WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chemical question skin burn

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
So my pool guy was here today. And ym sitting in the spa with my arm up in the edge. All of the sudden my arm starts burning I look down and its red and starting to blister. Wtf? I brush it off and it feels like it's got sand on it. I dunk it back into the water and let the jets blast at it for awhile and it's feeling better but still red. This is all over my deck around the spa.

IMG_20200703_194516185.jpg

I'm hoping it's just chlorine and not acid. Anyone have a clue what I should do at this point? Arm looks better but it was sitting there for 10 minutes ish before it started burning.

This is what it looks like now. Spolchy with some red dots but the burning stopped. Just wondering how serious I should take this.

IMG_20200703_195238143.jpg

I'm all for rubbing some dirt on it and continuing to drink myself stupid.

Last edited:

CobraDave

Reaction score
Could be Cyanuric Acid. Its a water conditioner that helps chlorine stay in the pool. Id just ask the pool guy though and keep the pump running with the returns going to the pool for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Could be Cyanuric Acid. Its a water conditioner that helps chlorine stay in the pool. Id just ask the pool guy though and keep the pump running with the returns going to the pool for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My arm was sitting on it exposed on the deck for ten minutes. Any concern?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Lmao

Completely said f it at this point 9% American beer happy fourth y'all.

707dog

Reaction score
Heard to let the dog pee on it takes the burning. Away... please report back

😂 just keep rinsing with cold water for a few minutes ( they say 15mins) I cant stand at the sink that damn long tho

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
So my pool guy was here today. And ym sitting in the spa with my arm up in the edge. All of the sudden my arm starts burning I look down and its red and starting to blister. Wtf? I brush it off and it feels like it's got sand on it. I dunk it back into the water and let the jets blast at it for awhile and it's feeling better but still red. This is all over my deck around the spa.

View attachment 895568

I'm hoping it's just chlorine and not acid. Anyone have a clue what I should do at this point? Arm looks better but it was sitting there for 10 minutes ish before it started burning.

This is what it looks like now. Spolchy with some red dots but the burning stopped. Just wondering how serious I should take this.

View attachment 895569

I'm all for rubbing some dirt on it and continuing to drink myself retarded
"DRINK MYSELF RETARDED" I'm definitely going to steal this phrase! 🤣🤣🤣