ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score

lbhsbz

Reaction score
E8526504-BF34-4804-94FD-EFAE86902586.jpeg

floatn turd

Reaction score
What do you the wager the price tag is on that bad boy?

franky

Reaction score
An article say $16,900 expected price. But thanks to Brandon, I'd expect it to double by the time it's ready to sell
Article I read said ".....with the 572 going for $16,305, this is expected to land north of that". It also says pump gas but with the compression ratio it would take to make that much HP on a single throttle body N/A engine I dont believe it. But that is a lot of cubes...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Curious as to what heads are on it, the look a little different than your average BBC aluminum offering.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Article I read said ".....with the 572 going for $16,305, this is expected to land north of that". It also says pump gas but with the compression ratio it would take to make that much HP on a single throttle body N/A engine I dont believe it. But that is a lot of cubes...
Maybe that's what I read

ElAzul

Reaction score

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Here is some more info including a little about the head design. Check out the torque curve too
Ports have gone symmetrical, no more factory Siamese layout. Aftermarket has been offering this for awhile.
Wonder if it retains the canted valves?

Last edited:

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Ports have gone symmetrical, no more factory Siamese layout. Aftermarket has been offering this for awhile.
Wonder if it retains the canted valves?
Pontiac heads for big block chevy have been symmetrical since 1983 I believe.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I would love to slide one of these into my crew cab dually. Then the question becomes keep the TH400 or go 4L80?

sintax

Reaction score
I would love to slide one of these into my crew cab dually. Then the question becomes keep the TH400 or go 4L80?

4l80 of course!

btw, what happened to the Burb, i noticed it hasnt been there the last couple of times i've been in town?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
btw, what happened to the Burb, i noticed it hasnt been there the last couple of times i've been in town?
I took it to my dads house and have been working on it, I actually drove it to carpool this morning for the first time in something like 3 years! Its back up and running. It needs a good cleaning and some air in the tires and probably an oil change, then I can continue fixing the little bs things

Nikwho

Reaction score
My guess is $22k-$25k. Would love to stick that in a few projects!

Nikwho

Reaction score
A real project? Or a simulated project?

😁

Sorry. I can't help myself sometimes! 😂
I would absolutely shoe horn that into multiple real projects, if I could afford it! I'm strongly considering letting one of my hot rods go, to fund the purchase of one of these for a very real project. I could never justify trying to afford more than one of these. But yes, strongly considering going this route with one of my projects.

69hondo

Reaction score
I want as well but the way I have been hurting engines lately I will need multiple. 😆 :eek:

Nikwho

Reaction score
While not QUITE as cool, I think that I'm going to buy this Blueprint 632" BBC short block and build it for my boat! I'd probably save $10,000 over the engine in this thread! But, I'd still have a 632" BBC!!! 🤘🏼 That otta get my light gullwing up and moving!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Curious as to what heads are on it, the look a little different than your average BBC aluminum offering.
they look like 8.1/496 heads, so maybe they got them from Raylar.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
While not QUITE as cool, I think that I'm going to buy this Blueprint 632" BBC short block and build it for my boat! I'd probably save $10,000 over the engine in this thread! But, I'd still have a 632" BBC!!! 🤘🏼 That otta get my light gullwing up and moving!

RPM’s are your friend in a jet. I would much prefer a shorter rod motor with higher RPM’s. Super easy nowadays to get 800+ hp on 500”-540”.

Just a thought...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I would absolutely shoe horn that into multiple real projects, if I could afford it! I'm strongly considering letting one of my hot rods go, to fund the purchase of one of these for a very real project. I could never justify trying to afford more than one of these. But yes, strongly considering going this route with one of my projects.

My comment was mostly a joke...

Did any of you guys actually Read the Fox article? Here, lemme help ya all out:

Chevrolet said a single engine was subjected to 200 simulated runs during development without issues.

So...

Is this single engine even an actual build? Is it real? Has it ever burned fuel?

What exactly IS a simulated run anyways? If they said 200 Dyno pulls, that might actually make more sense!

Or...

Did Fox News jump the shark?

Inquiring minds wanna know. 😉

Ricks raft

Reaction score

Chevrolet said a single engine was subjected to 200 simulated runs during development without issues.

So...

Is this single engine even an actual build? Is it real? Has it ever burned fuel?

What exactly IS a simulated run anyways? If they said 200 Dyno pulls, that might actually make more sense!

Or...

It says, “200 simulated drag strip runs on a dynometer”.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It says, “200 simulated drag strip runs on a dynometer”.

I quoted the article. Where exactly did you see what you quoted? Is there a different article somewhere?

Post the link if you have it. 👍🏼

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Post #19 has link

Got it.

Still lame IMHO. If someone said..

Ford built this Awesome new engine, and ONE survived 200 Dyno pulls, but has no real world testing yet?

You Chebby guys would laugh and laugh.

The end. 😁

bonesfab

Reaction score
They just scaled the ls platform to big block deck specks. Intake pattern look similar. Pretty bad ass piece.

bonesfab

Reaction score
A 540 ci. version for a flat bottom. A little more rpm.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Got it.

Ford built this Awesome new engine, and ONE survived 200 Dyno pulls, but has no real world testing yet?

The end. 😁

Not a “chebby” guy. I don’t buy new GM since the bailouts. the last new vehicle I bought in 2011 was a f150. I do buy used Chevy expresses for my business, I don’t like the euro vans by Ford, dodge. That said chevys V8’s are certainly cheaper to rebuild than Fords dohc V8.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Got it.

The end. 😁
Yore just jealous Ford’s new 7.3 doesn’t measure up. Must be a real let down.😁😂😂

lbhsbz

Reaction score

So...

Or...

A dyno (at least the ones GM has) can be set up to simulate conditions. We had 3 brake dynos at Stoptech and using acquired data from the track, we could duplicate on-track conditions and effectively see what the brakes would do lap after lap. That’s a “simulated” run.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yore just jealous Ford’s new 7.3 doesn’t measure up. Must be a real let down.😁😂😂

You got me! 😁😝

What was interesting was reading the actual article on GM's web site...

Did you guys see the valve LIFT spec on this thing? Holy hell. It's huge!

Wonder what the lobe center spec is. Should have one hell of a nasty idle. 😈

ElAzul

Reaction score
You got me! 😁😝

What was interesting was reading the actual article on GM's web site...

Did you guys see the valve LIFT spec on this thing? Holy hell. It's huge!

Wonder what the lobe center spec is. Should have one hell of a nasty idle. 😈
Its the unicorn 3/4 race cam with the 4,6 swap with super aggressive RV grind

Last edited: