WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CHEATING?

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have never been a sports fan, I guess I am the odd ball but I could give two shits about any of it. But I do love me some Super Cross!!

boatnam2

Reaction score
Been pretty much done with it all for a few years, might put in a bet and check scores. I hate paying good money to watch a bunch of whiney asses play sports, the NBA being the worst.

westair

Reaction score
Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
They won’t. They don’t need to. These teams don’t need you, they need younger people, new fans.
Good luck with the proverbial younger fans you speak of funding professional sport franchises going forward. Most responsible young people I know of are prioritizing family, student loan repayment and a home before sports.

Heck one NFL game will set you back 700 dollars for lower level seats in Vegas not counting concessions and parking. Easily one game two people 850 dollars. I find it hard to believe in this day and age, that disposable income exist in that demographic. Maybe it does? I guess we will find out soon enough.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Good luck with the proverbial younger fans you speak of funding professional sport franchises going forward. Most responsible young people I know of are prioritizing family, student loan repayment and a home before sports.

Heck one NFL game will set you back 700 dollars for lower level seats in Vegas not counting concessions and parking. Easily one game two people 850 dollars. I find it hard to believe in this day and age, that disposable income exist in that demographic. Maybe it does? I guess we will find out soon enough.

It does. Young people have plenty of disposable income. They have $1000 phones, lease luxury vehicles, and take expensive vacations every year.

They spend the most money collectively, that is why they are the most targeted demographic.

Community

Reaction score
They can all KMA, could care less to begin with and now all this? I have more fun things to do. I like to play, never a good spectator.

Backlash

Reaction score
....and many are up to their armpits in student debt with no money stashed away in a savings account.

It's going to go down just like the network who cancelled Live PD. How much revenue have they lost since making that knee jerk decision?? Wait and see. Little boys with capris, man purses and Starbucks cups arent into watching football, baseball, etc.

DLC

Reaction score
I used to watch the chargers play then they moved and now with all the crap going on I only watch football if it’s already on at a bar or something... My tv doesn’t get football anymore

baseball sucks even more now

supercross is where it was at, but they sucked only racing in Utah and 2 races a week, I still have 3 races to watch & I don’t have much TV time during the week.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I have been a Nascar fan for many years, but I personally and honestly havent watched a race since the whole Bubba drama.....I will admit though that it has been on the tv in my house, because my 8yo absolutely loves Nascar, and i dont think its the right time to explain to him what is going on, so he watches it, and wonders why i dont sit with him to watch like i used to....
The wife and I had been Nascar fans for over 30 years and when The Greatest name in Motor Sports brought that black car to the track, that was it for me. Fuck Richard Petty, Fuck Nascar and Fuck the France family. :mad: :mad:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It does. Young people have plenty of disposable income. They have $1000 phones, lease luxury vehicles, and take expensive vacations every year.

They spend the most money collectively, that is why they are the most targeted demographic.
I'll be long gone but who's going to pay for these fucks when they reach retirement age and have $497.87 in a saving account because they had " a good time" in their younger years. I give my parents, both gone, GOLD MEDALS, for instilling in me to save some money.

OK, go ahead and lite me up, why should I give a fuck about them, because I and many million others had to help pull all the asshats out of the 2008 mess and I don't want to do that again.....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'll be long gone but who's going to pay for these fucks when they reach retirement age and have $497.87 in a saving account because they had " a good time" in their younger years. I give my parents, both gone, GOLD MEDALS, for instilling in me to save some money.

OK, go ahead and lite me up, why should I give a fuck about them, because I and many million others had to help pull all the asshats out of the 2008 mess and I don't want to do that again.....

I have no idea.. I'm not counting on SS to be there for me when I retire.