WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Changing Havasu channel demographics / use

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If I had launched my boat today , I don’t think I would have found a parking spot . I know the channel has mooring rings , should the easy-ups be positioned further up the beach to allow parking ?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Yeah got to get up pretty dammed early in the morning to get a spot in the channel.😊🤷‍♀️

bentprops

Reaction score
Its a boat parking spot not a swiming beach. They have areas for this that dont allow boats. Now if you have a boat as well i maybe.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Nice to see the boaters leaving some spots for those with less resources. 😁

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t know early bird gets the worm….

and you see a lot of people swimming with their boat parked so doesn’t appear to be one OR the other

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
July 3rd...I launched at 3am....my friends launched 20 min before...we were one of the first to launch at Windsor....we wound up 15+ slots down from our friends... The god damn pop up tent people are a cancer. Don't they have their own section at the end... It was ridiculous...this asshole from CO had 5 slots blocked..and didn't show up till the afternoon while leaving untied ski's to bump my boat. Fuck these guys....the city aka CAL needs to start throwing all their encampments in the dumpster....the channel(actually entire lake) Is long changed...but we are considering hard selling our house post remodel. Lake Chelan, Flathead and some others have caught my eye...especially once we make the eventual move to MT.

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
Can't see the video :(

PlanB

Reaction score
The COVID boat ban added to the EZ-UP crowd. If you follow local social media in Havasu you will see locals crying about boats taking up spots in the channel. They think if you have a boat you have money and should leave the channel to the locals that can't afford boats. I don't think the channel will ever go back to what it used to be.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Go somewhere other than the channel.

Or if someone isn’t there, move their shit to the sidewalk, and be ready for a fight.

These are pretty much the choices until a law is made that says the channel beach space is only for boats, which is never gonna happen.

If you are that concerned and must go to the channel, stake your own claim with your EZ up and roll up with your boat later.

PlanB

Reaction score
3:00am to sit in the sun for 10hrs? cant stand an hour with the shit shows, dont think the locals are setting up any pop ups, smart enough to stay away!

There are definitely locals setting them up, just not the locals that own boats (for the most part).

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Was listening to one song being played way louder than anyone else , the lyrics were : White Ni**er through the whole song over and over …why ?

FishSniper

Reaction score
My current boat that I’ve had for 6 seasons has been beached in the channel once and that was only because we met family there that due to back problems can’t go out and this was on a weekday. You couldn’t pay me to be in the channel on any weekend no less a holiday weekend.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
My current boat that I’ve had for 6 seasons has been beached in the channel once and that was only because we met family there that due to back problems can’t go out and this was on a weekday. You couldn’t pay me to be in the channel on any weekend no less a holiday weekend.
it's usually guests that want to go...I prefer to either run up river or south lake. I've long been over the channel.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
it's usually guests that want to go...I prefer to either run up river or south lake. I've long been over the channel.

They are yore guests. Tell them their ideas are stupid and they will get shot in the face with pee water from water canons if they go to the channel.

That should be enough to change their mind.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

LAPII

Reaction score

gqchris

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the only reason dudes want to hang out in the Channel is to look at ass. There is no other logical reason to subject ones self to that on a holiday weekend.

Money or Pussy motivates people. Follow that and the answer is always right in front of you!

azsunfun

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the only reason dudes want to hang out in the Channel is to look at ass. There is no other logical reason to subject ones self to that on a holiday weekend.

Money or Pussy motivates people. Follow that and the answer is always right in front of you!
not sure if you noticed dong to chick ass ratio 5 in 1

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
RDP in a nutshell...

gran-torino-gran.gif

TCHB

Reaction score
I never understood driving 300 miles in traffic, get the boat ready, launch, drive it 300 yards and now park it 2-3ft from next boat. Now you have music so high it is damaging the kids hearing. You sit there for 10 hours now back to the ramp to fight the crowds. Do it all again next day.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I never understood driving 300 miles in traffic, get the boat ready, launch, drive it 300 yards and now park it 2-3ft from next boat. Now you have music so high it is damaging the kids hearing. You sit there for 10 hours now back to the ramp to fight the crowds. Do it all again next day.
All of that to sit in a sea of Pee.😂

EarpRider

Reaction score
July 3rd...I launched at 3am....my friends launched 20 min before...we were one of the first to launch at Windsor....we wound up 15+ slots down from our friends... The god damn pop up tent people are a cancer. Don't they have their own section at the end... It was ridiculous...this asshole from CO had 5 slots blocked..and didn't show up till the afternoon while leaving untied ski's to bump my boat. Fuck these guys....the city aka CAL needs to start throwing all their encampments in the dumpster....the channel Is long changed...but we are considering hard selling our house post remodel. Lake Chelan, Flathead and some others have caught my eye...especially once we make the eventual move to MT.
Your going to sell your Havasu house because of Ez-Ups in The Channel??? That's hysterical!😅🤣

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Still plays as an mp4 audio file.

Stupid iphones
Yeah, them stupid iPhones. I never saw any either til someone posted instructions on how to spend 5minutes fudging around your phone to see a 10second vid.
I basically don't see any of those posted "videos" that aren't videos unless I'm desperate and go through the download process.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Your going to sell your Havasu house because of Ez-Ups in The Channel??? That's hysterical!😅🤣

There is a multitude of factors...im tempted to cash out while it's high. Has really nothing to do with the channel. I should have worded it has the lake has changed. Pretty much any weekend is an asscrack of dawn launch..and im kinda over that...plus the travel to get there lol

Last edited:

guest hs

Reaction score
This shit irritates me. I use to be a die hard holiday weekend guy. I guess I’m getting old now so my boats just sit in the garage the big weekends and avoid the shit show. I won’t let my son go out either in his boat way to dangerous.

hallett21

Reaction score
Time to kill the reeds at the sand bar and bring it back! Can’t get there without a boat, problem solved…

10 gallons of gas will go a long ways [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calkid

Reaction score
Pretty much why we bought a tri-toon 3 years ago. We don't have to search for a beach, just toss the anchor along any shore line and instant private dock.
Been visiting Havasu since 1972 and been a home owner here for about 20 years but never understood the desire to soak in piss. Guess I just don't understand.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Drove by the Marina about an hour ago and it was dead everyone must be hungover and launching later. Channel looked pretty packed though.

Mike K

Reaction score
The City Council is to blame.
They need to make up their mind if the channel is for boat parking or for EZ-Up /Party Barge parking.
Once that decision is made and most importantly the “Cops” enforce whatever that decision is then we can all deal with it .
Whats making everyone mad is … we all know it’s for boat parking cuz of the rings in the bulkhead wall.
The City Council needs to get off their ass and deal with it.
What will probably happen is someone is going to go off and someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed … then of course … the entire channel will be off limits.
Probably easier to be clear about what the channel was intended for now … than dealing with the more negative down the road.
Its the City Council’s issue .

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This shits been going on for years, long before the seawall and the “rings” were put in, back in the old days people just seemed friendlier and would let a boat squeeze in, now everybody’s a property Barron.

I guess it boils down to, if you don’t like it go elsewhere or get to the channel first. 😊

This message brought to you by the Lake Havasu City Tourism Committee.😂

pixrthis

Reaction score
Why complain about anyone hanging in the channel if you have a boat? If you don’t like the crowd go somewhere else, it’s that simple unless less the point is to bitch about something.

HBCraig

Reaction score

I go to the far end of the channel on the north side. Get one of the few small sandy beaches on the left side. I honestly like looking at the boats and goofy ass people

Last edited: