WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cheap Junk and Expensive Junk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I told them at the dealer service dept the kitchen faucet was about to grenade.
“That’s normal they are all like that” they told me.
So next trip out in the desert, it grenaded.

B748A520-B8D2-4C3A-953F-8447BDE1442C.jpeg

bR4O8ka.jpg

I had read most home plumbing fixtures won’t jive well with Grand Design RVs for several reasons, some will but try and stick to RV parts to make the job go easier and cheaper.
A visit to Home Depot proved that true.

Then I remember vaguely that on Grand Design Momentum's replacing the faucet is a bitch.
Yes awkward and hard to get at and barely fits under the sink.
Also zero slack in the water connections - the hoses will “JUST” reach.

Don’t discover that after you spent an hour installing the awkward and hard to get at faucet just have to do it again.

Mounting the faucet ($99 Camping World - $70 off) with the handle on the left side gave me the extra 1 inch I needed to make the hoses connect.

Then the fucking cheap-o Lippert water pump kept running all night long and blowing bubbles when you opened any faucet or shower.
Dealer replaced it with another Lippert and the problem continued. Then again.

I replaced it myself with a Seaflow marine pump and it cured that headache. Better water flow too.
Another MFSOB hard to get at project.

POS Lippert:
145282CF-86D4-4FC5-B07C-7A345747B60B.jpeg

DDB87577-D5A9-479A-8748-21FB2DA6E5D4.jpeg

Seaflow cured my problem.

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
I found the opposite with the faucets . I replaced mine with homedepot units with no problem and it made it easy to get new aerators . As far as the water pump i think you made the right decision

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I had been tipped off that most replacement faucets hoses may not reach the trailer connections on my model Momentum. Maybe on yours they will, but not on the 2020 398M's that my group rolls with.
So if you notice I installed it with the handle on the left side. This because the hoses are on the left side of the fixture THUS giving you the precious extra 1" closer to the trailers fittings ya need to make the hose connections.
Hold this thought. I'm glad I did. It's an awkward and tedious job. You don't want to do the job twice.
If you use a faucet with the hoses entering in the middle or right side, you're SOL.

bR4O8ka.jpg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I told them at the dealer service dept the kitchen faucet was about to grenade.
“That’s normal they are all like that” they told me.
So next trip out in the desert, it grenaded.

View attachment 935671
bR4O8ka.jpg

I had read most home plumbing fixtures won’t jive well with Grand Design RVs for several reasons, some will but try and stick to RV parts to make the job go easier and cheaper.
A visit to Home Depot proved that true.

Then I remember vaguely that on Grand Design Momentum's replacing the faucet is a bitch.
Yes awkward and hard to get at and barely fits under the sink.
Also zero slack in the water connections - the hoses will “JUST” reach.

Don’t discover that after you spent an hour installing the awkward and hard to get at faucet just have to do it again.

Mounting the faucet ($99 Camping World - $70 off) with the handle on the left side gave me the extra 1 inch I needed to make the hoses connect.

Then the fucking cheap-o Lippert water pump kept running all night long and blowing bubbles when you opened any faucet or shower.
Dealer replaced it with another Lippert and the problem continued. Then again.

I replaced it myself with a Seaflow marine pump and it cured that headache. Better water flow too.
Another MFSOB hard to get at project.

POS Lippert:
View attachment 935700
View attachment 935701
Seaflow cured my problem.
Invest in a decent sized accumulator tank and call it a day. You’ll always have constant pressure and flow and will never have to worry about water hammer or cavitation