WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cell phone ticket, 1 point on your record now as of July 1st.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Got a ticket the other day for speeding. Paid the ticket, did traffic school. The one take away I learned was as of July 1st this year. Cell phone tickets now count as 1 point on your record.

brgrcru

Reaction score
sorry about your speeding ticket.
also not sorry, for the 1 point distracted phone and texters while driving. should be two points. and a 5k fine.
fuck distracted drivers. its about 75% of drivers.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Sorry but i disagree with this law . To subjective . I was stopped for just holding my phone in beverly hills . I was not texting or talking just holding it . No different then a ice cream cone or a cup of coffee . Gives law enforcement to much probable cause .

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
@Boat 405 Is this California? They recently changed the law on the points and traffic school. Now supposedly Traffic School doesnt remove the points it just removes the reporting to your insurance. Points now stay on the record. Or something to that effect. I took TS just before the law changed and I recall they mentioned it.

grumpy88

Reaction score
You need to tint your windows
Except my wife did that to our cars and i have to roll down the windows to back up ! Lol . Im better off growing hair and keeping my hands at 10 and 2 . Maybe i could register my vehicles in somebody elses name too ! Haha

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Got a ticket the other day for speeding. Paid the ticket, did traffic school. The one take away I learned was as of July 1st this year. Cell phone tickets now count as 1 point on your record.

Knowing who issued this might help lol. Are you in Moscow or where dude

cofooter

Reaction score
sorry about your speeding ticket.
also not sorry, for the 1 point distracted phone and texters while driving. should be two points. and a 5k fine.
fuck distracted drivers. its about 75% of drivers.
Agree, get the hell off the road if you're going to look at you phone. 90% of the dickwad drivers (mostly millenial women) I see doing stupid shit like weaving, going under the speed limit, and generally not payng attention to traffic are texting or talking on their phone. Give them all tickets. Not picking on the OP and don't know his exact situation, but screw these people, they are going to cause an accident.........

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You think they will enforce this with all the trucks weaving all over the road ? What are they doing ? They certainly aren’t driving
There has been a federal law for a truck driver use of a cell phone for quite some time $2750 fine for the first offense as I recall, it’s just not enforced very often.

With all the new bells and whistle‘s in modern cars and trucks distracting drivers, it’s a wonder there’s not more accidents.

73mandella

Reaction score
Thought I'd look up some statistics on traffic fatalities due to speeding and distracted driving. The numbers are all over the map, but it appears that speeding is the primary collision factor in about 12,000 fatalities annually whereas distracted driving is about 3500 per year. I say cite them all.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thought I'd look up some statistics on traffic fatalities due to speeding and distracted driving. The numbers are all over the map, but it appears that speeding is the primary collision factor in about 12,000 fatalities annually whereas distracted driving is about 3500 per year. I say cite them all.
Including distracted drivers by there children ? Distracted by trying to work the 12" screen in the car to change air temp or radio station ? Where does it end ?

brgrcru

Reaction score
Including distracted drivers by there children ? Distracted by trying to work the 12" screen in the car to change air temp or radio station ? Where does it end ?

look down at your phone for 5 seconds at 55mph. you just traveled a football field. whos driving 55? what's the problem?
put your phone down or go hands free.
I see more close calls and accidents, by distracted drivers, every 12 hour day.
your fucking up my day. when you slam into someone at 70 .

