WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel boat explosion video.....why I hate lake lice.

Havasteve

Reaction score
You can see the engine hatch go up to the third level balcony. Bad deal for the ones sitting in the back of the boat.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Hey look a boat just blew up....now back to doing gay flips on a jet ski.:thumbsdown

That was kind of my first impression too. But honestly the guy is in the middle of a competition and had no clue. The announcers took a whole half second to recognize the explosion and kept right on narrating the tricks. Reminds me of the commercial on the golf course with the water hazard giant Octopuss and the announcers are commenting on not having enough club for the sitation.:D

milkmoney

Reaction score
That makes you hate lake lice ? Wow. U keep amazing me with ur choice of words.

So tell me if you were sitting in the audience watching a paddle board event ( what u like ) and on the other side of the cove the same thing happen. Please tell me what you would of done. ?

FrznJim

Reaction score
Yeah, what's with those paddler boarders anyway? Why are they always shaking their paddles at me, when I cruise past them? I try to wave, or is that make a wave, IDK. Don't they use those things in the ocean?:thumbup:

riverroyal

Reaction score
back flip guy had no idea, you cant hear of see doing what he is doing. Announcer prob didn't know what to say or do, so just keep announcing, no big deal I don't think.
Lake Lice, ehhhh,,,ok. Looks like there was a guy attempting to put out the fire with roost. Not sure how that worked but the effort was there! Good for him. That lice was some ones best friend for that moment, so lets not call him lice. Maybe he helped someone from being burned. Possible hero, not stereotyped.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

So tell me if you were sitting in the audience watching a paddle board event ( what u like ) and on the other side of the cove the same thing happen. Please tell me what you would of done. ?
Grads woulda jumped on his paddle board and hauled ass over there to help!

Of course he woulda got there too late, but it's the thought that counts. [emoji106]

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Pretty shitty thread considering there was people hurt, two of which were kids. And the jet ski was there to help extinguish a fire.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not really sure what you expected to happen.. If the had stopped the show everyone would have freaked out. Best thing to do is keep all the people that have nothing to do with the situation distracted.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I wasn't there nor really know how this show was going or what not but I really think they shoulda stopped it when they realized what had happened. Any other event in the U.S. would stop the show, get the medics over there ASAP and make sure everyone is attended to and safe before continuing with a show. Very poor tastes by the organizers in my opinion.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I still stand by what I said. I'm sure the gay lake lice festival had to have rescue personnel on scene to get a permit for their show. Why would the announcer not stop the show immediately and ask all rescue people to go to the boat that had just exploded?:headscratch:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I still stand by what I said. I'm sure the gay lake lice festival had to have rescue personnel on scene to get a permit for their show. Why would the announcer not stop the show immediately and ask all rescue people to go to the boat that had just exploded?:headscratch:
From one article I read, half of what you said did happen...

First responsers for the show were the first on the scene.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This is actually a very typical response to an emergency event in a crowded area. It takes people a while to realize something has occured, people's senses are overloaded with surrounding noise, crowds, excitement, entertainment...an alcohol of course.

Then there is the 80/20 rule in effect ALWAYS - Would you or I have instantly recognized the situation? YES. Would the other 8 idiots around us? Nope!

80/20 in full effect worldwide at all times :D

riverroyal

Reaction score
I competed in that gay event for 10 years, made a living off it, started a family off it. A freestyle exhibition has nothing to do with what happened. NOTHING, what would stopping it do? how would that have helped? Did the exhibition stop after that one guy was done? did this one lake lice cause the blower switch to fail? If it was part of the world finals, if this was where they held the actual contest then that back flip guy was done in 30 seconds. If it was just for show Id be willing to bet when his time was up the assessed the situation to see if it should be finished.

It appears help arrived very very fast. You can see flashing lights quick, Meaning the sheriff was already in the channel right there working boat traffic control. The IJSBA had a permit for this, meaning the cops and rescue were already there. For that matter medical assistance was there faster than had there been NO back flip guy at all.
One video on you tube and kill the jet ski guys,,,,is it winter already?

I own a boat, PWC riders piss me off just like everyone else. But I also believe its good for the city. There are many more issues with Pwc rentals in the town than a channel event like this.

I don't think good taste or bad tastes has anything to do with this. A DCB flipped during a 'non' race event, they didn't cancel the race did they?

Hating lake lice is one thing, I get it. But this is the wrong example to use.

