make sure you get legit stuff there is lots of rip off stuff out there

wallnutz

Reaction score
These are two that I have been looking at. I would like to find someone local to buy from, so if it works it is readily available.
378271B1-899F-403E-8A6B-797B04051719.png
029C6604-A628-408E-8014-EE18D15500FC.png

rvrrun

Reaction score
Our black lab/Shepard mix is 11 and X-rays show that she does not have hip joints anymore. She still plays and walks, but it's very apparent that she is in discomfort some evenings. We have her on Dasuquin and Truprofen daily and supplement with a CBD type product (biscuits and drops) when she is having a bad day. Fourth of July and New Year's Eve get her wound up to the point where she paces endlessly and destroys the walk in closets by digging and nesting. There were fireworks last night and we gave her a hot dose of the biscuit with some drops on it and she lay peacefully at my wife's feet all night. She was still shaking and would not go outside, but it was a definite improvement.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Our black lab/Shepard mix is 11 and X-rays show that she does not have hip joints anymore. She still plays and walks, but it's very apparent that she is in discomfort some evenings. We have her on Dasuquin and Truprofen daily and supplement with a CBD type product (biscuits and drops) when she is having a bad day. Fourth of July and New Year's Eve get her wound up to the point where she paces endlessly and destroys the walk in closets by digging and nesting. There were fireworks last night and we gave her a hot dose of the biscuit with some drops on it and she lay peacefully at my wife's feet all night. She was still shaking and would not go outside, but it was a definite improvement.
They tried Truprofen treatments and they didn’t sit well with her stomach. Maybe the oil will help with this too?

ddevore

Reaction score
Has anybody used CBD oil for their pets? My mom’s dog has kind of made a turn for the worse with her hips. They have tried a few different treatments from the vet to no avail. She is an older dog and it will break my mom’s heart if she has to put her down. I have been doing a little research and some of really seem to help. I would like some real world testaments if anybody has used them.

I did, we had 2 labs going on 16 years old. Both were having problems standing and getting around, pretty sad to watch after all the years. We bought some human grade cbd for them. For the male I could see a giant difference, he was acting like he did when he was younger, getting up ok and a little more playful. It did not make much difference for the female. I guess your mileage may vary, I figured if it helps a bit it’s worth a shot.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Our Newfoundland experienced epileptic seizures. They now have had very good success using CBD for that condition. Had it been available, we would have used it with the vet's guidance.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I was using it with good results with my golden doodle pup to help calm her down. Also used it on my poodle for seizures with limited results (RIP...) I have since read some troubling things about liver failure when used in pets so I’ve stopped for now out of caution. I remain on the fence until I see more data.

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I have a 6 year old black lab that has seizures. I've been giving him cbd that has a little thc in it as well. I've heard its more effective if it has some tch. The seizures have stopped completely.

Havalife

Reaction score
For the hips the best thing I have seen that works is Liquid Health joint supplement. I would suggest giving it a try and get the level 5000. You can double the dose when you start using it then after a week go to the recommended dose. Level 5000 has 5200 mg of Glucosamine, 1000 mg of MSM, and 1000 mg of Chondroitin nothing else that I seen on the market is even close to this. I have seen this help a lot of pets.

warlock250

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old black lab that has seizures. I've been giving him cbd that has a little thc in it as well. I've heard its more effective if it has some tch. The seizures have stopped completely.
I bought some with Thc in California for my little fur babies and I'm not sure if it's helpful or not. Our vet has prescribed some stuff we have to give her 3 times a day which sucks but I think it helps the most.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My 17 year old heeler get CBD with thc every day and he seems way happier, walks and runs a little more now.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My wife started giving her 15 yr old Golden Retriever CBD about 2 months ago when she basically could no longer walk or even stand up on her own anymore. I seriously thought the end was near. I have to admit I thought all this CBD stuff was just a bunch of Snake Oil. But after about 2 weeks on that stuff she was back to normal, we walk her about 1/2 mile every day, her appetite is like a 5 year old dog, and she has put on about 10 pounds since then. I was pretty impressed at the change and that's saying a lot!!!

wallnutz

Reaction score
My wife started giving her 15 yr old Golden Retriever CBD about 2 months ago when she basically could no longer walk or even stand up on her own anymore. I seriously thought the end was near. I have to admit I thought all this CBD stuff was just a bunch of Snake Oil. But after about 2 weeks on that stuff she was back to normal, we walk her about 1/2 mile every day, her appetite is like a 5 year old dog, and she has put on about 10 pounds since then. I was pretty impressed at the change and that's saying a lot!!!
Can you post a picture of what you are using and where you got it.

old rigger

Reaction score

Don't have any experience with CBD but I noticed the mix of your dog. We had the same mix and she made it to 15. My wife was a runner and she'd take that dog every day for a 7 mile run and when our son got home from school he'd let the dog pull him though the neighborhood for a few laps on his longboard skateboard. That dog was born to run and run and she never did get any hip problems which I thought was amazing. Putting her down was one of the toughest things I've ever done.

wzuber

Reaction score
www.vetcam2.com

This is where I've been buying my CBD for my dogs. It helped significantly with my 11 yr. old lab Reese when her knee that had a tight rope type surgery done would hurt after playing hard. I also give it to my new rescue pitbull to help chill him out some with his separation anxiety issues. This is high quality, third party lab tested and verified CBD oil. Their processing info. is on the website. Dr. Heskett has been our Vet for the last 7 yrs. and is an excellent Vet. and awesome person to boot. She is extremely dedicated to the high quality care of our furry friends and does it in the most financially conservative way for the issue at hand.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
vet-cbd-products.jpg

this is what we use. you have to get it from a dispensary since it has THC in it.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
A friend has bought CBD from the store by Smiths off Acoma for her dog who has cancer and says it helps a lot! I don’t personally have any experience to share... Good luck!!