WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Champion v drive rebuild

braindead

Reaction score
anyone ever rebuild there own v drive?
any backlash need to be set or am I overthinking it?

Mines starting to whine more so than before and can't find much info on the internet to make me confident enough to tear it apart.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I had a Whining Casale box, like most of them, and I put Power punch in it to reduce the whine.
My Ace Champions is Quite, no whine at all.
Can't hell you with any rebuilt info, but Bergeron's can help you
Address: 1559 N Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
480) 834-1531

Phone: (480) 834-1531

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Yes Power Punch did reduce the whine, but a Champion should be quite.
Ya always can tell when a Casale is Cruising by

jmeads

Reaction score
anyone ever rebuild there own v drive?
any backlash need to be set or am I overthinking it?

Mines starting to whine more so than before and can't find much info on the internet to make me confident enough to tear it apart.
I just went through this whole process you are undertaking. Changed gears from 15 % to 4 %. new bearings, seals etc.... When I first but the gears and case on, the shafts would barley turn over by hand. ( To tight and not enough lash ) Called and spoke to a guy that use to rebuild them. He said you want the gears to just rock back and forth. Like a knock, knock sound. Sure enough that was all I needed to do and all is good. I went with the red line oil as suggested but after I thought about it gear oil would have been fine. That is how is was deigned to have back in the day.

braindead

Reaction score
I had a Whining Casale box, like most of them, and I put Power punch in it to reduce the whine.
My Ace Champions is Quite, no whine at all.
Can't hell you with any rebuilt info, but Bergeron's can help you
Address: 1559 N Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
480) 834-1531

Phone: (480) 834-1531

Quiet was the way mine used to be, until this year.
I looked into bergerons website but saw no mention of champion gear boxes, but I'll give them a call on Monday.

Thanks

braindead

Reaction score
I just went through this whole process you are undertaking. Changed gears from 15 % to 4 %. new bearings, seals etc.... When I first but the gears and case on, the shafts would barley turn over by hand. ( To tight and not enough lash ) Called and spoke to a guy that use to rebuild them. He said you want the gears to just rock back and forth. Like a knock, knock sound. Sure enough that was all I needed to do and all is good. I went with the red line oil as suggested but after I thought about it gear oil would have been fine. That is how is was deigned to have back in the day.

That's what I was looking for!

Thanks for the tip, guess I know what I'm doing next month.

acehome

Reaction score
That's what I was looking for!

Thanks for the tip, guess I know what I'm doing next month.

Do you still have the 15% gears? in good shape? would you be willing to sell them?
925 408-6756 Lance

acehome

Reaction score
where did you get your [arts? specifically the seals.

braindead

Reaction score
where did you get your [arts? specifically the seals.

I didn't change my gears, that was the other guy who posted.
I got my parts from Burgeron Engineering in Arizona, give em a call and tell them what u need. The only seals are on the input and output shafts, the case uses a non hardening, non silicon based sealant, I spoke with a rep at permatex and he recommended what I should use.