WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chevy Dodge Ford - Debate is now over

hallett21

Reaction score
So I just found out my buddy was the one who did this dyno test. And yes they didn't believe at first and ran 3 separate Fords. Fords head design is superior, Cummins is still on very old tech and needs a new design. Ford is also air to water intercooled and they do not get hot as far as EGT's. I have seen so many Cummins with a melted down number 6 piston.
Stock or drag strip trucks?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@rivermobster post in this thread is a perfect example of what I have said. Trying to convince everyone ford is superior…

I didn't start this thread, nor did I run the tests!

I'm just trying to explain to the few people that don't understand how a Dyno works, why the test results ARE legit.

The test results confirm which truck is superior. I'm just trying to explain why.

😉

Sherpa

Reaction score
Chevy indirectly told me to fuck myself by not recalling the sending unit in my wife’s Astrovan
That had 9 revisions in our model year.
I bought a Toyota sienna.

Ford told me to fuck myself by not building a decent trans for the 7.3 running an E4OD.
I bought a Dodge 3500 Cummins.

I’ve never had to remove the cab to service my trans in the dodge..

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Really you can’t run paddles on a Dyno?

No shit Sherlock.

These guys all play games for bragging rights on Instagram.

But the point of the argument was to show that each truck can easily have different wheel horse power due to numerous things.

Besides which truck manufacturer doesn’t have enough power to tow pretty much anything you through at them? My 05 Dmax pulled 16k like nothing. Now trucks have double the power of that almost. They are all bad ass.
Throw *** :cool:

honestly I could care less what a dyno shows, use it to tune for best performance and run it.
If were being really honest Dave always has the best, fastest canned ham , fastest pontoon , and now strongest recycled can truck. To bad Will @Wmc doesn't have a dodge 😂🤣

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Ford owners...you tell them once, you tell them a 1000 times....

Another rigged test with a bunch of made up bullshit.

At some point a grenaded CP4 will do you in.

TVMNick

Reaction score
They are all insanely good trucks anymore. I'm currently running a 5th Gen HO Cummins and it tows extremely good, it really shines as you put more weight behind it. Unloaded its so damn slow you could flintstone a car past it though. The interior is awesome and I love the huge screen, the seats are extremely comfortable for me and I have great visibility out of the cab, and the factory stereo is the best I've ever had. The mirrors suck ass though, and I absolutely refuse to put them in ghost trailer mode so that makes them even worse.

I came from a 2018 Ford Platinum and that was also a great truck, super fast unloaded, rode great, amazing interior, amazing stereo. I really had zero complaints with that truck but I've owned nothing but Fords for over a decade so I decided to try something different. My guess is my next truck I will be going back to the Ford though.

No experience with the Chev's, I sat in the newest model and didn't really like how the seat hit the back of my legs and the visibility out of the cab was tough for me. Otherwise I've always heard good things.

They are all so good anymore you just pick a flavor and go run it!

JD D05

Reaction score
They very well could have been in the wrong gear with that 10 speed Ford trans
Screenshot_20220128-175934_Messages.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Meaning you shift it manually? Or lock it out of upshifting?

Power is power... whatever works :)

Both. But usually lock it in 4th or 5th. I don't like 6th towing personally. 75mph is still only like 2300. Saved my ass once to avoid an accident locked in 4th

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Many carmakers dumb-down their auto boxes with Range Select - you basically choose the highest gear it’ll go into, and it shifts automatically.

Gear Select is much preferred IMHO - I want total control of the actual gear it’s in.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Uh huh… the dyno proves it. Sure it does….

Then in comes the this test that begs to differ…….

I’ve done quite a bit of tractor pulling through the years. Sled pulling has no basis in judging a truck in head to head performance. Way to many variables to be exploited, etc. Number 1 variable is the driver.

A dyno is where it’s at. If you don’t like or believe the results then get your own dyno and run some tests yourself.

4Waters

Reaction score
Uh huh… the dyno proves it. Sure it does….

Then in comes the this test that begs to differ…….

If the chevy had 1000+ft/lbs they wouldn't allow their truck to be power braked in 4low either for fear of turning their axels into pretzels as well. There is a reason ford doesn't allow it, you can bet they broke and twisted shit while testing and probably why GM keeps their truck under 1000ft/lbs.

hallett21

Reaction score
I didn't start this thread, nor did I run the tests!

I'm just trying to explain to the few people that don't understand how a Dyno works, why the test results ARE legit.

The test results confirm which truck is superior. I'm just trying to explain why.

😉
The test results do not include an HO Cummins. Let’s at least have a fair test. My 2016 HO would place in the poster lineup.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Dynos don’t mean shit. I can’t believe we are having this discussion quarter mile times tells us what we need to know. So does the pull

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Looks like the Ford is 0.2 to 0.4 faster than the chebby. Big deal

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
When I bought my Allison, the durramax came with it. Plenty of power to pull everything I own.

