WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CDL HAZMAT endorsement question

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So I got my Class A back, HAZMAT endorsement this time.
I get my temporary license and the HAZMAT endorsement isn’t on it.
I directed the supervisor to write me a letter stating I have the endorsement to have with me.
He said they don’t put the HAZMAT endorsement on temporary licenses in the new TSA background era for that endorsement. Anyone else experience this?
Guy tells me “You move explosives in exigent circumstances, so you are covered”

My response “Um, no ,not in an Accident,
Paper and a signature from a DMV Supervisor at least shows I attempted due diligence to be covered correctly”.

Love how people try to make things up

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My temporary had it
This office tried to tell me I had a restriction to not drive anything with a 5th wheel.
I passed the test with a low bed 🙃.
Their excuse was there was glitch in Sacramento that entered the restriction.
I betting my hard Copy won’t be coming with the endorsement on it and I’ll be coming back with a DMV investigator to clear up the issues one way or another.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
My temporary had all my additional endorsements but the that was several years ago. This doesn't sound right to me.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes, yes he will. This is not one of his "pet" topics and you have the ability to pay the fine. Direct business venture by the DA.

I believe LR2 to be white and is a cop, so you are correct, he is already guilty. I was just trying to make the guy feel better by making more shit up.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Sounds like a BS excuse for forgetting to enter data correctly, and being too lazy to fix it, was it close to closing time? 😡

4Waters

Reaction score
This office tried to tell me I had a restriction to not drive anything with a 5th wheel.
I passed the test with a low bed 🙃.
Their excuse was there was glitch in Sacramento that entered the restriction.
I betting my hard Copy won’t be coming with the endorsement on it and I’ll be coming back with a DMV investigator to clear up the issues one way or another.
Yeah, they tried to give me a pintle hook restriction as well, I told them Dotson only has 5th wheel, they also tried to give me an automatic restriction on my passenger as well.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Yeah, they tried to give me a pintle hook restriction as well, I told them Dotson only has 5th wheel, they also tried to give me an automatic restriction on my passenger as well.
Never heard of a pintle hook restriction, is this on a class B deal or what.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This same office wouldn’t do a test for a SWAT Ofcr. doing a Class B road test in the Bear:
They said “I’m not getting in a truck with an armed person”.....(Uniformed LAPD Officer)
A call to Sacramento squared that situation away quickly
Haters are everywhere

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This same office wouldn’t do a test for a SWAT Ofcr. doing a Class B road test in the Bear:
They said “I’m not getting in a truck with an armed person”.....(Uniformed LAPD Officer)
A call to Sacramento squared that situation away quickly
Haters are everywhere
FFS must’ve been a true believer. 😂

LowRiver2

Reaction score
E7C088AC-C2FD-441D-AD1E-2AC31863ED54.jpeg

Here’s the restrictions off my sheet:
I wonder if Pintle hook was taken off as a restriction?

4Waters

Reaction score
Never heard of a pintle hook restriction, is this on a class B deal or what.
No, class A. If you want an unrestricted class A you now (in the last 6ish years) have to take the test with a 5th wheel or you get a pintle hook restriction. It's an "O" restriction.

Screenshot_20210303-120637_Drive.jpg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
No, class A. If you want an unrestricted class A you now (in the last 6ish years) have to take the test with a 5th wheel or you get a pintle hook restriction. It's an "O" restriction.

View attachment 978299
6A9E3BED-CA19-446C-B121-2BE326A8F500.jpeg

Okay, that makes sense.
I passed with this pig. Not sure how in the hell I got the 5th wheel restriction, but I did.

Funny, Gardena supervisor called back and said I needed to come back to do application over per Sacramento.

I said sure thing, Sgt. “x” from DMV investigations will be coming with me.
Could’ve heard a pin drop.
His voice got shaky.
Funny how haters act when you put a flashlight on their BS.

yard dog

Reaction score
So I got my Class A back, HAZMAT endorsement this time.
I get my temporary license and the HAZMAT endorsement isn’t on it.
I directed the supervisor to write me a letter stating I have the endorsement to have with me.
He said they don’t put the HAZMAT endorsement on temporary licenses in the new TSA background era for that endorsement. Anyone else experience this?
Guy tells me “You move explosives in exigent circumstances, so you are covered”

My response “Um, no ,not in an Accident,
Paper and a signature from a DMV Supervisor at least shows I attempted due diligence to be covered correctly”.

Love how people try to make things up
That is true you pass the test , but mvd will not issue the HAZMAT until the TSA background check and also you should do finger prints at a lifeScan and answer the TSA questions and then they send it to TSA . Takes a couple of weeks . Also make sure you bring your license and birth certificate with you and I think in CA you must take the HAZMAT test every 2 years . And you should register for the national registry for drug testing when you get a CDL too .

