WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel Bumper Boats

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ll take it a step further. My boat, it isn’t just me that is dry but everyone else is too. No exceptions to alcohol on the boat, but my passengers are free to drink when they get off or go to lunch with me and drink there.

I’m descended from alcoholics so while I’m sure it’s a bit harsh, I don’t think alcohol and fun mix with anything that has a motor.

Now if I’m on someone else’s boat, they and the other passengers can drink like fish if they want to. I just won’t be comfortable with it.

The other half of my family start the light beer drinking at like 10am and drink all day while we are out on Mohave. I’ll only drink when I get back to the hotel, but I’ll still have fun on the lake.

And since I’m at it, no cigarette smoking on my boat either. Do it elsewhere. I had an unknowing chick hold her cigarette once right next to the tank vent. Miracle we are all around to tell the tale.

I have the good fortune of only ever boating alone.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I have the good fortune of only ever boating alone.
Really? i think boating is more fun with at least a small group of grateful friends or family. Plus you can guilt them into helping with boat cleanup or trailer duty.

Though I will agree sometimes the solitude is a nice break. I normally like to take the boat out, toss the anchor and just float. Listen to other boats or the water against the hull and I’m a nap away from accidental lobster tan.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Really? i think boating is more fun with at least a small group of grateful friends or family. Plus you can guilt them into helping with boat cleanup or trailer duty.

Though I will agree sometimes the solitude is a nice break. I normally like to take the boat out, toss the anchor and just float. Listen to other boats or the water against the hull and I’m a nap away from accidental lobster tan.

My boat is small, and everyone starts screaming to slow down all the time.
No one needs that shit.

SnoC653

Reaction score
100% oui fault no matter what happened.. lol. That sure absolves a lot of responsibility..

Our society is big on removing responsibility in modern times and placing the blame on a villain, even if sometimes the villain didn’t do anything but sit there.. sad state of affairs.

Responsibility should ALWAYS fall on those responsible.. it absolutely matters “what happened” in every scenario.
It should absolutely matter what happened. Some foreign countries used to always cite the American tourist as responsible. After all, had they not been there, the accident couldn’t have happened. And blaming alcohol is the same thing. Just because you’re _____________, shouldn’t mean you’re automatically at fault.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It should absolutely matter what happened. Some foreign countries used to always cite the American tourist as responsible. After all, had they not been there, the accident couldn’t have happened. And blaming alcohol is the same thing. Just because you’re _____________, shouldn’t mean you’re automatically at fault.

It’s not a criminal offense to be in another country.
It is however a criminal offense to drive intoxicated.
So there is a slight difference.

Hey don’t take my word for it, Go find out for yourself

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
It really isn’t a “modern times” paradigm.
Or a “society” searching a villain.
Since 1980 (MADD is formed) cities and states have recognized that DUI, DWI, OUI is a tremendous revenue stream. This is because impairment is a real thing, and the efforts of crusaders have pushed it to the top of revenue generation. Frankly, Joe drinking public makes it easy.

Hey, I’m not preaching here, I got my DWI in the absolute worst place in the country at the absolute worst time. The year 2000 in Anchorage, home of the most stringent DWI laws in the nation at that time. I got the bare minimums and it still cost me at least $20K and 3 days in jail.

It isn’t a witch hunt, it’s a real thing…regardless if any of us here believe otherwise.
It doesn’t take a big search to uncover the facts that make it so easy to blame drunk or impaired driving/ operating. Impaired drivers/ operators are involved in a staggering % of accidents and fatalities regardless of circumstances.

Here’s the basics. I’m not a lawyer so my vocabulary may not be 100% accurate.
If you are operating a vehicle or watercraft at a BA over your state or city limit you are in fact engaged in a criminal act in most states.
In AZ the law enforcement agencies fall under “DPS” that’s the Department of Public Safety.
Dui and Oui are criminal activities that are specifically written as endangering public safety.
They aren’t simple citations. That why you get handcuffed and taken to jail.
Because you are engaging in criminal activity basically all bets are off from that point.
If you get a DUI or Oui you WILL LOSE your insurance coverage for at least 3 years, and it would be a miracle if your carrier covered anything at all regarding any damages sustained by any party in the incident when you had your dui/ oui.
“But I was just sitting there not even moving, my engine wasn’t even running!!”
Does NOT matter. You will be drug through the fire. It is ALL your fault.

During my 3 year navigation of post DWI era, not a single word was ever mentioned about the damage I could have caused, the danger I put people in, the possible lives I could have ruined.
The only discussion from courts and the endless court ordered, costly, requirements was dollar amounts.

I invite the membership to now flame away, call me names, preach about how it doesn’t affect them, it won’t matter.
If and when they put the bracelets on you it will all be clear.

I mean, the membership will post pages of prayers for any child killed by a drunk boater, and call for the killing of the perp and their immediate family…and in the next breath will lament the closing of a waterfront bar that has sent thousands of OUI candidates out onto the water.

At some point one has to decide.
I wonder if any of those laws / rules applied to our Ca friend Paul Pelosi ??

MagicMan

Reaction score
So what happens if both parties have been drinking? do they go to the score cards?
Better question, if you are the Eliminator and been drinking would you ask for police assistance after being rammed?