Passes fords with broken transmissions like they’re standing still.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Dynos don’t mean shit. I can’t believe we are having this discussion quarter mile times tells us what we need to know. So does the pull
The pull doesn’t mean shit, Sir. If we can’t trust the dyno to mean shit then we are back around the campfire drinking a beer in a dick measuring contest.

I don’t have a dog in this fight at all, but just adding my 2 cents in where I believe them to be prudent.

spectras only

Reaction score
Dropped by my neighbour today. https://www.instagram.com/pointzero_fab/?hl=en

His PS Ford has 1400 ft pounds of TQ. It's a beast. He's got a Duramax engine next to a Ford diesel on the floor. The Duramax looks like a baby brother next to the Ford. Took pics of the Duramax OEM turbo and the aftermarket one on the engine.
He's got some massive turbos in his shop

Attachments

• 20220128_154955.jpg
    20220128_154955.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220128_155002.jpg
    20220128_155002.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211111_150800.jpg
    20211111_150800.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Personally I think they need to hook a loaded 40' toyhauler up and tow it from a dead stop at the bottom up Chiriaco summit, Cajon pass or the grapevine and see who's faster🤷‍♂️.

There is a very specific test for this. SAE J2807.

More here:

Dan'l

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’ve had all three brands of 2500’s. Cummins is my favorite hands down. Proven design and the nicest riding of the three.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Throw *** :cool:

honestly I could care less what a dyno shows, use it to tune for best performance and run it.
If were being really honest Dave always has the best, fastest canned ham , fastest pontoon , and now strongest recycled can truck. To bad Will @Wmc doesn't have a dodge 😂🤣

My can am was stock.. my boat is big and heavy.. and I have a steel Ford. Lol

You are batting a 1000

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
My can am was stock.. my boat is big and heavy.. and I have a steel Ford. Lol

You are batting a 1000
RR 195hp and you had a dynojet installed that morning. Who knows what was in there. I know, I gapped your ass left right and center. You're batting a 1001.
As JJ the Boss would say " much love to you"😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RR 195hp and you had a dynojet installed that morning. Who knows what was in there. I know, I gapped your ass left right and center. You're batting a 1001.
As JJ the Boss would say " much love to you"😂

Blah blah.. stripped down / race gas etc.. lol.

Icky

Reaction score

More here:

Dan'l
Thank you, I've never seen at before, looks like they put some thought into it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

More here:

Dan'l

You mean the same test they use to rate 1/2 ton truck tow ratings that the RDP towing experts believe aren’t possible 😂😂😂😂😂???

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not exactly.
This is for ¾ and one ton trucks.
Half tons need not apply.

Dan'l

Say that again please?

From the article about a half ton... -

For the first time, the trucks are compliant with the Society of Automotive Engineer’s (or SAE) J2807 standards. These figures set a new bar for the industry to beat.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Say that again please?

From the article about a half ton... -

For the first time, the trucks are compliant with the Society of Automotive Engineer’s (or SAE) J2807 standards. These figures set a new bar for the industry to beat.

If they are testing the same weight as a one ton, that's impressive. But are they?

On a side note, I wonder how the 3.5 Ecoboost performs under wide open throttle conditions, loaded, (12,500 lbs) up the same grade? Interesting for sure.

Dan'l

4Waters

Reaction score
Looks like the Ford is 0.2 to 0.4 faster than the chebby. Big deal
On a drag strip 0.2sec is the difference between putting it on the trailer and going home and going to the next round. Looks like chevy went home.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If they are testing the same weight as a one ton, that's impressive. But are they?

On a side note, I wonder how the 3.5 Ecoboost performs under wide open throttle conditions, loaded, (12,500 lbs) up the same grade? Interesting for sure.

Dan'l

All I know is that they are using that test as part of how they set the tow rating. A new F150 is not going to tow the same weight as a new 3/4 or 1 ton. My point is (and always has been) they use the same standardized testing to set the tow ratings of all the trucks, so if we are believing the tow ratings of a 1 ton and 3/4 ton, you are also believing the ratings for a 1/2 ton.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I’ve had all three brands of 2500’s. Cummins is my favorite hands down. Proven design and the nicest riding of the three.
Coils on all four corners. The system just works.

All three of these trucks brands will eventually need work. Working on a Ford or a Chevy is just extra hours for everything.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Wanna know how I know you don't own a Ford?

Shesh, what a sore looser! 😁

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
On a drag strip 0.2sec is the difference between putting it on the trailer and going home and going to the next round. Looks like chevy went home.
Where is our vin emoji 👍