WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

China Buffet - An intro for the newbies and refresher for the inmates

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So it says that it was near del taco and in n out. I believe in n out is the only thing still there? What is now where China buffet was?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
You should read my 'Emergency stop on Hwy 1 near San Quintín with no TP' story.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Never disappoints!!!!!

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I am in tears, thank you for this.

Back in the mid to late 2000s when we would come to race at the Jet Ski Finals, our racer friends from Greece would go out on their own and eat at random places. They ate there, and had the same experience. Not good when you are trying to race a Jet Ski.

Lumpy

Reaction score
LOL!!! Just read it again and Im dying 🤣 Never gets old!

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
One mans journey to Epicurean delight 😂

a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink) "a hedonic thrill"; "lives of unending hedonistic delight"; "epicurean pleasures" displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
You could just change the name to "Hokkaido" = the new Chinese buffet = old Golden Corral, it's hit or miss either way you will know in about 43 minutes after your first bite.....lol

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I just read this again and had to stop and laugh my ass off after each sentence in the middle there. If you want a good laugh or need a good laugh, here you go. 🤣🤣🤣

Post in thread 'Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions'
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/food-in-havasu-daves-opinions.65487/post-960582

Definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of RDP threads along with Deckboat at foxes, and Hammer and Pink Taco sighting.

Your "cock-a-mole on her face-a-dilla" comment is still my favorite of all time.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
That's still funny till this day...
dumb-and-dumber-jeff-daniels.gif

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Thanks. That remains funny as hell. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago. Throughout those years we've found RD's food recommendations to usually be spot on. Not all that much has changed over those years. Our solids remain; Juicy's, Rusty's, Peggy's Sunrise, Tavern 95 and La Vita Dolce. Dolce to Go is also good for delivery food. Juicy's is for sale. No longer see the owner when we eat there. Their menu remains huge. It was interesting to read through the posts after Dave's China Buffet Adventure. We still miss the Sandbar Burgers. No one has filled that slot. For years our go to for Mexican was Sonora Marisco. Felt they were actually better when they were up on Kiowa. It's not Havasu, but some of the best Mex was at Mi Tierra, 95 and Riverside Drive - Parker Strip. Heard they changed owners. Was looking forward to The Foundry, old Mud Sharks. Believe it was going to be more of a steaks and sea food type of deal. Same owners. But, they never opened and the place is for sale. The Breakwater Grill on the south side of town, old Rod's Steakhouse, is making a good run. Found their food to be pretty good. Nice people. We like Chinese, but haven't found anything good in Havasu. Golden Pheasant was a disappointment. Shogun is good. Their Happy Hour apps are a good deal. Have not seen any mention here about the Thai place by RDP Reality. We've haven't tried it. Can only imagine how extremely tough it must be to make a buck today in the restaurant business. Continue to enjoy RD's words on the local restaurants. But, I must remember, he was the guy who selected The China Buffet!! Lol.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
When I first read this I couldn’t get through it, I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to pass out. The funniest damn thing I’ve ever came across. Solid write up RD.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That was legendary.....RD was a perfect place when crafting that story...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Thanks. That remains funny as hell. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago. Throughout those years we've found RD's food recommendations to usually be spot on. Not all that much has changed over those years. Our solids remain; Juicy's, Rusty's, Peggy's Sunrise, Tavern 95 and La Vita Dolce. Dolce to Go is also good for delivery food. Juicy's is for sale. No longer see the owner when we eat there. Their menu remains huge. It was interesting to read through the posts after Dave's China Buffet Adventure. We still miss the Sandbar Burgers. No one has filled that slot. For years our go to for Mexican was Sonora Marisco. Felt they were actually better when they were up on Kiowa. It's not Havasu, but some of the best Mex was at Mi Tierra, 95 and Riverside Drive - Parker Strip. Heard they changed owners. Was looking forward to The Foundry, old Mud Sharks. Believe it was going to be more of a steaks and sea food type of deal. Same owners. But, they never opened and the place is for sale. The Breakwater Grill on the south side of town, old Rod's Steakhouse, is making a good run. Found their food to be pretty good. Nice people. We like Chinese, but haven't found anything good in Havasu. Golden Pheasant was a disappointment. Shogun is good. Their Happy Hour apps are a good deal. Have not seen any mention here about the Thai place by RDP Reality. We've haven't tried it. Can only imagine how extremely tough it must be to make a buck today in the restaurant business. Continue to enjoy RD's words on the local restaurants. But, I must remember, he was the guy who selected The China Buffet!! Lol.
The Thai place near RDP Realty is good. Never had a bad dish there ourselves.

Ol Man

Reaction score
Excellent story telling. Remember when Dave first posted.