WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

center cavitation plate

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
So working on my 79 Eliminator 21 round keel and laying out center plate . I have seen a number of installs and I have one issue which is drain plug location that is going to dictate the height of the hinge. I am thinking that instead of overlapping them I can shorten the side plates by 3/4" and be able to have them basically but. Anybody ever do this?
IMG_6455.JPG
IMG_6455.JPG
IMG_6456.JPG
IMG_6457.JPG
thumbnail_20170702_212824_1502457719211_resized.jpg
SDC10541.jpg
E184A7ED-8F02-4AB0-BF22-034F13DE48F0.jpeg

rider68

Reaction score
To do it right would you want to remove that section of floor going forward and fiberglass in a new bottom with a blast plate. I would think its shape would be like a long triangle. I dont know just talking out loud. Even with the center plate aren't you still riding on a round keel? Or does the flat plate cause the boat to balance out and not roll.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Did the boat have plates before? Just seems kind of odd to me on a round bottom boat. 🤔

bocco

Reaction score
I had an 81 with the same setup. It only did 60 mph but at close to 60 it would start to roll to the left. Lifting the pedal was the only option. I tried a lot of adjusting with plates but had no luck.

There was lots of discussion about these boats on performanceboats.com years ago. A guy that went by InsaneInjun loked to have it figured out but he seemed to drop off the boards before reporting final results. If he had been successful for sure I might have followed his lead and kept mine.

The center plate is the first step for sure. Moving the water pickups back to the cav plates was next. They used big water scoops on these boats.

On my boat the prop was close to the bottom of the hull and it really should have had a blast plate. but now we start talking about flipping the hull over.

I think one of the problems also was tail lift. Higher pitch props with big ears seemed to cause this. Another suggestion was taller gears and lower pitch prop. Getting pricey at this point and this is where I decided to move on.

I think the guy from Jet Boat Performance had one of these with V-drive and big power. He didn't seem to have a problem.

bocco

Reaction score
Found the threads. Here's the links. Lots of questions and lots of opinions. Note that a four blade prop was mentioned as a solution.

Happy reading.