WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel closing........

River Runnin

Reaction score
Snowbirds may be leaving but Komieforni is moving in! The Springs is full up and already had a Virus scare!

gqchris

Reaction score
I see your point but not everyone is in that situation. It's certainly economically devastating for some families whose income comes from industries effected by the shutdown, but not all will be effected and some folks not at all.

I get it. Im one of the lucky ones also. But im not inherently wealthy and i can see the blowback from this trickling down to all of us in some shape or another. Ill feel alot more comfortable once the country is opened back up.

Singleton

Reaction score
Snowbirds may be leaving but Komieforni is moving in! The Springs is full up and already had a Virus scare!

some CA are starting to delay summer setups.
a bunch of folks are delaying early to mid April Islander move-ins to early May, allowing current snowbirds to stay longer

77charger

Reaction score
How come nobody panicked about H1N1? But everyone is shifting themselves over this?

Also just to stir it up, maybe this is the earth trying to lower our population so it can remain healthy.

The solution to global warming and drought wrapped into 1.
No one panicked cause Obama was president and media is on the lefts side. Had Hillary won the media would not be blowing it out like now.

PlanB

Reaction score
some CA are starting to delay summer setups.
a bunch of folks are delaying early to mid April Islander move-ins to early May, allowing current snowbirds to stay longer

Yep, we are supposed to be in Havasu right now. We cancelled the trip. I might need to do an overnight run to clean out the fridge (don't want food rotting in it) and adjust the sprinklers for the hotter weather, but I won't be in contact with any locals while there.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yep, we are supposed to be in Havasu right now. We cancelled the trip. I might need to do an overnight run to clean out the fridge (don't want food rotting in it) and adjust the sprinklers for the hotter weather, but I won't be in contact with any locals while there.

Yes, we're holding off as well, but despite the objections of a few chosen locals (not necessarily property owners), some of us do have and have had for many years, REAL ASSETS to care for and protect.
Like you, before it gets to hot, there's some re-adjustments required.
Is my aging life and the lives of others more important --- of course.
But considering just finding fucking toilet paper in this hi-tech, super power of a country is a challenge requiring venturing into a dozen or more stores and or standing 'nut-to-butt" in lines, I believe with a bit of common sense, I can accomplish what's required without killing anybody. 🤔 👍

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So I'm going to havasu to my own house with my wife and dog.I already have everything I need there . I'm going to take my boat out to a nice little beach with no one around and enjoy the lake. Where's the problem with that?I know I will have to go get gas and maybe hit the store but that's about it .After boating we will be hanging out at home grilling dinner and having some drinks.For entertainment we can play darts or watch old movies.I don't think that's irresponsible.People need to lighten up and use common sense.Yes do not hang out in large groups.Stay away from other people in public.Someday t

Free choice as I posted,
The concern is what happens when you have an accident on the water? What resources are you (boater/off roader) taking up that are in short supply right now.
If you aren’t caring for an elderly person like Dave and his wife are, I can agree you are less of a potential strain on the system.

Case in point:
Guy goes to Ocotillo last week, rolls his sxs and loses his arm.
Air flight , multiple first responders tied up as well as a hospital bed.
Sure I’m sorry it happened but we can all agree last weekend was well into a request for self isolation.

I’ve had SXS’s since 06’, and can say I damn well know that during times with resources being thin, I’d drive mellow and not become a strain on the system (besides being in a hospital around sick patients)

We use a term working major events like the Oscar’s, Playoff games: “Don’t become THE story”

Odds are good that nothing will happen to you, and all will go as planned.
Some of us here are concerned of what could happen to drain resources vs not engaging in non essential activities.

That’s not being “Karen” or “sheeple”, it’s seeing the big picture and avoid being “the story” to help towards the greater good of the whole.

Squads and mission focused groups think that way.

Again, not directed at you, but rather the community.

84miller

Reaction score
Just got word, that whomever makes the call, the lake will be down a minimum of 6' by the weekend. Damn, took a drive down London Bridge road and there's islands at the mouth I've never seen and they're dropping it another 6', DAMN!!!

You might see more lower water. I do not think it is because of a attempted shutdown of any type. Lake Mead has reached a Tier 1 Zero, many states, such as AZ must leave 195K acre feet of their allotment for 2020 in Lake Mead, plus 7 other states gave up part of their allotted amount. along with Mexico, who gave up all water for 2020. So there will be days were water release below Lake Mead is restricted. FYI, Lake Mead and all the water connected down to Mexico is owned legally by Los Angeles County as they built it. Snow level for Colorado was not great this last season, it would take many good seasons to get Lake Mead up to a respected level. I say they need to start the project right now either piping from the Mississippi or Desalination from the Pacific.

