WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ceramic topcoat?

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
I am going to be buffing out the gel on our new Force. The crappy cover that came with it has left very light scuff marks all over. I’ll be using the Porter Cable DA polisher, along with Performance Boat Candy’s Crystal polish. I am looking into the ceramic top coat sealing, but don’t know what I should use. What do you guys prefer? I saw Chemical Guys has “Extreme topcoat sealant with carnuba”, or their “boat polish+sealant” one step deal. So, what’s your pleasure?

Last edited:

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
I think I am going to use either F11 topcoat or Shine Armor not sure yet

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Watching..

seriously considering doing same.. would love to have Steak & Lobster do it but not geographically desirable

Zhammy3

Reaction score
Gtechnique crystal serum light or exo. both excellent and easy to use, CSL is longer lasting, exo is more hydrophobic. Do wipedowns with carpro reload.

TCHB

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of products coming out. How do you know it is still protecting against UV??????

CobraDave

Reaction score
FYI be prepared to step up to their compound. The polish isn’t very abrasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
FYI be prepared to step up to their compound. The polish isn’t very abrasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my polish job a few weeks ago. It came out good, but not as good as I want it. The polish isn’t very strong at all. Over the winter I may do the compound, then polish, then a heavy dose of carnuba.

50EBC30E-CE95-4DFB-BAAB-93B6B4EFCA48.jpeg

YZFRider

Reaction score
Pads are important to. Make sure you are using 100% twisted wool to match the aggressive compound. Then finish with an cutting foam or microfiber pad.