WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cell Phone question?

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxie Mega and the battery is fast becoming toast. The phone is approx 3 years old and works fine other than the battery.

I'm going to purchase a new battery, my question is when I remove the old one and replace it will I lose all my contacts etc? Is there another small memory battery in there of some sort? I know nothing about these devices and don't want to eff up my contacts, texts, etc.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Do you lose it when your battery goes dead? :D

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Google and YouTube.....
I have a friend who replaced his battery in his IPhone .... He had never said he lost anything.... Back up to the cloud?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I don't know about iphone......but your contact info and stuff should save to you Sim card anyways. This is how you are able to transfer all your old info to a new phone when you replace it.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Come to think of it......I had an old Droid that went to shit....and I couldn't charge it......when I replaced it....my old contacts and stuff we're transferred with my Sim card.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
you will be fine, just make sure you get a oem battery.

some of the after markets are the same, some are not. its hit or miss. the oems are only a buck or 2 more on amazon.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Everything is stored on a solid state hard drive. RAM is the only thing that gets wiped with the loss of power. The only thing stored on RAM is temporary information used by applications that are running.