Reactions: DWC

boatnam2

Reaction score
Better question, if you are the Eliminator and been drinking would you ask for police assistance after being rammed?
Very good question, personally I would of tried to work it out with driver in other boat. The cost of some gel work wouldn't be bad compared to a deuce.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I’ll take it a step further. My boat, it isn’t just me that is dry but everyone else is too. No exceptions to alcohol on the boat, but my passengers are free to drink when they get off or go to lunch with me and drink there.

I’m descended from alcoholics so while I’m sure it’s a bit harsh, I don’t think alcohol and fun mix with anything that has a motor.

Now if I’m on someone else’s boat, they and the other passengers can drink like fish if they want to. I just won’t be comfortable with it.

The other half of my family start the light beer drinking at like 10am and drink all day while we are out on Mohave. I’ll only drink when I get back to the hotel, but I’ll still have fun on the lake.

And since I’m at it, no cigarette smoking on my boat either. Do it elsewhere. I had an unknowing chick hold her cigarette once right next to the tank vent. Miracle we are all around to tell the tale.
Considering texting and driving is equal to or greater then dwi involved accidents are you just as eager to start putting people including minors in jail and pulling there license ? Where is Madd, sadd and dadd on that one ? Why does a cop stop a minor on a phone and not cuff them and take them straight to prison ? If we could save just one life .

Reactions: DWC

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Considering texting and driving is equal to or greater then dwi involved accidents are you just as eager to start putting people including minors in jail and pulling there license ? Where is Madd, sadd and dadd on that one ? Why does a cop stop a minor on a phone and not cuff them and take them straight to prison ? If we could save just one life .
Well either that happens because of the nanny state or self driving cars shows up first and everyone can go back to texting without driving.

I don’t think I ever said anywhere that I had a desire to control or dictate outside of my own private property. I freely admit that others can do what they want and suffer any consequences of their own actions. I personally don’t want to be responsible for my guests behavior if they happen to be drinking.

Maybe the other reason for “my boat my rules”is because the lake I boat on has strict rules, hefty fines and they straight out tell your the boat driver is responsible for everyone else’s behavior on the boat (including but not limited to what those people also do in interacting with the lake police).

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
So what happens if both parties have been drinking? do they go to the score cards?

It actually does happen. The collision factor is listed as OUI on the police report. Both drivers are arrested and the insurance wins because insurance does not cover negligence or intentional acts and drunk driving has been legally established as both.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Lol
Kind of!
Each will get their own DUI (the courts call it a 2fer!) both will get the book thrown at them and both parties will start unloading money immediately.

As far as $ liabilities the court may decide the % ratio of liability for damages, or the insurance carriers will.
I was actually reading up about that comparing negligence per se (AZ) with comparative negligence (CA) and they actually do split up the liability by comparing who is worse.

I think in this thread there has been some confusion between “fault” and “liability”.

When you get a DUI and get hauled away you are not going to get any compensation or coverage for any damage in any crash whether it was your “fault” or someone else’s fault. You are going to eat every dime.
I’ve never heard of any policy that covers you or your vehicle/ boat when you are using those vehicles in the commission of a crime…which is in fact what is happening when driving or operating while inebriated.
That’s the way it works.
I invite anyone here to call their insurance broker and ask them what will happen if you are involved in anyway in an accident and you get a dui at the scene of that accident…no matter who “caused” it. Ask them what is covered. You’re most likely going to be cancelled and it won’t matter because you’ll probably need SR 22 anyway depending on where you get popped.

If any of this sounds unfair, I wholeheartedly suggest contacting your local politicians and judges to lobby them.
See how many are willing to champion the fight to support drunk drivers rights and by extension jeopardize one of the biggest revenue streams to cities and State coffers.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It actually does happen. The collision factor is listed as OUI on the police report. Both drivers are arrested and the insurance wins because insurance does not cover negligence or intentional acts and drunk driving has been legally established as both.

Exactly.

El Rojo

Reaction score
What a shitshow, don't know how you guys do the whole Havasu thing...that channel is like a bad social media app...all about "hey look what I'm doing! give me likes!!!"

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I’ll be gone in 8 months or less.
Tommy say it isn’t so….you still owe me a ride in your boat as I need to have you out one day on ours. I get back into town shortly let’s do it before you make you exit. :read:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Tommy say it isn’t so….you still owe me a ride in your boat as I need to have you out one day on ours. I get back into town shortly let’s do it before you make you exit. :read:

Absolutely!!!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Please tell me there will not be any loud music…..I know there will not be any from my bote. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I also need to check out the latest in your fleet of aircrafts!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Please tell me there will not be any loud music…..I know there will not be any from my bote. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Negative.
I removed the stereo to make room for the gps system.
The only music will be from the unbaffled open headers.
You’ve seen the boat. It is way worse than what it looks…

DLC

Reaction score
Pasties…. Need to pan around for some pasties…..

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Negative.
I removed the stereo to make room for the gps system.
The only music will be from the unbaffled open headers.
You’ve seen the boat. It is way worse than what it looks…
That will be music to my ears!!!! Let’s do it!!!! by the way, would like to bring my son into the conversation at that time. He wants to get a bote at some point down the road. Would love to discuss that with you as well. Might have to find a night at Smith’s or maybe a RDP corn hole tournament in our garage. Got a new set of boards….

6D1D973F-A177-46B3-8AD6-4FB19258B218.jpeg