• Beat it grandma, this is Havasu

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Pretend you speak Spanish

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters

Englewood

Reaction score
Question -

You pull into a spot on white sand beach about 3pm on a Saturday. You start playing your music and an older lady comes over and rudely says "You need to turn your music down. I can't even hear myself think". What do you do?

Asking for a friend, of course...

500bbc

Reaction score
Question -

You pull into a spot on white sand beach about 3pm on a Saturday. You start playing your music and an older lady comes over and rudely says "You need to turn your music down. I can't even hear myself think". What do you do?

Asking for a friend, of course...
Tell her to turn her hearing aid down...

samsah33

Reaction score
I give what I get. The OP says that the lady "rudely" told the friend that he "needs" to turn the music down - I would respond in kind. Now if she came over with hat in hand and politely asked me to please turn it down just a bit so that we can both listen to our own, then I would likely oblige and probably even offer a beer (even if she's not hot...).

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I give what I get. The OP says that the lady "rudely" told the friend that he "needs" to turn the music down - I would respond in kind. Now if she came over with hat in hand and politely asked me to please turn it down just a bit so that we can both listen to our own, then I would likely oblige and probably even offer a beer (even if she's not hot...).

I don’t understand the question?

769A2F25-64CC-49CA-9D38-11D955E6C2C3.jpeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Javajoe

Reaction score
After re-reading the question. My wife would politely turn it way the fuck up and not even bat an eye. Reason I know this..is because a couple months ago as I was pulling up on that same beach with a spot about 2 boats wide I had a group on the left that said no when I asked about parking my boat there and the people on the right would not move their Lily Pad so when I gently glided in and the wife jumped off early to help guide the boat in the wind not one fuck helped her out so she promptly cranked the music all the way up. Fuckin people piss me off. I am always respectful regarding my music around other boats unless…you piss off the wife lol

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
You could either:

Tell her it’s too early for snowbirds to turn it down, or…

Offer to crank up some old Big Band music or something and make her painfully aware her music sucks.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I avoid people...so this isn't a problem I run into.

That said, if someone parks next to me and starts playing circus music or drug and hoe music, I have two options I lean towards depending on my passengers.

Wife and kids, I'll pack up and find a new place.
My fuktard friends, well, fire up the motor and start "adjusting" the carb. On a good day, can get chollas mascara running like pepper spray.

I tend to be courteous to others, but courtesy runs both ways. Golden rule.

DWC

Reaction score
If someone told me to turn it down it probably wouldn’t happen. If they asked nice,
I’d turn it down. If they have kids i make sure it’s PG. If you’re going to the channel for quiet on the weekend you’re in the wrong place.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
If you were there first cranking yore music and she came and told you shit I'd definitely crank it louder. If she approached you decently if turn it slightly down for her.. if she was a bitch about I'd tell her to get fucked and max it out!😉

azsunfun

Reaction score
Bitch would have to go into 4' of water! Don't stare at old folks walking the sidewalk, so i would only see the top of her head and still wouldn'thear her.,

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have pulled up.to that beach many times. If folks are playing music around me I generally don't play mine. If nobody is playing music I will turn mine on. I play all kinds. Basically random stuff.

I have never asked anyone to turn down their music. In my opinion, if you're in the channel you have to expect loud music coming from all directions.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I used to play music based on the crowd around me. Made is much more fun for everyone. Was always polite and would ask people around me if they mind if I played music and also asked what they liked to hear as well. Taught my kids the same thing. It just makes for a more fun environment when you're hanging around people and everyone is having a good time.

hallett21

Reaction score
I used to play music based on the crowd around me. Made is much more fun for everyone. Was always polite and would ask people around me if they mind if I played music and also asked what they liked to hear as well. Taught my kids the same thing. It just makes for a more fun environment when you're hanging around people and everyone is having a good time.
That’s way too reasonable lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So you’d put on Otis Redding, turn the stereo down to 5, rub each other down with Ben Gay and drink sun tea.

Noted.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We got up EARLY one morning in Parker, to play with the RC boats before it got too crazy.

Some old bat sticks her head outa her trailer and yells...

Don't you think it's way too early to be making all that noise!?!?!?

All I said was...

Nope!

We never saw her again. 😁

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
So if I get it one should have a plethera of tunes to suit the mood and surrounding "neighbors" , Like some Cardi B and Mariachi, Some Slayer and maybe some Punk ;) Not ..If my boat was equipt with a stereo or "boom box" I'd play what I wanted to hear especially if I was first if the "neighbors" didnt dig it they could leave ...Next will be "Your boats to loud ?"

Last edited:

floatn turd

Reaction score
There is a time and a place to expect peace & quiet at the River.
And a time & place to expect a shit show.
But
I hate people that force their shitty music, shitty kids or shitty fuck'n dogs on other people at the River.

When you park next to someone just be respectful.
But sadly, more times than not.....it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score
We pulled in, I mean my friend, and they had been setup for hours by the looks of it.

I turned it down, but the wives in the group thought I was being a baby back bitch. I didn’t want the bad vibes from having a pissed off sandbar neighbor. I deal with confrontation all day long. Last thing I wanted was to have to throw 4 old tops in the channel.

Englewood

Reaction score
The music has ruined the channel. I see families with kids and the FU music blasting with high power speakers. This is not good! Golf course is so nice. View attachment 1156028
I have different playlists for different crowds. Mostly middle of the road stuff that all can enjoy.

What's consider shitty music? Just whatever you're not playing?
🤣

In a previous life I was a wedding DJ. Just know that half the people listening, hate your music. Doesn’t matter what you play, people won’t like it either way. So the answer to your questions is yes. LoL

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Channel Music - I mentioned this a while back, but it’s worth repeating. Many years ago there was a couple of older guys and their ladies who would arrive in a beautiful Campbell. The sound system was full, not offensive, but obviously very high quality. On most days their music of choice was “Sinatra, Live at the Sands with Count Basie and his Big Band”. Listening and seeing them sit there on their boat, enjoying their beverages, the music as they watched the world go by was really good stuff. Different times then, but really not that long ago. Things have changed, in many ways.

500bbc

Reaction score
Well, when you slide in on a magic carpet your neighbors stand in awe and you can play anything you want.😁