WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cessna TTX

GMD

Reaction score
Anyone here flown or own a Cessna TTX?
Got a few questions.

rrrr

Reaction score
I have flown a Columbia 400 but it was several years ago. I don't think I would be much help. The TTX is a really nice aircraft, it's too bad Textron/Cessna orphaned it.

GMD

Reaction score
I have flown a Columbia 400 but it was several years ago. I don't think I would be much help. The TTX is a really nice aircraft, it's too bad Textron/Cessna orphaned

I do know the 350,400 and TTX are the same airframe.
I think the difference is the engine on the 350.
the 400 is just the older model of the TTX.

So what did you think of it?

530RL

Reaction score
I have a little time in a TTX but more in an SR22T

The TTX is a great aircraft but the market thinks the Cirrus is much better as it outsold the TTX by multiples even though the Cirrus was more expensive.

Just an opinion but the TTX has better avionics in a straight model year to model year comparison, is a tiny bit faster and is a little easier to fly. The Cirrus is better if you are tall, it has more useful load if similarly equipped, and is a little roomier and comfortable.

TTX’s are typically cheaper resale and have a thin market. But what helps you when you buy, hurts you when you sell. I wouldn’t be afraid to own a TTX unless I was taking 4 most times or the wife insisted upon CAPS.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I have a little time in a TTX but more in an SR22T

The TTX is a great aircraft but the market thinks the Cirrus is much better as it outsold the TTX by multiples even though the Cirrus was more expensive.

Just an opinion but the TTX has better avionics in a straight model year to model year comparison, is a tiny bit faster and is a little easier to fly. The Cirrus is better if you are tall, it has more useful load if similarly equipped, and is a little roomier and comfortable.

TTX’s are typically cheaper resale and have a thin market. But what helps you when you buy, hurts you when you sell. I wouldn’t be afraid to own a TTX unless I was taking 4 most times or the wife insisted upon CAPS.
I agree with everything. I’ve got about five hours in the TTX. Absolutely love the airplane. Really love the speed breaks. But I’m 6 foot four and I don’t fit. If you’re under 6 foot you’re good. And yes the entire cabin is just tighter than the Cirrus. Also the fit and finish that Columbia originally designed and Cessna took over is so nice! The leather. All the panels fit together so much better than the equal model year SR 22.

However my SR22T gives me everything I need along with the space. And better resale Than the TTX because they’re still being built. It’s a shame Cessna let the TTX model go.