WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cheap asses at River Island

boater250s

Reaction score
I've been staying at River island a while now. I recently noticed that people don't pay the day use fee of $10 to launch their boat. I don't wanna debate if their should be a fee or not. The bottom line is their is a fee, and people are aware of it. My point? If you can't pay ten bucks to launch your boat then maybe you should go elsewhere.
I see people pulling in with their tow vehicle and boat...the combomation of the two are probably 75000+ and they can't pay ten bucks?
Just my rant for the day...

GPURSLEY

SPOOKEY
Reaction score
I've been staying at River island a while now. I recently noticed that people don't pay the day use fee of $10 to launch their boat. I don't wanna debate if their should be a fee or not. The bottom line is their is a fee, and people are aware of it. My point? If you can't pay ten bucks to launch your boat then maybe you should go elsewhere.
I see people pulling in with their tow vehicle and boat...the combomation of the two are probably 75000+ and they can't pay ten bucks?
Just my rant for the day...

Maybe some have an annual pass,thats what I did. I agree tho,that's what keeps the park open.

TBulger

Reaction score
Just try and get away with that at the Islander, ya right. :)

Englewood

Reaction score
I see people launch at Riverland all the time that don't even stay there... Bluewater is the same way. Nobody pays to launch there.

charlyox

Reaction score
I tried to pay at Bluewater and the girl said no charge. Go ahead and launch.

Brian

Reaction score
I see people launch at Riverland all the time that don't even stay there... Bluewater is the same way. Nobody pays to launch there.

Maybe campers at Riverland. Also, if you have storage there but aren't a resident or camper, they will let you launch there. Don't complain too much though, us Riverland residents have it easy when it comes to launching. Not sure where you were before, but public launch ramps are for the birds now that I'm spoiled.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
public launch ramps are for the birds now that I'm spoiled.

You're not kidding. We had to put up a gate to keep the Riff Raff in the joint. :D

It's really convenient to leave the truck and trailer on the ramp while out boating.

IMAG0692.jpg IMAG0693.jpg

Englewood

Reaction score
Maybe campers at Riverland. Also, if you have storage there but aren't a resident or camper, they will let you launch there. Don't complain too much though, us Riverland residents have it easy when it comes to launching. Not sure where you were before, but public launch ramps are for the birds now that I'm spoiled.

I won't be complaining to anybody...No drama for me. Just an observation :)