Reactions: C-2

76sanger

Reaction score
You voted these people in to help your towns, cities and counties out, then when they are trying to do their job, you people get pissed because it might take away from some of your time. Damn man, I think they have done an excellent job of trying to balance keeping things open as much as they have, and not "(closing everything)" down for a month if not longer.
You, me, us keep taking this fucking virus as not a threat and it does keep spreading, you, me , us may not have part of a summer let alone having the whole summer to enjoy our boats, friends and families on the water.
But hey, you all do what you want and hopefully it does work out for the best. "BUT" dont be a bunch of wining little butt hurt bi@#$es if it doesn't.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Is there not a min level for the lake anymore?

WildWilly

Reaction score
I just left safeway and watched in the parking lot 3 truckloads of people with CA plates loading up their coolers in their suits heading to the lake....but i'm sure they are all living in one household so they are social distancing together right? lol plenty of people just don't give a shit and they prove it regularly.

Sandlord

Reaction score
I just left safeway and watched in the parking lot 3 truckloads of people with CA plates loading up their coolers in their suits heading to the lake....but i'm sure they are all living in one household so they are social distancing together right? lol plenty of people just don't give a shit and they prove it regularly.

Doc on tv said that if you live together and sleep in the same bed, there is no point in keeping your distance.
I assume those California people all sleep together.

getreal

Reaction score
20200401_152636.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score
You might see more lower water. I do not think it is because of a attempted shutdown of any type. Lake Mead has reached a Tier 1 Zero, many states, such as AZ must leave 195K acre feet of their allotment for 2020 in Lake Mead, plus 7 other states gave up part of their allotted amount. along with Mexico, who gave up all water for 2020. So there will be days were water release below Lake Mead is restricted. FYI, Lake Mead and all the water connected down to Mexico is owned legally by Los Angeles County as they built it. Snow level for Colorado was not great this last season, it would take many good seasons to get Lake Mead up to a respected level. I say they need to start the project right now either piping from the Mississippi or Desalination from the Pacific.
Snowpack in Colorado River Drainage is decent at 107% but not epic. Certainly not a below average year yet and a little less than last year which was a good year. Friend of mine work for the bureau of reclamation in Boulder CIty and has told me their strategy is to always maintain Havasu at close to full pool plus or minus a few feet. Only lake in the chain that gets this priority. Look at the charts to prove this point. No way they are taking it down 12ft or even 6ft quickly, it would create a lot of problems with navigation, etc.

84miller

Reaction score
Snowpack in Colorado River Drainage is decent at 107% but not epic. Certainly not a below average year yet and a little less than last year which was a good year. Friend of mine work for the bureau of reclamation in Boulder CIty and has told me their strategy is to always maintain Havasu at close to full pool plus or minus a few feet. Only lake in the chain that gets this priority. Look at the charts to prove this point. No way they are taking it down 12ft or even 6ft quickly, it would create a lot of problems with navigation, etc.

We will see Colorado state has had a shortage, Lake Mead is very low. Lake Mead will not be not be sacrificed to keep Havasu functioning for the purpose of boating or tourism. It is a huge issue actually, that I have no answer for, nor do the experts. It does need attention to it starting now...my original post was qualifying they will be holding back water in Lake Mead, it is a fact. I know nothing of 12ft or 6ft as I never read or stated what the lower dependent water levels would be seeing. I was replying to how low the water was reported under the London bridge. We will see, trust me I own and place and boat, I don't want to lose the ability, myself.

Nordie

Reaction score
I always thought Mojave was always kept within 6ft as well. Is that not the case is Mojave way down as well?

boatnam2

Reaction score
So coming up on 5000 deaths, about a 1000 More since yesterday, If it doesn't slow we will be at 35000 dead by end of April, I think it will be higher.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
We will see Colorado state has had a shortage, Lake Mead is very low. Lake Mead will not be not be sacrificed to keep Havasu functioning for the purpose of boating or tourism. It is a huge issue actually, that I have no answer for, nor do the experts. It does need attention to it starting now...my original post was qualifying they will be holding back water in Lake Mead, it is a fact. I know nothing of 12ft or 6ft as I never read or stated what the lower dependent water levels would be seeing. I was replying to how low the water was reported under the London bridge. We will see, trust me I own and place and boat, I don't want to lose the ability, myself.
Lake Havasu will always be kept pretty consistent because Metropolitan water District of California and the central Arizona project pumping stations can’t go below a certain level or Phoenix and Los Angeles will run out of water.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Havasu lower than about 443 feet but I am most likely wrong.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Are they dying in the channel, or are you in the wrong thread?
Maybe wrong thread, sorry HGP3. Trying to help all the people sitting at the lake posting pics who maybe aren't able to watch the news.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So coming up on 5000 deaths, about a 1000 More since yesterday, If it doesn't slow we will be at 35000 dead by end of April, I think it will be higher.

It was 500 a day 5 days ago. It’s over a thousand a day already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat 405

Reaction score
Channel is open as of today for boat parking

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sounds like an afternoon boat ride is in order.
No wind, mid week, yep. It’s miller time.

I’ll be the guy in the obnoxious yellow jet bote.

Is it obnoxious because of the colour, motor or music? :looking: