WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cheetah 22ft deck boat

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I know there was some talk about one I don’t have social media and I don’t see it listed on the website is there anyone that has some pics of it

Brobee

Reaction score
IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

This is the first one that I think they’re using as a demo rig. I saw a green one on Insta that went to a customer. I’d imagine it would be a great River boat.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Loo Dog

Reaction score
I saw on Cheetah’s FB page they rolled out the red carpet for RDP. Big Red broke the “2-week” protocol, I’ve been patiently waiting for this one. Is there a single outboard option in the works for this one, @RiverDave?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I saw on Cheetah’s FB page they rolled out the red carpet for RDP. Big Red broke the “2-week” protocol, I’ve been patiently waiting for this one. Is there a single outboard option in the works for this one, @RiverDave?

I bet you could 2 twins lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have no idea on the outboard option.. but I think it works better as an IO to maintain the swim step

Loo Dog

Reaction score
I have no idea on the outboard option.. but I think it works better as an IO to maintain the swim step
Fair enough, just thought they may want to compete with all the former Placecraft based 22-23’ decks on the market and offer the option. Most if not all of those can be configured jet, I/O or single whacker. With a deck boat front walk off, the rear offset walk thru could work well with a single OB. No crawling over the hatch either way.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Walk off, with a true swim step, seems they will be real busy with this model. I really hope the new Cheetah owners keep this going. The 22’ has been extremely popular the past few years, so i don’t see this being anything but a win.

attitude

Reaction score
How long have they been working on this? It didn’t seem that long ago Cheetah changed owners.

charred1

Reaction score
Man, this wildcat looks nice. Still kicking myself for not moving on a new 22’/23’ deck that a member here was building a few years ago. Almost a $30k price difference now.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I believe this 22 is a home run .
They are filling a gap that nobody else is. I might...might...go for a ride soon
If weekends line up with my coworker. He has a test drive coming soon.

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
How long have they been working on this? It didn’t seem that long ago Cheetah changed owners.
We took over the company in 2019, started working on the 22 in the beginning of 2020. Took us almost a year to get a finished product.

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
So what’s the price on this particular optioned boat?
The boat starts at 84,000 with the 6.2 HO 350hp. After the gator step flooring/stereo upgrades/under water lighting/ bimini top/ and extra aqua ladder and grab handles your grand total comes out to about 105k including tax.

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
Thoughts on the 22' handing Havasu chop?
There are so many different scenarios on how a boat handles chop but I will address the busy weekend chop. We have to remember for being a 22ft deck boat it doesn't have the length to just carry itself over larger chop/swells at any given speed. The 22 has a sweet spot of 25-40 mph in the middle of the lake before you find yourself needing to go 55 plus to stay on top of everything. It gives you the comfort of a bigger deck boat, but in a smaller package. It's extremely fun to drive, and looks amazing on the water. Once you get outside the lake everything changes and you don't have to worry about white caps and ferry waves. Middle of the lake is 7/10, river conditions is 10/10. This is in comparison to our larger 26 Wildcat and an array of boats 21ft-30ft I have been lucky enough to personally drive throughout the years.

Cheetah Kev

Reaction score
We built the boat for I/O or Jet. That way we can keep the full length swim platform. We wanted to offer something the other 22 deck boats in the market didn't which was a walk through and full length swim platform. We will also have the ability to add a swim platform extension which will turn this into a 24ft deck boat. I won't say never but unless you have the pull that 2forcefull does with us the chances are looking slim. If you're seriously wanting an outboard option come in and we can talk about what would need to happen and timelines.

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
There are so many different scenarios on how a boat handles chop but I will address the busy weekend chop. We have to remember for being a 22ft deck boat it doesn't have the length to just carry itself over larger chop/swells at any given speed. The 22 has a sweet spot of 25-40 mph in the middle of the lake before you find yourself needing to go 55 plus to stay on top of everything. It gives you the comfort of a bigger deck boat, but in a smaller package. It's extremely fun to drive, and looks amazing on the water. Once you get outside the lake everything changes and you don't have to worry about white caps and ferry waves. Middle of the lake is 7/10, river conditions is 10/10. This is in comparison to our larger 26 Wildcat and an array of boats 21ft-30ft I have been lucky enough to personally drive throughout the years.
Thank you!

The largest boats I've had is a 21' Warlock. I've always made it work in the chop but it would be nice for the boat to do some of the work lol.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
There Deck boats came a long ways and look sweet on the water but has the quality stepped up ? Definitely a good looking boat

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
We built the boat for I/O or Jet. That way we can keep the full length swim platform. We wanted to offer something the other 22 deck boats in the market didn't which was a walk through and full length swim platform. We will also have the ability to add a swim platform extension which will turn this into a 24ft deck boat. I won't say never but unless you have the pull that 2forcefull does with us the chances are looking slim. If you're seriously wanting an outboard option come in and we can talk about what would need to happen and timelines.
Thanks again Kev and Greg for taking care of the problems on the fast cat,... still haven't run it to see if there are any more problems...

so which 22 ride better??? big block, or small block???