WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Child Support For Inmates

JJK94

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ob...ent-rules-for-prisoners/ar-AAiWfvv?li=BBnb7Kz

As the first black president of a nation that incarcerates a disproportionately large number of black and Latino men, Obama has made it a priority to address problems that make it difficult for released inmates to reenter society.

A White House official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the new rules are not final, expressed confidence they would be completed before Obama leaves office.

The rules would require that prisoners be allowed to lower the amount of child support they pay in prison, with the goal of preventing large debts that inmates struggle to repay after release and that can lead to reincarceration.

Reaction score
This is brilliant! My youngest son is 11 and there's nothing more that I'd like to do than cut the Ex out of the child support that she never spends on him. Just this year...new deck and patio, $4,000 fridge, 3 remodeled baths and kitchen, new carpet top to bottom....it goes on....and she's paying cash. There's no accountability for the recipient, it's a fucking ATM.

I need to find a way to get my ass locked up for 7 years.....:thumbsup

Backlash

Reaction score
Man don't wish to be locked up! I know you're 5150 and all but let's not lose our damn minds!! :D

My ex was getting more a month than what I was earning. I had to go back to court twice to get that reduced. Frigging frustrating. And her dumbass was sporting a brand new BMW 5 series compliments of her newfound fiance. The bitch judge wouldn't take into consideration that he was supporting her and refused to initially honor my request for a reduction. I couldn't catch a break AT ALL.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Oh the child support system is totally fucked up. When my girlfriend and I split up for a few months I was looking at it and using the estimator for it and saw the ridiculous amount of money I'd have to give her even though custody was 50/50. Just rediculous!

Backlash

Reaction score
You can't do much CT when there are outside influences. ;)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You can't do much CT when there are outside influences. ;)

Understood...I have had a lot of friends get absolutely hammered.

The worst ones were always the long term multi kid marriages where the wife didn't work or worked part time doing hair or something for fun.

Child support is one thing but alimony is a crock of shit. I understand a couple years to get on your feet and get educated so your employable and self sufficient. Paying them forever and then they just never get remarried is bull shit.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I know a plumber that went from having 17 guys working for him to living out of his truck because of child support...

he had about 6 bad months in 2008( who didn;t?) went back to court to try and make a deal to change his amount paid as he was losing money... nope, so what did they do? pulled his contractor lic, business lic and drivers lic.

Backlash

Reaction score
That sux. If I hadn't been able to crash at my parents pad for a bit, I would have been homeless.