WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chase bank, quick question?

satellitemike

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much cash can be withdrawn from Chase bank w advanced notice to them?
Long story short I sold my travel trailer and we would prefer cash and the buying party is telling me that Chase wont give her 21K cash!

hallett21

Reaction score
Had a buddy buy a boat for 26k had to hit up like 5-7 branches in one day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warlock1

Reaction score
I bank with BOA and when I had to take out 12K for a purchase I simply went in and asked for it. They told me they might not have enough money to do that (they did)and I should make an appointment next time to ensure the money will be there. I literally stood there looking with a WTF look on my face and said alrighty then.

82daytona

Reaction score
You have to order that much cash ahead of time. Takes about three days around here.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much cash can be withdrawn from Chase bank w advanced notice to them?
Long story short I sold my travel trailer and we would prefer cash and the buying party is telling me that Chase wont give her 21K cash!
It depends on the bank and branch. Some branch locations keep lots of cash. Think jewelry district in DTLA. Have the local branch locate the cash and direct the buyer to that branch. 21 should not be a problem

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I asked for 12K recently and was told a manager needed to approve it because of their necessary "Cash reserves" per branch. They had enough but I was told 5K is all they guarentee to cash without notice.

That being said, I was told 5K per branch so if your buyer is motivated they should be able to to to multiple branches or have Branch 1 call around and see which branch could do it in one transaction.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
It depends on the bank and branch. Some branch locations keep lots of cash. Think jewelry district in DTLA. Have the local branch locate the cash and direct the buyer to that branch. 21 should not be a problem

Which branch exactly? There’s a scene in the movie Heat I would like to try. 😁 😁

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Got $25K from Bank of America, that branch needed 1 day notice so they had extra cash on hand.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
Yup, anything over 1500, most places want an order in advance.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I withdraw that much routinely. You need to use one of their larger branches or notify them a day ahead of time.

You could always go to their bank with them and have them cut you a bank check.

sintax

Reaction score
yea, pretty standard. BoA gave me some static trying to pull cash out when i bought my boat.

Also any amounts over 10k get reported to the IRS I believe.

Last edited:

EmpirE231

Reaction score
You sure we can't interest you in some numbers on your computer screen, vs. that dirty cash?

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

Most bank branches have no more than $7-10K in cash at any one time. My bank requires two days' notice for any cash withdrawal >$5K. They have to "order" the bills.

DLC

Reaction score
They should be able to wire the $$$$ into your Or an account you provide, go with the buyer to his bank.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I had that problem the other day. Cash limit through the drive through teller was $2999, ATM was $700. I only needed $6500 cash. Couldnt go inside due to the corona and they needed a hand signed withdraw form. Only way they allowed me to get the money was to write myself a personal check to cash. It made me mad at all the hoops I jumped through for my money.

satellitemike

Reaction score
They should be able to wire the $$$$ into your Or an account you provide, go with the buyer to his bank.
Trying to avoid putting the money in the bank, we want the cash to replace the trailer as soon as the supply starts to outweigh the demand!

Reactions: DLC

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I closed an account in one credit union a few years ago. Took that cashier's check for about $100,000 (sold a house about 3 months earlier) to another credit union and deposited in an existing account. They gave me a print out of a "schedule" outlining when I could withdraw the funds. Could only get $10K for the first two weeks I believe and it would take over 30 days to withdraw it all. My wife about lost her mind and told everyone in the bank how she felt about that.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Last time I had to call in the morning to confirm I could pull our 25k. Luckily they had it.

Pulled out 15k a month ago only had 50s oh well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk