WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ceramic window tint on windshield, anyone?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im on my way to get this done today. It wont be darker. Basically clear. Blocks out 80% of the heat ive read.

Anyone done this, you would think we all would for the desert

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ve been running 70% ceramic for the last few months.

Great at knocking down the heat and it’s just dark enough that I can drive without sunglasses when the sun is not in direct sight.

Has not effected nighttime driving at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Have it on the F350 - best thing I did!

Reactions: DWC

82daytona

Reaction score
My only complaint is with polarized glasses things look a little different. I’ve always done the lightest shade whatever that is.

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
I have done the all the glass on my F 350. Including the panoramic roof and windshield. It really dramatically cuts down on the heat. Really big difference at the end of the day. Can hop right in and sit down without burning your legs. I have black interior. Good money spent in my option.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wifes suv was getting front tint today. Skipped the windshield on hers.
My truck will get it in few weeks
F150 is $200 in vista. 5% ceramic they called it. Slight slight tint

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Wifes suv was getting front tint today. Skipped the windshield on hers.
My truck will get it in few weeks
F150 is $200 in vista. 5% ceramic they called it. Slight slight tint

Send me the contact info if you would? I want to do it on the truck too.. they wanted $350 up here.. F that.

Side windows were $125.

adam909

Reaction score
I installed it on my trucks windshield... I don't really see a big difference in temps.. I did notice that after I got it on there is a slight difference in clarity with it on..

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I had it done, about a month later, rock took out my windshield. Didn’t spend the money the second time.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Yup I did it too. Look for quality not cost if you can. mine was around $600 for all ceramic all over. My black leather interior is cooler than my wife’s cloth Altima. It does make a difference at the lake.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Depends...

If you get the 3M stuff like I did, it's freaking expensive and not too many shops carry it.

Other brands are considerably cheaper, but like always, you get what you pay for.

Mine is about 8 years old now. It needs to be replaced. Lights have the star effect at night. Too many micro scratches I guess. It's fine during the day still.

airchair.rider

Reaction score
I have it on my Silverado and love it. A side benefit is the widows don't get the hazy film from the outgassing of the plastic.

hallett21

Reaction score
Is this different than window tint?

Yea. It cuts the heat without needed to go darker.

Meaning you can install something that’s almost clear but will cut the heat. Vs going limo tint to fight the heat.

I did ceramic 75% on the windshield and 45% on the other 7 windows. Love it because you can’t see into the truck but is still drivable at night.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea. It cuts the heat without needed to go darker.

Meaning you can install something that’s almost clear but will cut the heat. Vs going limo tint to fight the heat.

I did ceramic 75% on the windshield and 45% on the other 7 windows. Love it because you can’t see into the truck but is still drivable at night.

I was going to get some window tinting done.. So the new cool deal is “ceramic” tint? Is it made by llumar or ??

sml

Reaction score
I was going to get some window tinting done.. So the new cool deal is “ceramic” tint? Is it made by llumar or ??

Rd ask for 3m crystalline, it is nothing “new” and it has been around awhile. It is expensive but worth it. Getting just your windshield done helps with the heat building up on your dash but to get the full effect of the product you should get it on all of the glass.

I have experience with a few other companies version and although cheaper it is not as effective.