Kids are hurt, terrible accident no matter why it happened, so lets focus on a jet ski 100 yards away...RD's never let s me down.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think the victims were LUCKY this happened when and where it did. As noted, at least first responders were nearby because of the show. Imagine this happened at the sandbar..or worse some random cove.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Watch the video again. Rescue boat from the show was first on scene seconds after it happened. I am not sure what point you are trying to make besides trying to talk crap about a festival that brings a lot of business to the town.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Again grads makes a statement and uses poor choice of words and doesn't engage in conversation or answer ?'s that are asked of him. At least stand up for what you type and respond.

You know Greg , I have jus rode the fence on ur online personality , although you have pushed me to the side of most.

I would think you being from nor cal u wouldn't have the so cal or Texas attitude [emoji202]

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
See what happens when you post negative comments based on 1:58 minutes of video instead of actual facts?
Aside from the fact the video had been posted already a day ago with plenty of discussion.

oldschool

Reaction score
See what happens when you post negative comments based on 1:58 minutes of video instead of actual facts?
Aside from the fact the video had been posted already a day ago with plenty of discussion.

please reference my last post. By the way, morons are impervious to logic.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I often wondered why Grads got banned so much or why people weren't fond of him, but now I get it.
He has plenty of good posts with interesting photos and all that relates to boating. It seems his "trying to be sarcastic/funny" posts come off wrong and turn left quick.
Grain of salt does it for me.[emoji4]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
He has plenty of good posts with interesting photos and all that relates to boating. It seems his "trying to be sarcastic/funny" posts come off wrong and turn left quick.

I like grads [emoji3]

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Again grads makes a statement and uses poor choice of words and doesn't engage in conversation or answer ?'s that are asked of him. At least stand up for what you type and respond.

You know Greg , I have jus rode the fence on ur online personality , although you have pushed me to the side of most.

I would think you being from nor cal u wouldn't have the so cal or Texas attitude [emoji202]

Easy on us SoCal guys... :D

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

Paddle board event? Such an event exists? I know that the gays march / ride floats in SF every year, but are they paddle boarding in large groups now as well? :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Paddle board event? Such an event exists? I know that the gays march / ride floats in SF every year, but are they paddle boarding in large groups now as well? :D

Hell if I know Dennis. Jus another ? That ol grads won't answer. [emoji12][emoji202]

RPVMom

Reaction score
Pretty shitty thread considering there was people hurt, two of which were kids. And the jet ski was there to help extinguish a fire.

This was a serious accident, a lot of people were injured, including children. Okay so call me old fashioned, but I ALWAYS MAKE SURE that my husband / sons/ whoever I am boating with....not only turns on the blower but LIFTS THE HATCH before starting the boat! I am sincerely sorry and sad for the victims of this incident.....we all take stuff for granted I think. PLEASE! Before you start your boat, turn the blower on! It's just common sense!

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I competed in that gay event for 10 years, made a living off it, started a family off it. A freestyle exhibition has nothing to do with what happened. NOTHING, what would stopping it do? how would that have helped? Did the exhibition stop after that one guy was done? did this one lake lice cause the blower switch to fail? If it was part of the world finals, if this was where they held the actual contest then that back flip guy was done in 30 seconds. If it was just for show Id be willing to bet when his time was up the assessed the situation to see if it should be finished.

It appears help arrived very very fast. You can see flashing lights quick, Meaning the sheriff was already in the channel right there working boat traffic control. The IJSBA had a permit for this, meaning the cops and rescue were already there. For that matter medical assistance was there faster than had there been NO back flip guy at all.
One video on you tube and kill the jet ski guys,,,,is it winter already?

I own a boat, PWC riders piss me off just like everyone else. But I also believe its good for the city. There are many more issues with Pwc rentals in the town than a channel event like this.

I don't think good taste or bad tastes has anything to do with this. A DCB flipped during a 'non' race event, they didn't cancel the race did they?

Hating lake lice is one thing, I get it. But this is the wrong example to use.

Kids are hurt, terrible accident no matter why it happened, so lets focus on a jet ski 100 yards away...RD's never let s me down.

I too made a great living back in the day "Wailin' Wayne Aquino" #788. And everything said above I agree with but the boat that pulled up with the Flashing Light was "SeaTow" not the Popo. Sad deal with what happen. With that all said I'm joking at this part. Can anyone account for where Shintoooo was at the time of this, And is anyone will to say WHAT KINDA BOAT IT WAS? :rolleyes
Prayers go out to all involved!!!!:(

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score

Really?? :rolleyes

El Rojo

Reaction score
alot of guys on here take things waaaaaay too personal...