WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chevy Suspension Gurus Report In

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Stats : 2021 Silverado High Country, totally factory.
Goal : Level it raising the front, maintain ride quality
I don’t want to use the “ cups “ at the top of the struts - you guys helped do this on my 16, but I can’t remember mfg / part number on the replacement shock that will bring the front up ( I took the struts off, replaced the shocks, back together w/ alignment ) sorry, hell getting old !!!! HELP - I know somebody can put me straight on this project

CLdrinker

Reaction score
3E0E2527-25F9-4B47-8DB3-9F7E8481FEAD.png
2500?

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I just want to bring the front to level, no lift

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Thanks !! That’s the information I’m looking for. Ordering front set tomorrow

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100 shocks - 0-2.5” front lift. Just set the spring perch where you want it for the desired lift

$440 for a set.
That with an upper arm would be fine. Ball joint angle starts getting Shity around 2”

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Thanks !! That’s the information I’m looking for. Ordering front set tomorrow
Run the Fox 2.0 Coilovers with 2.0 rear shocks. Worth the money over the Bilsteins. Also worth the money is ditching the shitty factory UCA's.

Xring01

Reaction score
If you just want to level it.
Cheapest/easiest route is the U Shaped brackets (29.99 - $49.99 on amazon) that mount under the bottom of the shock, in between the shock and the lower A- arm... That what I did.
For better towing I added the Fox 2.0 in the rear. I posted some on this on another thread.
67B08F03-CEA3-4371-BE3A-E8C4119FE388.jpeg
36E9BE45-550B-47A0-B79E-6A74C5861FA1.jpeg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
If you just want to level it.
Cheapest/easiest route is the U Shaped brackets (29.99 - $49.99 on amazon) that mount under the bottom of the shock, in between the shock and the lower A- arm... That what I did.
For better towing I added the Fox 2.0 in the rear. I posted some on this on another thread.
The under strut blocks with factory struts ride terrible. Bilstein 5100's with perch set to stock height combined with the blocks is a good way to go to level. Cheap good overall setup compared to coilovers.

Xring01

Reaction score
The under strut blocks with factory struts ride terrible. Bilstein 5100's with perch set to stock height combined with the blocks is a good way to go to level. Cheap good overall setup compared to coilovers.

Come on over, and I will let you drive it. As far as I am concerned, My truck rides better than 95% of the cars on the road.
Can you get a better ride for alot more $$$ absolutely. But there is a huge difference between want and a need.

My truck rides perfectly fine for me. If I needed at 3" lift because I moved back to Texas, and I lived on Ranch... yes, then I might need a 3" lift and better suspension.
For now. My truck puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I have never had a complaint about the ride quality. In fact, most people cant believe its 4x4 because it rides so smooth.

As I mentioned come on over, take it for a spin, a might even pour you glass of bourbon.

These 1/4 blocks under the shock do not change the factory ride at all.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Come on over, and I will let you drive it. As far as I am concerned, My truck rides better than 95% of the cars on the road.
Can you get a better ride for alot more $$$ absolutely. But there is a huge difference between want and a need.

My truck rides perfectly fine for me. If I needed at 3" lift because I moved back to Texas, and I lived on Ranch... yes, then I might need a 3" lift and better suspension.
For now. My truck puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I have never had a complaint about the ride quality. In fact, most people cant believe its 4x4 because it rides so smooth.

As I mentioned come on over, take it for a spin, a might even pour you glass or bourbon.
Ride is definitely subjective. Like exhaust. To me the ride on any GM struts with the spacer isn't that great. I have Halo Lifts coilovers on ours. All Eibach components. The ride is amazing compared to when I had the factory Rancho's and strut spacer.

If you are happy that is all that matters. I'm just letting OP know his options. As you said the strut spacer is the cheapest way to level.

Riverryder

Reaction score
kings and mazzulla only way to go for any GM product.

@Runs2rch what it’s rdp and it’s not my money? Haha well Chris got money from me for the 1500 not the 2500.
Mazzulla is the king when it comes to these things.

Last edited: