WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel closing........

She's Mine

Reaction score
Who knew this was coming? ✋ People just can't control themselves so guess what.... The government will control you for you... Dumb Asses... The longer people go out and gather the longer the responsible ones will be quarantined.

TexasJet

Reaction score
On my local lake they had a huge fishing tournament last weekend. At least 80 bass boats. After the tournament they all gather under a pavilion for the awards and dinner. No 6 ft rule there for sure.

catman

Reaction score
From the top... launch ramps are next.Better go through the boat in the slip...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I'm gonna go throw my boat in a slip.. but if they close down all the launch ramps.. How the hell do I get it out later?

RD

Reactions: DWC

PlanB

Reaction score
There was also a warning put out this morning about Body Beach on FB ( I think it was Havasu Scanner Feed). They said if social distancing is not maintained the Sheriff's Department would shut down the beach.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Who knew this was coming? ✋ People just can't control themselves so guess what.... The government will control you for you... Dumb Asses... The longer people go out and gather the longer the responsible ones will be quarantined.

Pretty much knew this was coming when I saw this pic yesterday.

799790A1-9881-445E-8670-918D444B0BFC.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
maybe I'm missing something, but what is wrong in that pic? The boats all look to have a pretty good distance between them?

RD

Doesn’t matter Dave, a pandemic is 2 parts.
Panic and epidemic.
That was yesterday at less than 80*.
What do you think it’ll look like Saturday at 91*?
It’s gonna be jammed. Beaching or no beaching. Lake will be closed next week I’m wagering.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I know crappy pic from today
Pretty sad when you can't fit a boat in the picture frame lol
Lake was busy today.
I don't get the beaching thing
People had just as many EZ up tents along the channel.
Are they all banned too?
image0000001 (1).jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
So I'm gonna go throw my boat in a slip.. but if they close down all the launch ramps.. How the hell do I get it out later?

RD
A bunch of us can get really, really close together and lift it out! :D

EPL

Reaction score
This shit better not get in the way of boating season. Most boat owners own guns, things can get ugly, just sayin. LOL
Then maybe people should listen to what they are being told intsead of saying fuck you and just doing what they want , them maybe this shit could be over by boating season !!

prorider

Reaction score
Then maybe people should listen to what they are being told intsead of saying fuck you and just doing what they want , them maybe this shit could be over by boating season !!
Seriously , they are lying to us. This shit is just getting started. Flattening the curve is just gonna drag it out way longer.

PlanB

Reaction score
They are trying to not overwhelm the healthcare system. One of the local healthcare systems in San Diego said the other day they have 1800 beds (between several hospitals). The CEO said the way this shit is spreading they could have a need for 8000. That's not even getting into specialized equipment (ventilators) and the personnel needed to run them. What's Havasu going to do if they get hit hard with cases with one hospital?

I underestimated this shit when it first started as well. We need to slow it down so the hospitals have a chance.

Singleton

Reaction score
SD County keeps closing stuff. Each weekend folks venture out and each Sunday/Monday orders are updated to close those areas.

This virus is spreading like a wildfire and since you are contagious before showing symptoms (unlike anything seen before) its all about slowing that down and trying to limit the demand on medical resources. Forecasted hospital surge in SD is targeted to be between April 21-28 and this is due to folks not staying home over the last 2 weeks.

April 30 is the new target date to release restrictions. If that gets extended again, mental health issues are going to be huge and folks will not recover from the financial hardships.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
SD County keeps closing stuff. Each weekend folks venture out and each Sunday/Monday orders are updated to close those areas.

This virus is spreading like a wildfire and since you are contagious before showing symptoms (unlike anything seen before) its all about slowing that down and trying to limit the demand on medical resources. Forecasted hospital surge in SD is targeted to be between April 21-28 and this is due to folks not staying home over the last 2 weeks.

April 30 is the new target date to release restrictions. If that gets extended again, mental health issues are going to be huge and folks will not recover from the financial hardships.
Carlsbad closed and chased out hikers around lake Calaveras preserve. We walk those trails regularly and will pass a handful of people now and then......but this past weekend it felt like the whole city was out for hikes. Inexperienced looking walkers, as in not the hiking types, all over the place. Not surprised it got shut down.

PlanB

Reaction score
Carlsbad closed and chased out hikers around lake Calaveras preserve. We walk those trails regularly and will pass a handful of people now and then......but this past weekend it felt like the whole city was out for hikes. Inexperienced looking walkers, as in not the hiking types, all over the place. Not surprised it got shut down.

