WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Check out this S!&?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Next thing you know there will be people congregating in buildings each and every Sunday.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Next thing you know there will be people congregating in buildings each and every Sunday.

Why is it that you hate American organized religion so? I'm beginning to agree with those on "my" side that insist, "your" side hates this country, our rich traditions and its institutions. If you don't like church, in this country, you simply just don't go. In others, that you seem to worship, you either go or you are a traitor to the theocracy and are dealt with accordingly.

This statement comes from an agnostic. that is how obvious your contempt is.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
upload_2019-2-22_15-9-7.gif

RodnJen

Reaction score
Why is it that you hate American organized religion so? I'm beginning to agree with those on "my" side that insist, "your" side hates this country, our rich traditions and its institutions. If you don't like church, in this country, you simply just don't go. In others, that you seem to worship, you either go or you are a traitor to the theocracy and are dealt with accordingly.

To each his own. However, they are allowed preferential treatment under the tax code and the once great Republican Party has prostituted itself to the religious right.

squeezer

Reaction score
Why is it that you hate American organized religion so?

There are many many organized religions in the US so its foolhardy to make a blanket statement. It is fair however to list some specifics.

One would have a hard time talking about organized religion in the US without talking about the Church of Rome (Go figure)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sex_abuse_cases_in_the_United_States

There is no excuse for this and even less leeway for the decades of covering this stuff up.

Seems like its not just the Catholics...

https://www.russellmoore.com/2019/02/10/southern-baptists-and-the-scandal-of-church-sexual-abuse/

Looks like we have a bit of a trend...

https://www.gcsrw.org/Portals/13/Sexual Misconduct in the United Methodist Church revised Jan 19.pdf

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
To each his own. However, they are allowed preferential treatment under the tax code and the once great Republican Party has prostituted itself to the religious right.

So it was a shot at American religious institutions. If you don't like it, run for office and do something about it. America has far more pressing issues that the church's tax exempt status, which I agree with you on. But I don't piss on the whole show just because the Feds gave them that status. You explanation still shows your contempt.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
There are many many organized religions in the US so its foolhardy to make a blanket statement. It is fair however to list some specifics.

One would have a hard time talking about organized religion in the US without talking about the Church of Rome (Go figure)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sex_abuse_cases_in_the_United_States

There is no excuse for this and even less leeway for the decades of covering this stuff up.

https://www.russellmoore.com/2019/02/10/southern-baptists-and-the-scandal-of-church-sexual-abuse/

https://www.gcsrw.org/Portals/13/Sexual Misconduct in the United Methodist Church revised Jan 19.pdf

But yet you continue to vote for a party that champions post term abortion, you sir are conflicted.

As I stated, trying to get me to defend the church, ain't gonna work.

Wanna debate this one junior? Bring your lunch and a flashlight.

500bbc

Reaction score

The left has whored itself to baby murder, drug addiction, feces running through our streets, abject racism. pedophilia etc etc. etc.

Fucking Idiot...

RodnJen

Reaction score
The left has whored itself to baby murder, drug addiction, feces running through our streets, abject racism. pedophilia etc etc. etc.

Fucking Idiot...

Aneurysm?

500bbc

Reaction score
So it was a shot at American religious institutions. If you don't like it, run for office and do something about it. America has far more pressing issues that the church's tax exempt status, which I agree with you on. But I don't piss on the whole show just because the Feds gave them that status. You explanation still shows your contempt.

He's to fucking stupid to understand what this country was founded on and the unbelievable success of Western Civilization.
The left is currently trying to destroy both and he supports it.

He's a fucking idiot...

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Steve,
They always parallel Trumpkins as supportive of religious zealotry and/ or abuse.

It’s a working part of their TDS.

Its because, as you say, he expected me to jump all over him as a personal attack. I'm FAR from religious. Hell, I'm barely house-broke.

He wanted to blame the church for the tax exempt status, the Republican party has granted them. Hell, his party had full control for two years and did nothing about gun violence, Church tax issues, they don't want to solve the issue, the NEED the issue to divide and subjugate. I'm not even up to speed on who or how it got that way?

They don't know how to handle free thinkers, who can also be critical thinkers and be critical of their own party/leadership mechanism.

squeezer

Reaction score
But yet you continue to vote for a party that champions post term abortion, you sir are conflicted.

As I stated, trying to get me to defend the church, ain't gonna work.

Wanna debate this one junior? Bring your lunch and a flashlight.

You might find my personal opinion on abortion is pretty much the same as your own...

What I would argue is:

NOBODY is championing post term abortions. Hysteria to the contrary is just that hysteria. (And yea it would take a graph or two to demonstrate that fact)

The other thing I would throw out there in this debate is policies I advocate and support ( Sex Education, Social safety nets, child-welfare, easy access to daycare, etc etc) do far more to lower abortion rates than the "Abstinence-Only They should have thought of that before having kids" crowd.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Its because, as you say, he expected me to jump all over him as a personal attack. I'm FAR from religious. Hell, I'm barely house-broke.

He wanted to blame the church for the tax exempt status, the Republican party has granted them. Hell, his party had full control for two years and did nothing about gun violence, Church tax issues, they don't want to solve the issue, the NEED the issue to divide and subjugate.

They don't know how to handle free thinkers, who can also be critical thinkers and be critical of their own party/leadership mechanism.

Exactly.

That’s why we you see more meme responses now, actual words are wasted on them for the most part.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I must commend you all on your creativity this afternoon, well done. Doesn’t make you any less full of shit, but we’ll done.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You might find my personal opinion on abortion is pretty much the same as your own...

What I would argue is:

NOBODY is championing post term abortions. Hysteria to the contrary is just that hysteria. (And yea it would take a graph or two to demonstrate that fact)

The other thing I would throw out there in this debate is policies I advocate and support ( Sex Education, Social safety nets, child-welfare, easy access to daycare, etc etc) do far more to lower abortion rates than the "Abstinence-Only They should have thought of that before having kids" crowd.

Again, why are they mutually exclusive?

Furthermore, I think if we delve into the specifics of your examples above we start running into vastly differing definitions.

For instance, we’ve seen the lefts definition of “sex education” in schools...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I must commend you all on your creativity this afternoon, well done. Doesn’t make you any less full of shit, but we’ll done.

Damn, you sure gave up fast today!
Hmmm, is it hot tub gala night at Grads??

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Just a few things the left has seen fit to attack.

The Church
Christmas
Guns
Our Heritage (the good AND the not so good parts)
Our international borders.
Route 66
Cool cars
Loud boats.
Thong bikinis.

(The last four, just a little comic relief :D)

500bbc

Reaction score

He wanted to blame the church for the tax exempt status, the Republican party has granted them. Hell, his party had full control for two years and did nothing about gun violence, Church tax issues, they don't want to solve the issue, the NEED the issue to divide and subjugate. I'm not even up to speed on who or how it got that way?

Tax exemption for churches goes back to the Romans.

500bbc

Reaction score
Menstruating?

Stop for a Midol break.

Fucking Idiot

500bbc

Reaction score

What I would argue is:

Just the people you vote for...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
How many black churches did you see Trump in and how many did you see HRC in during the '16 campaign?

The fallacy of claims towards the religious far right controlling the R party are more D lies. D's pander to the lower level masses in their places of worship far more.

I agree 100% on the tax code exceptions. One of the largest if not, the largest abuse of all is all the breaks religion gets.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

So kill Christians but idolize muslims. Got it

Aloha snackbar to everyone

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score
Why is it that you hate American organized religion so? ..........

Does this support for "American organized religion" include those Americans that practice Islam?

After all, they have only been here since the 14th century and been in what is now Arizona and New Mexico since the 16th century.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Does this support for "American organized religion" include those Americans that practice Islam?

After all, they have only been here since the 14th century and been in what is now Arizona and New Mexico since the 16th century.

Speaking strictly financially and addressing the topic of tax exemption, it’s my opinion that the CoS requires a closer look than every other established religion.

On the personal side, it is my opinion that, fundamentally speaking, Islam will destroy this Country.
I base this not on bias (although my bias does exist) but on observation of history and current happenings in Europe.
We can march out the old arguments of Christianity and crusades, and no one can deny the sex abuses of modern times, nor the occasional murderous crackpots from non Islam religions.
But he fact is that Islam is the “religion” that is bent on global domination through violence.
Always has been.
What is YOUR opinion?

You are quick to point out conflicts in others logic, but rarely ever post your opinions.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

I don't see any support for organized religion in my post. I asked why he has contempt. He attacked the Church because of something he perceived the Republican party did to allow their tax exempt status.

As WTG, says. All organized religions have their embarrassments. Islam, however is the only one that seeks global domination by any means possible. We can argue that fact but I believe history is the best witness of such. I have interacted in a meaningful way with the Wei-Wei and Ishkaryana peoples of Brazil. They were interacted with many many years ago with Christian missionaries. They simply were taught the word of God through peaceful interaction with essentially wild people. A more peaceful, happy, kind and gentle people you will never find.

I personally don't see Islam through that prism. Either conform or die. Granted thats the harshest fundamental form of Islam yet it exists in significant numbers. I'm sure you can find where a Christian religion has done the same, yet today, show me an example of that anywhere in America? or even the world?

When America, moves on a quest for global domination on behalf of the Catholics, Baptists or whatever religion, then we have equal footing with the status of Islam.

As I stated prior, I am not a religious individual. Never been to Church as a service. Only weddings and funerals. But this is intuitively obvious to see what is happening.

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Speaking strictly financially and addressing the topic of tax exemption, it’s my opinion that the CoS requires a closer look than every other established religion.

On the personal side, it is my opinion that, fundamentally speaking, Islam will destroy this Country.
I base this not on bias (although my bias does exist) but on observation of history and current happenings in Europe.
We can march out the old arguments of Christianity and crusades, and no one can deny the sex abuses of modern times, nor the occasional murderous crackpots from non Islam religions.
But he fact is that Islam is the “religion” that is bent on global domination through violence.
Always has been.
What is YOUR opinion?

You are quick to point out conflicts in others logic, but rarely ever post your opinions.
He does a lot of this
stir the pot.png

Hullbilly

Reaction score

Islam is not a religion oh was one...Religion just happens to be part of Islam. Perhaps if you knew much about anything outside of your little hate bubble you’d take time to know thy enemy