WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chevy suspension lift?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So i inherited a 2020 chevy 1500, just drove it back from North Dakota and was really surprised at how nice it drove and awesome mileage. big difference from my 1990 truck.
sucker got over 20 mpg and i was doing 80-85 almost the whole time.
but i just can't leave well enough alone and if i keep it. ( going to need a 3/4 or one ton) it needs a lift. nothing crazy, thinking enough to run 35" tires. whats out there? not looking for just crank up the torsion bars and it rides like shit but a good setup. also don't need full on desert racing stuff. its going to be street use daily driver. and a good shop in so cal to install it.

tempImage4FdsQC.png

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So i inherited a 2020 chevy 1500, just drove it back from North Dakota and was really surprised at how nice it drove and awesome mileage. big difference from my 1990 truck.
but i just can't leave well enough alone and if i keep it. ( going to need a 3/4 or one ton) it needs a lift. nothing crazy, thinking enough to run 35" tires. whats out there? not looking for just crank up the torsion bars and it rides like shit but a good setup. also don't need full on desert racing stuff. its going to be street use daily driver. and a good shop in so cal to install it.

View attachment 1001699 View attachment 1001699
SMP Fabrication in Burbank for the install. These trucks have coilovers up front. I'd do an upper arm and leveling coilover. A little trimming should fit 35's with that and will keep the nice ride.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

View attachment 1001699 View attachment 1001699
You'll probably lose that nice ride and mileage, but if you must, contact RVRKID.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I lifted my 2019 F150 with a BDS lift and fox shocks and it rides as good if not better then it did stock. I can roll through my neighborhood and not even slow down for the speed bumps.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I lifted my 2019 F150 with a BDS lift and fox shocks and it rides as good if not better then it did stock. I can roll through my neighborhood and not even slow down for the speed bumps.
BDS is about 10-12 weeks out just in case you are thinking that route.

badgas

Reaction score
The ride will never be as nice as stock and the MPG with 35's will be like 12 if you are lucky for stop and start daily city driving.

Nice coil overs will eat up bumps but that 80-85 on the hwy will not feel and handle like stock

But it will look goood : )

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Salinas tires garden grove and la habra they will take care of it pm me deal directly with owner

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Buddy has the same truck and did the simple lift from icon and it rides great still and was an easy install his lead time was about 3 weeks but we are in Temecula by them so maybe thats why.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Buddy has the same truck and did the simple lift from icon and it rides great still and was an easy install his lead time was about 3 weeks but we are in Temecula by them so maybe thats why.

The challenge with Icons is digressive valving.

Small bump compliance will never be as good a Fox or King, who use linear valving, so they won’t ride as smooth.

But a benefit is that they’ll handle a bit better on the street, due to reduced body roll.

Good info here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
The challenge with Icons is digressive valving.

Small bump compliance will never be as good a Fox or King, who use linear valving, so they won’t ride as smooth.

But a benefit is that they’ll handle a bit better on the street, due to reduced body roll.

Good info here:

Bingo!! Always a give and take when it comes to valving and suspension. Hard to say who would notice the true difference on the typical pavement princess trucks.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
If you decide to sell it I would be interested, please let me know.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Someone on here dropped a burgundy 4wd and it looked great, can’t think of who it was though.

Backlash

Reaction score
Cognito makes a decent bolt on kit that will allow you to run larger tires, but it is NOWHERE near the quality of products that Chris Mazzula or Ryan Kibbe put out. But you're comparing apples to cantaloupes at that point, so...... Dan said he didnt need anything for the desert, so it sounds like a simple bolt-on kit is what he's after.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Does Camburg or Total Chaos make kits for the Chevy or Ford half tons? That would be pretty sick to to uniball uppers with some Kings [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
How did you inherit it? Just being nosey.

