WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ceramic Coating

whipped509

Reaction score
For those that have done ceramic coating on their vehicles what are your thoughts? I bought a new truck that is a dark color and will sit outside. I am anal about my stuff but I am getting older and I am getting tired of the time it takes to maintain my stuff. Is ceramic coating worth it? Does it help maintain shine and resist swirl marks if maintained correctly?
I will be in Havasu all next week. Who are the go to shops to get this done? Thanks in advance for comments.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Do it immediately!

Coat it, buy a foam gun (cheap on amazon) good soap, and a good mit...... WAY easier to keep them nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Do it immediately!

Coat it, buy a foam gun (cheap on amazon) good soap, and a good mit...... WAY easier to keep them nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This X’s 10. Washing the Excursion is a piece of cake...and saves me $50 for a hand wash at the local car wash. It won’t fit in the auto wash.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Detail Specialties just did our boat, picked it up May 10th. They did a amazing job, we will be in Havasu in September for our vacation and they will do my 07 Chevy HD.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I think I might have truck done (?) soon.

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Had my truck done about 6 months ago and still looks great. Had Detail doc do it.
B05AD99A-0D62-4697-B33A-D95F3F2B91A5.jpeg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've had everyone of my vehicles ceramic coated and will have al future vehicles done. Best money spent on a new vehicle.

PlanB

Reaction score
Working well on our black boat. Worth the cost.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
For those that have done ceramic coating on their vehicles what are your thoughts? I bought a new truck that is a dark color and will sit outside. I am anal about my stuff but I am getting older and I am getting tired of the time it takes to maintain my stuff. Is ceramic coating worth it? Does it help maintain shine and resist swirl marks if maintained correctly?
I will be in Havasu all next week. Who are the go to shops to get this done? Thanks in advance for comments.
Let me know if you would like it done. Just PM me, schedule is very busy but I will see what I can do. Thanks Randy

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
IMG_4990.jpg

I had my wheels done before they were put on the Tahoe. Detail guy said it should last a few years or more with proper care. Hoping to get the paint done this summer. I’ve heard that coated vehicles tend to stay cleaner too, any truth to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E4L

Reaction score
Had my Ram done a few weeks ago. I did the 5 year he said no more car washes for me has to be all hand now. Waterless car wash is what he recommended and a eco friendly one. Plus I have to buy wipe down stuff from shine supply. The truck looks and feels amazing
IMG_5690.jpg
IMG_5691.jpg
IMG_5711.jpg
IMG_5692.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’m going to have my boat done. I was contemplating having the engine and cav plates done too. Is this a bad idea? Will it dull the polished aluminum? The plates are polished stainless, not that big of a deal to keep nice. The aluminum on the other hand is a bitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the F11? It seems it is a do it yourself ceramic type coating.

Flynryan

Reaction score
I just did my boat myself about 2 weeks ago. Washed it, polished, took denatured alcohol to the entire boat then applied the ceramic coating I bought from amazon. I had the boat out last week and when wiping it down at the end of the day it was a breeze. I have a lot of purple on the back so it gets bad water spots but not anymore. Its not hard to do yourself. The main thing is the prep and making the gel look perfect before adding the ceramic coating.
IMG_6056.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Friend had his done a year ago, it doesn’t work anymore, water spots won’t come off now without using a cleaner. He’s contracting the shop about a redo. He followed all of the instructions and liked it while it lasted.

Flynryan

Reaction score
I did 2 of my cars myself also and I can admit that it lasts for a few months then begins to not work as well. I used it on the rims of our tahoe because of the heavy brake dust and it worked great. I could just hose them off. I follow the cars up occasionally with hydrosilex and I really like it. You will hear negative and positive reviews about it but I like it.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I did 2 of my cars myself also and I can admit that it lasts for a few months then begins to not work as well. I used it on the rims of our tahoe because of the heavy brake dust and it worked great. I could just hose them off. I follow the cars up occasionally with hydrosilex and I really like it. You will hear negative and positive reviews about it but I like it.
Well we use only IGL products with 2 year warranty on marine and 4 year on autos. IGL does not sell to consumers.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Im sure the products you detailers use is better than what we consumers can buy on Amazon. I just hate paying someone to do something I can do myself even if I have to redo it a couple of times. I actually enjoy washing, waxing, detailing my cars and boat. Im the only idiot in my neighborhood that washes his cars every weekend.

Emac

Reaction score
Had my truck done about 4 months ago. Will definitely be doing any future cars. Way easier to wash and maintain. Leaf blower after washing and then a quick wipe down with micro fiber after that. Usually only need to use a dry wash as said above.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
3 1/2 days in the water. The water line gunk was easy to wipe off...even with my left hand. Lol

This is under the swim step with a towel that has water on it.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Boat is currently in the slip. Had it coated back in December. It was so windy yesterday so we didn’t wipe what wasn’t in the water down when we put it back in the slip. After we took it out today and got it back in the slip- I took a small towel and got it wet with some bottled water. It all wiped off. No lines yet on the boat after 4 days in the water. This is on a black boat that water spots were so hard to take off before. Detail specialities is going to pick it up Monday to clean it up, but we are all really happy with how well it’s holding up.

WYRD

Reaction score
Any recommendations for an inland empire installer?

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
want to do my sons new car, does anyone know who does it in the Riverside area

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I did the 'Ceramic Spray Wax' myself . . . (not the proper ceramic 'coating') on my 2006 truck , but I'm super happy.
I washed my truck really good, then clay'd it . . . put it in the shade and used 'Griot's Garage 3 in 1 'Ceramic Spray Wax'.
Super easy, and a very little goes a long way. I did a 2nd coat the following morning per instructions.
Now when I wash it, I spray a tiny bit of 'Griots Garage Ceramic Speed Shine' as I dry with a microfiber towel to maintain it.
I kid around with people and tell them, "A Fly Couldn't Land On It". :D
Kidding aside, I'm VERY happy with the results and I did it just over 6 months ago.
That being said, I'd have to imagine the 'Real' ceramic coating professionally applied would be even that much better.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Anything NOT to do to it after it has been done?

Just had my boat done by Travis with Shine Addiction last week. He did a polish then ceramic coated it. Came out great. The ceramic coat will not make it shine, it will keep the shine. He told me with proper care it would last 4 years. He said the product he used were around $400. Not sure what products though.

He did tell me not to use Hot Sauce cleaner as it is so good it will take the ceramic coat off.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Just had my boat done by Travis with Shine Addiction last week. He did a polish then ceramic coated it. Came out great. The ceramic coat will not make it shine, it will keep the shine. He told me with proper care it would last 4 years. He said the product he used were around $400. Not sure what products though.

He did tell me not to use Hot Sauce cleaner as it is so good it will take the ceramic coat off.
Yea that’s what I’m talking about. My boat was just done before I bought it. Just want to know what NOT to use on it

KoolPop

Reaction score
My next door neighbor decided it was a good idea to paint the hood of his truck in the driveway. He over sprayed my pick up that was parked in my driveway. If it wasn't for ceramic oat it would have been a disaster. It all came of with just a good wash job. Thanks to Detail Specialties!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My next door neighbor decided it was a good idea to paint the hood of his truck in the driveway. He over sprayed my pick up that was parked in my driveway. If it wasn't for ceramic oat it would have been a disaster. It all came of with just a good wash job. Thanks to Detail Specialties!
Detail Specialties and Bob Moses Ceramic are the two significant places in Havasu, both are across the street from each other on Aviation.