We live on a private dead end road out in the hills of Vista, and we are even getting walking traffic from people that don't live here. We stopped going to the park (now shutdown) the other day because there were just too many people.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
They are trying to not overwhelm the healthcare system. One of the local healthcare systems in San Diego said the other day they have 1800 beds (between several hospitals). The CEO said the way this shit is spreading they could have a need for 8000. That's not even getting into specialized equipment (ventilators) and the personnel needed to run them. What's Havasu going to do if they get hit hard with cases with one hospital?

I underestimated this shit when it first started as well. We need to slow it down so the hospitals have a chance.
Thank You!!!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

If the hospitals can get through the next month we will hopefully start seeing a slowdown.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
How do you know the people who "can't control themselves" aren't people who have been in the same home? I was in the Channel today. I didn't touch anybody, I was way over 6 feet away at all times. Have you been to a grocery store? If so, you're more of a problem than I am.

This is how tribalism starts: "My tribe is smarter and more responsible than your tribe." I guess it's inevitable. We all suck.

BTW, I have NV #s on my boat, but I'm at the Landing, boat's been there for 2 years, and I'm completely isolated. You don't know all that you think you do. Never will.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
How do you know the people who "can't control themselves" aren't people who have been in the same home? I was in the Channel today. I didn't touch anybody, I was way over 6 feet away at all times. Have you been to a grocery store? If so, you're more of a problem than I am.

This is how tribalism starts: "My tribe is smarter and more responsible than your tribe." I guess it's inevitable. We all suck.

BTW, I have NV #s on my boat, but I'm at the Landing, boat's been there for 2 years, and I'm completely isolated. You don't know all that you think you do. Never will.

why can’t you chill at home for 2 weeks

Dalton

Reaction score
Because he has the freedom not to. None of this crap is law. Period.

You, on the other hand, need to listen to your government, to keep you safe. Hook, line and sinker. How easily you gave up your rights.

Sad.

Dan'l

Reminds me of when I was in the Army, one person would get a DUI over the weekend and everyone would be recalled to the barracks and locked down, and of course when released soldiers would go even crazier after being cooped up. Mass punishment sucks.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Because he has the freedom not to. None of this crap is law. Period.

You, on the other hand, need to listen to your government, to keep you safe. Hook, line and sinker. How easily you gave up your rights.

Sad.

Dan'l

You do realize that you are playing right into their hands?
Having the right to do something doesn’t always make it the right thing to do.

People refused to abide by the recommendations at the beaches...so they closed them. Rinse and repeat right on down the list.
It isn’t a matter of “doing what we’re told”, it’s a matter of doing what will give them NO REASON to escalate restrictions.
I’m all for fighting the good fight, but this is not the right battle to fight.

I know a guy who is convinced that it’s all a lie, and the powers that be are covering up that an asteroid is headed our way to destroy the earth. That’s how crazy people are getting over this. He’s 60 years old and doesn’t do drugs and hardly ever drinks.
He rides his Harley every day and refuses to believe that even one case of COVID exists in the world.
He wanted to ride out and visit this week, from PHoenix. I know for a fact he’s been in at least 4 States in the last week.
Told him not a chance, stay where you are.

I just think that if we all chill for a bit they won’t have the power or reason to escalate restrictions. And who knows, it might do some good for humanity?

prorider

Reaction score
Anybody that thinks this shit is just going to disappear because we don’t go outside isn’t paying attention. Until we have a vaccine it’s with us. Destroying our economy to flatten curve is insane. Letting politicians decide what is essential. Already have bread lines forming back east.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
why can’t you chill at home for 2 weeks
I was already here. That's my point. How do any of you know where home is? And again, have you been to a grocery store? The people that have houses here and elsewhere make up these towns. If I get in a car and drive to the house at the lake, and the same people are with me there and here, WTF is the difference? Ohhhh, you'll say resources. The f'ng stores are getting restocked, and any cash, that comes into these towns, from any source is a flippin' good thing right now. You all on the "stay put and leave me alone and stay away from my shit" side of this fence are all the same. Just looking for some reason to blame others or be pissed at them. It's control, and you're part of the problem that literally becomes Totalitarian BS. I guess some of you just get scared by the statistics and the scary red circles, but people in the Channel are not the problem. A virus is. Everybody I've seen, the Channel, the Store, Three Dunes, is keeping their distance from other groups. We are cave-people, we hang with our cave. Here, in the car, on the boat, and at home, wherever that is.

rrrr

Reaction score
Ha, we used to do that way back as a youngster @ the ramp next to the bridge on the open end of marine stadium. We used a 2x12 though.

My girlfriend in high school had a '64 VW Bug, and I had two pieces of plywood stashed in the trunk so we could sneak into drive-in theaters.

It wasn't exactly the best car for steaming up the windows. I'm 6'2", she was 5'1". It made for some interesting positions LOL.