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Mine here in NV had it on it.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That is true you pass the test , but mvd will not issue the HAZMAT until the TSA background check and also you should do finger prints at a lifeScan and answer the TSA questions and then they send it to TSA . Takes a couple of weeks . Also make sure you bring your license and birth certificate with you ,!
Yes
I’ve had my TSA background clearance since Aug. 20’
They aren’t using that as an excuse (surprisingly)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That is true you pass the test , but mvd will not issue the HAZMAT until the TSA background check and also you should do finger prints at a lifeScan and answer the TSA questions and then they send it to TSA . Takes a couple of weeks . Also make sure you bring your license and birth certificate with you and I think in CA you must take the HAZMAT test every 2 years .
They said there was a “hold” on my Passport by the State dept. when I presented it in Oct. 20’
Same clerk said it would take 30-60 days to clear

One call to my FBI contact, they called the State Dept., cleared in 30 minutes

The State Dept. said there was no reason entered for the hold and they had no idea how that happened

Lovely 🙄

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow, stuff's changed. I'm not that old, but as a younger lad I remember hazmat was pretty simple: How can it kill you? Do you know how to keep it from killing you? Do you know how to read those on the paper work? No background checks that I recall?

yard dog

Reaction score
I want to add if you have a CDL , make you register online for the national registry for drug testing . At ABF it’s mandatory and also on random’s we do urine and hair follicle testing now, which I think in the near future the hair follicle test will be a DOT requirement too for drug tests .

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
I want to add if you have a CDL , make you register online for the national registry for drug testing . At ABF it’s mandatory and also on random’s we do urine and hair follicle testing now, which I think in the near future the hair follicle test will be a DOT requirement too for drug tests .
The clearinghouse.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Give them another phone call....
I think there will be a case package at the DMV with my name on it when this is done

I’ll probably get proned out on the 40 with a stolen vehicle input by said office lol

Wow, stuff's changed. I'm not that old, but as a younger lad I remember hazmat was pretty simple: How can it kill you? Do you know how to keep it from killing you? Do you know how to read those on the paper work? No background checks that I recall?
TSA background check $87
Money grab, I already have an FBI clearance that covers all fed agencies
They make money as my record comes back in seconds with multiple numbers to run my ass 5 ways to sunday

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Any LAPD Officer with a CDL gets a “random” urine test twice a year.
I used to get notified on Bomb Calls, and was like “I’ll respond after the call”.
They actually have a Cop assigned to collect the tests, I made him O/T waiting for my call to end 🙄

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Any LAPD Officer with a CDL gets a “random” urine test twice a year.
I used to get notified on Bomb Calls, and was like “I’ll respond after the call”.
They actually have a Cop assigned to collect the tests, I made him O/T waiting for my call to end 🙄
You have to really wonder how the officer drew that detail...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
You have to really wonder how the officer drew that detail...
By choice I bet :
Weekends , holidays off
I call them the “IBM” crowd if under 40 (he is)
All about no risk so they can promote and take college classes
So be it

4Waters

Reaction score
I think there will be a case package at the DMV with my name on it when this is done

I’ll probably get proned out on the 40 with a stolen vehicle input by said office lol

TSA background check $87
Money grab, I already have an FBI clearance that covers all fed agencies
They make money as my record comes back in seconds with multiple numbers to run my ass 5 ways to sunday
I've been finger printed so many times I'm at the top of the page, 3 times for my EMT, 4 times for LA City DOT, 2 times for the school district, 1 time for Hazmat 1 time for LASO, 3 times for gun purchase and 1 time for my screw up😳. I'm usually cleared in a couple hours, it took Simi Unified less than an hour to get my info back.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I've been finger printed so many times I'm at the top of the page, 3 times for my EMT, 4 times for LA City DOT, 2 times for the school district, 1 time for Hazmat 1 time for LASO, 3 times for gun purchase and 1 time for my screw up😳. I'm usually cleared in a couple hours, it took Simi Unified less than an hour to get my info back.

I hear you
I have so many files, prints, etc, I never get too worked up about privacy. None left for me lol

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

View attachment 978299
Holy shit things have changed, couldn’t tell you the last time I took a test. I let my Hazmat go when they required them byTSA check or whatever the hell it is, I just saw it as a money grab. I guess they figure the terrorists will make sure to placard their dirty bombs before driving down the highway. 😂

Glad I’m just about done with this nonsense.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Holy shit things have changed, couldn’t tell you the last time I took a test. I let my Hazmat go when they required them byTSA check or whatever the hell it is, I just saw it as a money grab. I guess they figure the terrorists will make sure to placard their dirty bombs before driving down the highway. 😂

Glad I’m just about done with this nonsense.
It’s the exact background screening as the TSA pre check
Of course they won’t let you do one to cover both 🙄

Andy B.

Reaction score
It’s the exact background screening as the TSA pre check
Of course they won’t let you do one to cover both 🙄

I have a TWIC card that I can use for tsa precheck but stiil had to pay for both..

rrrr

Reaction score
I have a TWIC card that I can use for tsa precheck but stiil had to pay for both..

I get pre check randomly for no reason I can decipher. I've never applied for it. With all of the metal in my body, I'm just happy they've gone to millimeter wave machines nationwide. It got old being wanded for five minutes and then some pasty faced fat white boy in blue grabbing my junk.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I get pre check randomly for no reason I can decipher. I've never applied for it. With all of the metal in my body, I'm just happy they've gone to millimeter wave machines nationwide. It got old being wanded for five minutes and then some pasty faced fat white boy in blue grabbing my junk.
I just read this I'm laughing out loud! Wife asks what's so funny I go RDP she shakes here head! 😄