Backlash

Reaction score
Does Camburg or Total Chaos make kits for the Chevy or Ford half tons? That would be pretty sick to to uniball uppers with some Kings [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TC makes upper uniball kits for many trucks, including Chevrolet Silverados. Their bread and butter is Toyotas though. Matt, Nicole and the crew make nice pieces and their products are race proven! 😉

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Save some $ to re-gear it. You may get the mpg back up to the 17 range. It will be interesting to see how the 10 speed tranny helps the mpg with bigger tires, its typically more the in town driving that pulls you down.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Bilstein 6112's, rear 5100's, upper control arms, wheels and tires of your choice.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Save some $ to re-gear it. You may get the mpg back up to the 17 range. It will be interesting to see how the 10 speed tranny helps the mpg with bigger tires, its typically more the in town driving that pulls you down.

yeah thats a given

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Depends on budget.

Upper arms from Baja Kits, Mazulla,Dirt king,Camburg and a 2" block in the rear matched up with some 2.5 kings. If you are selling it in 6 months leave it alone as the combo isn't cheap.

The ride is 100x better than stock. My 2020 6.2 on 35's just got 14 mpg towing a loaded car trailer from so cal to utah and back.

The newer trucks with 3:42 gears and 8-10 speed transmissions don't have a gearing issue. If its a 10 speed they flat out rip.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Had it at a full 3"plus height with 1" custom leafs but didn't like the look or ride at that height. Drives better than stock by quite a bit. 2.5 in in front, stock rear height with 35s on 17" wheels.

Brenthal Industries/Baja Kits arms with King Coilovers and remote reservoirs all the way around.

20190724_180837.jpg

20190829_180034.jpg

20210314_093230.jpg

20210314_084327.jpg

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
One thing to consider: uniballs need maintenance and can make noise.

Icon has a delta joint that’s sealed (and has a zerk), and sort of splits the difference between a uniball and a ball joint [emoji106]

I’ve got 40k miles, beat on my truck more than most, and no issues so far. Just put a squirt of grease into the zerk when I do it for all the other zerks.

Riverryder

Reaction score
MAZZULLA! If you own a Chevy and don’t know the company start researching. Chris is a mad man! Started with the cat eyes and has been copied by a lot of company’s but never can replicate.
I have a 18 with billet upper with kings front and back.

don’t lift it tho. Lowerin shackle and some rims and call it good. So you don’t lose mpg! I get 14ish. Use to get 25 like you

pronstar

Reaction score
MAZZULLA! If you own a Chevy and don’t know the company start researching. Chris is a mad man! Started with the cat eyes and has been copied by a lot of company’s but never can replicate.
I have a 18 with billet upper with kings front and back.

don’t lift it tho. Lowerin shackle and some rims and call it good. So you don’t lose mpg! I get 14ish. Use to get 25 like you

I wish either Mazzulla or Kibbetec made an LT setup for my 2015 4WD…that shit is super Gucci and I fucking love it

Riverryder

Reaction score
@pronstar they will make anything if you want to pay for it haha. I don’t think LT is worth it for 4wd to many moving parts then you run into cv issues.
My upper and coil over does plenty for me without doing a cage and stuff which I’m wanting to do.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
What about running what the factory Trail Boss trucks run? Factory ride and quality, and the take-off wheels and tires can be had for dirt cheap - like $1200 a set with less than 5000 miles on the tires usually.

pronstar

Reaction score
@pronstar they will make anything if you want to pay for it haha. I don’t think LT is worth it for 4wd to many moving parts then you run into cv issues.
My upper and coil over does plenty for me without doing a cage and stuff which I’m wanting to do.

If I can get a solid 12” or 13” of travel, I’d be happy.

Honestly, I don’t really need LT here in TX, I just want it LOL
Keep the stick look with body color glass.

Something like this will be perfect

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If I can get a solid 12” or 13” of travel, I’d be happy.

Honestly, I don’t really need LT here in TX, I just want it LOL
Keep the stick look with body color glass.

Something like this will be perfect

Call LSK. If they dont have a 4wd kit, Im pretty certain they have one in works.

pronstar

Reaction score
Call LSK. If they dont have a 4wd kit, Im pretty certain they have one in works.

Thanks! Im leaning toward Dirt King, but need to save up a few pennies first. We’re currently flat-out with projects at our house.

But one of those projects is a 3-car steel garage with a lift…so I can install needless crap on my cars [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk