Xring01

Reaction score
E8AFD1C7-CA3D-4A44-9D86-6415B9B92BD2.jpeg
2F65355B-3247-4AAA-94F1-D886CE51C0E9.jpeg
3DB0CA65-7A27-40F3-BCA1-B49C58BFEB7A.jpeg
3B7C9914-E225-4E93-BD45-427D42E9CD68.jpeg
5E6FE09E-42F7-4746-AA96-5D7D20996A28.jpeg

Its on the smoker,,,
Just a smoking away, for a couple hours..

Enough said, dropped the mic!

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Chili looks good. I haven’t made it on my green egg yet. Gonna try that. But those bloodys look delicious

Xring01

Reaction score
Chili looks good. I haven’t made it on my green egg yet. Gonna try that. But those bloodys look delicious

Bloodys are becoiming a Sunday Football tradition.

My wife and I play Fantasy Football in the same league...

So , bloodys kick off the afternoon games, as I am starting dinner on the smoker..

Chili, cornbread on the smoker, is a mighty fine meal..

Well my smoker is Weber Summit, is practically an outdoor oven...

Smoked at 200 for 3 hours, added about 12 unlight coals, 15 minutes later it was at 395.. thru on the cornbread for 15 minutes...

It was time to eat

Xring01

Reaction score
Thinking I need some Chili for dinner tonight..

Dust the cobwebs off this recipe and do again...

If I have any left overs... then I will make some of my texas style enchiladas in a day or two...

Yep decision has been made.. making a big batch.. need some left overs...

Enchiladas... now i have another great idea..

Everyone loves chili dogs... what about chili hotlinks... try this for my next poker night. With ice cold modelos...

Time for grocery store run..

Xring01

Reaction score
19B2FA34-0663-4293-BCDE-5B4ED5EEC15C.jpeg
6EFB2094-2A53-4368-A803-11963D6B5AA6.jpeg
A8D5F13B-2244-4874-B025-5A6854A9C673.jpeg
Okie dokie...
Similar asthe above recipe.... buuuutttttttttt..

1.5lbs ground beef.
I package 12oz jimmy dean pork sausage... those plastic tubes...at the store...
About .5..75lbs of left over smoked brisket brisket....

About to go on the smoker.

So clarify how I do this.
I basically get started in the kitchen..
Cooked the ground beef/pork, while thats cooking, I start chopping of onions, garlic, jalepenos, etc etc...

When the meat is done, I drain most of the fat, put all the cooked meat in a foil pan... (bigger batch than normal, using a big foil pan today) then I cook all the chopped onions, jalepenos for about 7-8 minutes, then I add 2 cans of diced maters, tomatoe pasted, and the spices that I use on chili...

Try to get is 90% of the flavor I want... put all of that in the foil pan with the meat...

Then I put that foil pan on the smoker.....

About an hour into the smoke, I taste test it, and add the spices it needs...

I hope to keep the smoker 225 - 275... temp really isnt all that important, just want a slow simmer, and lots of smoke...

Ohhh almost forgot... using chunks of mesguite today.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Made Chili last night and modified some of the ingredients. Again, I rarely duplicate a recipe. But this is pretty much what I did last night. Chorizo may be a in all my future Chilis.

2lbs Meat Ground Beef or (Smoked Brisket, Tri Tip)

1lb of Ground Chorizo or breakfast sausage. Chorizo is better

1 Large Onion – Diced small

½ Onion diced large

2 tbsn Minced Garlic

2-4 Jalapenos- pending the size and heat level you want Remove Seeds and Dice

12 Oz Tomato Paste

2 -3 Cups Beef Broth

2 – 15oz Cans of Diced Tomatoes

1 Tbsn Butter

Spices

¼ -3/8 Cup Chili Powder – Pending the potency of your Chili Powder.. Some are hotter than others.

2 Tsp Black Pepper, Brown Sugar (1 Tbsp), 2 tsp Garlic pwder, 2tsp Cumin, 3 tsp Onion Powder, 3-4 tsp Paprika, 2 tsp Oregano or Cilantro to taste.
NOTE: I dont measure shit when I cook. I just know. So this is my best guessimate of what I do. All spices are different, so you have to use you own judgement. One brand may have higher flavors than other brands... start small and add later.

Yes you can add beans if you want, this recipe can handle 2 Cans of cooked beans.. I prefer my Chili without beans....

In a Pot, Brown the Meat, set meat aside, pour out most of the grease, add butter and the Diced onion, Diced Jalapenos and garlic, Sauté for 5-7 Minutes over medium heat. Add Meat, diced tomotes Add Spices, Tomato Paste. Give it a good stir.

Add this point add the beef broth, and add the amount that you want, to get the thickness of the chili you want.
Turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. adjust your spices to the amount you like

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Made Chili last night and modified some of the ingredients. Again, I rarely duplicate a recipe. But this is pretty much what I did last night. Chorizo may be a in all my future Chilis.

2lbs Meat Ground Beef or (Smoked Brisket, Tri Tip)

1lb of Ground Chorizo or breakfast sausage. Chorizo is better

1 Large Onion – Diced small

½ Onion diced large

2 tbsn Minced Garlic

2-4 Jalapenos- pending the size and heat level you want Remove Seeds and Dice

12 Oz Tomato Paste

2 -3 Cups Beef Broth

2 – 15oz Cans of Diced Tomatoes

1 Tbsn Butter

Spices

¼ -3/8 Cup Chili Powder – Pending the potency of your Chili Powder.. Some are hotter than others.

2 Tsp Black Pepper, Brown Sugar (1 Tbsp), 2 tsp Garlic pwder, 2tsp Cumin, 3 tsp Onion Powder, 3-4 tsp Paprika, 2 tsp Oregano or Cilantro to taste.
NOTE: I dont measure shit when I cook. I just know. So this is my best guessimate of what I do. All spices are different, so you have to use you own judgement. One brand may have higher flavors than other brands... start small and add later.

Yes you can add beans if you want, this recipe can handle 2 Cans of cooked beans.. I prefer my Chili without beans....

In a Pot, Brown the Meat, set meat aside, pour out most of the grease, add butter and the Diced onion, Diced Jalapenos and garlic, Sauté for 5-7 Minutes over medium heat. Add Meat, diced tomotes Add Spices, Tomato Paste. Give it a good stir.

Add this point add the beef broth, and add the amount that you want, to get the thickness of the chili you want.
Turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. adjust your spices to the amount you like
Anyone that knows beans about chili....😉
I like that you are doing 2 different cut sizes on onions.
I add a couple Anaheim chili or Hatch if I’m season.
Can there be too many chilies in Chili?

and damnit you just made me hungry.
We usually do our first pot of the year for Halloween. Might modify that this year.