WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cell phones on the lake

AEA

Reaction score
Are cell phones useable in the area from Callville to Temple Bar?

We will have a houseboat and are wondering if it will be possible to use a cell phone to talk to some people who will be joining us late.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Are cell phones useable in the area from Callville to Temple Bar?

We will have a houseboat and are wondering if it will be possible to use a cell phone to talk to some people who will be joining us late.

There is a tower in Temple Bar, but once you lose service going into the Narrows after you leave Callville, you won't get service until just outside Temple. Once in a while I get spotty reception in the Virgin Basin

Pelon

Reaction score
I boat out of Temple Bar. You can get cell service from Verizon only. Generally you get fairly decent service on the middle of the lake. When we are camping near the shore we usually have to take a hike up the hill to get a call out.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
x2 to what what PrimeCut & Pelon have said.

So if I'm reading between the lines here, it sounds like you're leaving out of Callville Bay in a rental houseboat and some others are going to be meeting up with you in another boat or houseboat?

I've posted this before, but download The NOAA Chart http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletChart/18687_BookletChart.pdf for Lake Mead, FYI the greater Temple Bar area o.k.a Temple Basin is page 26.

Since it's a pdf you can save it to your smart-phone or tablet. Also not a bad idea to print it out. Give a copy to your late arrivals and get a general game plan together of where you "Think" you'll be. Also send them the # of your rental house boat.

Cannot tell you how many times I've been sitting on the beach in once cover or another and had someone idle up asking if we've seen a particular boat, jet ski, houseboat, or if we knew where TB was :yikes

Lastly let us know the above information, as well as when (mm/dd/2015), so PC, Pelon, myself and a handfull of others can stop by for a beer :D

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I have AT&T , no service anywhere on the lake ...

Andy B.

Reaction score
I have t-mobile and get service from boulder harbor all the way to swallow. If I go to Sandy I have to climb the hill, no service thru narrows. Spotty on the Arizona side.