73mandella

Reaction score
Travelling about 55 mph with the flow of traffic on the 22 headed towards the 405 interchange today on my way home. Jackass drives from the HOV lane, moves to the number one lane, then to the number 2 lane where I was leaving less than a half car length between my front and his rear bumper. He then goes back into the number 1 lane cutting off another car and then to the HOV lane. Maybe he was distracted by all the other cars on the freeway.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Travelling about 55 mph with the flow of traffic on the 22 headed towards the 405 interchange today on my way home. Jackass drives from the HOV lane, moves to the number one lane, then to the number 2 lane where I was leaving less than a half car length between my front and his rear bumper. He then goes back into the number 1 lane cutting off another car and then to the HOV lane. Maybe he was distracted by all the other cars on the freeway.
Driving skills, etiquette, and courtesy have gone to shit the last 40 years. We are living in the new “it’s all about me and fuck the rest of the people” world.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Shit. In the old days used to roll a joint while flipping over the Black Sabbath or Who’s Next. tape while driving. :p Then got a better job and bought the fancy auto reverse tape player so now could use free hand to pop off the Haffenreffer malt beer bottle cap. :p Didn’t need a phone to be distracted.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I still think for the most part , people are good drivers and courteous . Even the distracted ones . But it takes just one time , to injure or kill someone , to ruin there life and yours . If your driving . Drive ..........

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I was going to mention that. These new screens are real user involved. The new Escalade has a giant one. The Tesla and I am sure a lot more models have ones that are like a tv!

77charger

Reaction score
Sorry but i disagree with this law . To subjective . I was stopped for just holding my phone in beverly hills . I was not texting or talking just holding it . No different then a ice cream cone or a cup of coffee . Gives law enforcement to much probable cause .
The thing i really laugh about in the phone law is you cant talk with it to your ears but you can have your hand over your earpiec while driving down the road.

wishiknew

Reaction score
You think they will enforce this with all the trucks weaving all over the road ? What are they doing ? They certainly aren’t driving
That’s because they are driving with there feet !!!!!!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Have you tried the patch?😁

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Plus. And I have been guilty of this as my vehicle has wifi. So watching the Sopranos or Deadwood on HBO max makes the boring drive home from Vegas a little faster. Seen them so many times I don’t have to be glued to the screen. Plus with the 11 speaker Bose system, you hear every sound perfect.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I still think for the most part , people are good drivers and courteous . Even the distracted ones . But it takes just one time , to injure or kill someone , to ruin there life and yours . If your driving . Drive ..........
100%
We are distracted by many things, combine that with cars that drive easy it has become a task that has lost its need for concentration. When I drive I pay attention to what I'm doing, I mean, it is kinda important to stay aware of my surroundings.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Driving skills, etiquette, and courtesy have gone to shit the last 40 years. We are living in the new “it’s all about me and fuck the rest of the people” world.
I drive exactly as mentioned, people think they own lanes once they are in them and will ride bumpers, speed up and slow down to not allow people to move. People on the i10 park in the left lane. So to move through traffic you have to be what some consider a “jackass”. I don’t think it’s the etiquette of the person thats trying to get through traffic, it’s the road whore that plugs up the hammer lanes

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Does anyone use the heads up display? I have it and checked it out the day I bought my vehicle and never used it again. Seems like a gimmick. Maybe need it on a fighter jet but the car?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I drive exactly as mentioned, people think they own lanes once they are in them and will ride bumpers, speed up and slow down to not allow people to move. People on the i10 park in the left lane. So to move through traffic you have to be what some consider a “jackass”. I don’t think it’s the etiquette of the person thats trying to get through traffic, it’s the road whore that plugs up the hammer lanes
I agree, it should be a little bit of give-and-take both ways but yes somebody being a lane hog should get a ticket as far as I’m concerned. If you don’t know how to get on the fucking freeway at speed you shouldn’t be driving at all.

73mandella

Reaction score

It looks like I offended you; I apologies if I did. That was not my intent. However, the freeway today at about 4:45pm must have been pack with about 99% road whores who were clogging up the hammer lanes for that one guy.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
It looks like I offended you; I apologies if I did. That was not my intent. However, the freeway today at about 4:45pm must have been pack with about 99% road whores who were clogging up the hammer lanes for that one guy.
Naw not offended, just my view of the conversation. Not the first time I’ve been called a jackass.

73mandella

Reaction score
Naw not offended, just my view of the conversation. Not the first time I’ve been called a jackass.

Once again, I apologies. I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

tunnel vision

Reaction score

WTF does Hands free mean to you? Put the fucking phone down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat 405

Reaction score
@Boat 405 Is this California? They recently changed the law on the points and traffic school. Now supposedly Traffic School doesnt remove the points it just removes the reporting to your insurance. Points now stay on the record. Or something to that effect. I took TS just before the law changed and I recall they mentioned it.
Yes CA, I dunno. They told me (the court) it removes the points if I do traffic school. So I did it. Online school took about an hour. No big deal

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
This is what I found. So it sounds like its mage for repeat offenders.

"violations that occur on or after July 1, 2021 will result in one point if within 36 months of a prior distracted driving offense."

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just got back from a driving trip to S. Dakota. You're not kidding, them fuks are all over the road. I attributed it to they couldn't see through the rags on their heads but you may be right about the phones!!! :D

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Shit. In the old days used to roll a joint while flipping over the Black Sabbath or Who’s Next. tape while driving. :p Then got a better job and bought the fancy auto reverse tape player so now could use free hand to pop off the Haffenreffer malt beer bottle cap. :p Didn’t need a phone to be distracted.
Well said Pris. I think Difference is we perform performed all these those tasks using our instinctive male muscle memory and we don’t didn’t have to take our eyes off the road whereas a using a phone is not part of male genome….

Ty N

Reaction score
I agree, it should be a little bit of give-and-take both ways but yes somebody being a lane hog should get a ticket as far as I’m concerned. If you don’t know how to get on the fucking freeway at speed you shouldn’t be driving at all.
In AZ hogging up the lanes is illegal, you will get a ticket, especially if in fast lane and being passed on the right!!

Taboma

Reaction score
Does anyone use the heads up display? I have it and checked it out the day I bought my vehicle and never used it again. Seems like a gimmick. Maybe need it on a fighter jet but the car?

I have it in my Camaro and absolutely dig it and only wished Ford had it in my Raptor.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
All my vehicles have phone systems "hands free" I'm constantly on my phone but the phone is in the console cradle , why handle the phone at all ?

530RL

Reaction score
Except my wife did that to our cars and i have to roll down the windows to back up ! Lol . Im better off growing hair and keeping my hands at 10 and 2 . Maybe i could register my vehicles in somebody elses name too ! Haha

In Arizona, registering your car in your wife's name and her car in your name is the standard way out of photo radar tickets. 🤫🤫🤫

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
In AZ hogging up the lanes is illegal, you will get a ticket, especially if in fast lane and being passed on the right!!
Well I go to Phoenix and Tucson frequently and have never seen it enforced, that’s why I have to pass people in the HOV lane in my 18 wheeler. After hours of course.😉

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
In Arizona, registering your car in your wife's name and her car in your name is the standard way out of photo radar tickets. 🤫🤫🤫
So basically you go to court and LIE to the judge? have a neighbor like that :eek:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So when the judge asks you , do you recognize the driver? and you say no (but it's yore wife) that is ok? wow

530RL

Reaction score
So when the judge asks you , do you recognize the driver? and you say no (but it's yore wife) that is ok? wow

LOL,

No, that would be lying........

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
WTF does Hands free mean to you? Put the fucking phone down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was not talking on it was the point ! No different then holding my wifes hand or a cup of coffee was the point !!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I was not talking on it was the point ! No different then holding my wifes hand or a cup of coffee was the point !!
I myself don’t quite get it, truck drivers have been talking on CB radios forever, there’s a time and a place for everything and the problem is people pick the damn wrong times to talk on the phone or look at their phone. Distracted driving is distracted driving no matter what you do even the hands-free speaking on the phone, you’re not concentrating on driving.

D19

Reaction score
I think people who cause an accident/ traffic jam should receive a fine. You get a fine if you do something that could cause an accident (speed, run red light, etc), but if you actually cause an accident, no ticket. Where's the logic in that?