WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel Mooring Enforcement

PlanB

Reaction score
This just popped up in FB:

The Lake Havasu City Police Department will be towing vessels moored overnight in the Bridgewater Channel and City Parks pursuant to the city code 8.16.130. There is no mooring in the Bridgewater Channel or City Parks between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. except upon private property. The entire East Bank is no mooring after 11:00 p.m. Overnight mooring on the West Bank is authorized only at the private property of the Isle Condominiums (1401 Mcculloch Blvd. N.). The City Parks include Rotary Community Park, London Bridge Beach, and Site Six.
See maps below:
Private mooring is allowed in the yellow area only (1401 Mcculloch Blvd. N.). This is a private mooring area and not open to the general public.
The sections of the Bridgewater Channel and city parks marked in red are no overnight mooring zones.

144413056_4113062128726431_8015593866340521756_o.jpg

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
Nothing new

Enforcement of all mooring after 2300 is definitely new. There has always been the closed hours of 2300-0500, but it was never enforced on people that were with their boats. We are often down there in the middle of summer after 2300 because of the heat. This last season was the only time I have ever had LE contact while in the channel at night because we were there after 2300. It sounds like the city is going to actively enforce the closure hours now.

This reminds me of the boom pre-2008 when the city was screwing with boaters. After the crash they left everyone alone.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
No mention of the LBR docks, or the new Heat docks...?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Enforcement of all mooring after 2300 is definitely new. There has always been the closed hours of 2300-0500, but it was never enforced on people that were with their boats. We are often down there in the middle of summer after 2300 because of the heat. This last season was the only time I have ever had LE contact while in the channel at night because we were there after 2300. It sounds like the city is going to actively enforce the closure hours now.

This reminds me of the boom pre-2008 when the city was screwing with boaters. After the crash they left everyone alone.

What does it matter? The City, has rules, either Obey or Fight them. Life is difficult enough to on your R&R Time, fight trivial B.S.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They also run the weed eating barge thing all night, helps if there are no parked boats

PlanB

Reaction score
The beach in front of Kings will be interesting this season.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
This might be because of the 2 homeless dudes that live in homemade canoe type boats that hang out in there all night?

It’s the same law as always

jones performance

Reaction score
If they're towing boats beached overnight, its gonna get SPICY
Many who rent those condo's leave their boats on the beach overnight. They have written tickets in the past at times, but never towed before.

no sympathy from me if they get towed.. i would hope the rules about no mooring overnight are in the rental contracts..

77charger

Reaction score
Follow the rules you wont have an issue or stay in your boat while there after hours.Signs are there people have known it for years just because they didnt enforce it like this never meant it was open or thats the way its been for years.

jones performance

Reaction score
In regards to what would get interesting - that was it. That is all

yea... the facespace pages will be filled with crying and bitching im sure lol the post about ezups being left on kings beach and getting tossed were some good reading..

3.Slow

Reaction score
yup, no mooring between 11pm and 5am according to this sign :confused:
20190901_002434.jpg

found out the hard way during RDP party at the Heat, funny part is I asked the officer where it said 11-5 and he pointed at the sign, then realized it didn't give a time, but told me he already started writing the citation. I have no problem with no overnight mooring, the this vague sign referencing a city ordinance is bullshit, just put 11 to 5 on the sign.

Tank

Reaction score
yup, no mooring between 11pm and 5am according to this sign :confused:
View attachment 969503
found out the hard way during RDP party at the Heat, funny part is I asked the officer where it said 11-5 and he pointed at the sign, then realized it didn't give a time, but told me he already started writing the citation. I have no problem with no overnight mooring, the this vague sign referencing a city ordinance is bullshit, just put 11 to 5 on the sign.

You weren't at the Heat docks were you? I think the code refers to beached boats not slipped boats

Also, I heard that those that bought in the kings bay originally were told or they actually had rights to beach but the city came in and was like, nope and they made it public land. Anyone know the truth behind that?

PlanB

Reaction score
I have always heard that the Isles is the only private beach in the channel. I don’t think Kings ever had any rights the the beach in front of the complex. What’s also interesting is they included the state owned land that is part of Windsor. I thought that was state controlled and not subject to the mooring code.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You weren't at the Heat docks were you? I think the code refers to beached boats not slipped boats

Also, I heard that those that bought in the kings bay originally were told or they actually had rights to beach but the city came in and was like, nope and they made it public land. Anyone know the truth behind that?
Kings bay never had right to the beach. Isles owned the property before the channel was built so they are grandfathered in.

3.Slow

Reaction score

nope, should have just put it at the dock but the beach was easier and we weren't staying over night, just cruised over from the Nautical for the party.

gqchris

Reaction score
Yet those shitbox cabana boats can take up 75% of the channel at 5am sharp.

They must be greasing the city good.

Singleton

Reaction score

when they were being built and sold, developer used beach as a selling point.
a few lawsuits started up, but went no where with the city.

DWC

Reaction score
This might be because of the 2 homeless dudes that live in homemade canoe type boats that hang out in there all night?

It’s the same law as always
My first thought. The castaway guy has a pretty extensive setup. Boat, trailing boat and shore set-up.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I thing the big difference is towing vs ticketing. I have friends that have left boats due to no sober driver and would eat a ticket if they got it (which is smart) but if they are towing/impounding them now not writing a ticket, now you have a bigger issue to worry about with impound fees, possible damage etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
This is going to cause even more problems (drama).
Wonder who won the towing contract.
My next question, does this mean all the rental boats that are on channel beach next to the marina get towed every night. Many years ago all the rentals got 86’d from the beach and they have slowly started showing back up.

Tank

Reaction score
when they were being built and sold, developer used beach as a selling point.
a few lawsuits started up, but went no where with the city.
Yeah, I knew there was some drama with it. Thanks for the clarification.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
They are launching there last I heard homes are going up quick the next new port pics please

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They are stacking the towed boats on racks, and you will be required to claim your boat with a 3/4 ton or larger truck.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Wonder who won the towing contract.

From the link.

Tow Services are provided by TowBoatUS and Sea Tow. Towed vessels are subject to city ordinance fines, tow fees and tow impound fees.

PlanB

Reaction score
I wonder where they are going to store the boats? If they tow them all the way to the LE docks, that probably will not be a cheap tow.

Singleton

Reaction score
They're launching out of Riviera???

not yet.
scheduled to open in 2021. Only 2 years behind the original launch opening date. It was supposed to be open DS19

DLC

Reaction score
If you have the tow insurance do you just pay for the impound.... and citation

asking for a friend

Tank

Reaction score
not yet.
scheduled to open in 2021. Only 2 years behind the original launch opening date. It was supposed to be open DS19
Actually I'm pretty impressed with the speed knowing A) many big projects take a long time and are 9 times out of 10 way delayed B) Havasu time LOL "be done in 2 years..." 10 years later still not done. C) 'Rona

Singleton

Reaction score
Actually I'm pretty impressed with the speed knowing A) many big projects take a long time and are 9 times out of 10 way delayed B) Havasu time LOL "be done in 2 years..." 10 years later still not done. C) 'Rona

the ramp is in the water, it is all the on land pavements that was still needed.

Tank

Reaction score
the ramp is in the water, it is all the on land pavements that was still needed.
That place is gonna be so rad. new go-to place on the water for lunch and "sodas"

Although, I think they missed the mark with not putting a pool in. After being in LOTO and seeing how they do it there. Pool attached to the restaurant, over looking the bay wouldn've KIIIIIIIIILLED IT!!! Swim up bar, tables in the pool for wading, DJ booth...bad ass. LOTO knows how to do a boating destination / bar.

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited: