WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chipotle*** No cash accepted ???

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost but over the Holiday the group was saying that Chipotle does not accept cash any more, so I looked it up and sure enough "NO CASH" accepted, seriously ??? I used to make fun of my kids because they would pay for stuff like that with a card, now it looks like I have to do the same WTF. I dont usually carry a card with me, always have paid cash for little amounts ..
Dosent matter here in Havasu because I avoid the location they are in anyways, to crowded and no parking!!!
The future is here I guess.
NSF

hallett21

Reaction score
Makes sense. You no longer have delays from making change, no counterfeit, no employee theft, no more brinks trucks.

Raising their prices 3% is no big deal. I bet they only pay 1% considering how big they are.

They’re a publicly traded company so they aren’t hiding the cash.

badgas

Reaction score
Knotts Berry Farm went cashless over a year ago. I know some business owners ( especially restaurants) that really wish they could go cashless but they don't want to piss off customers. Lot's of loss when when it comes to cash due to theft, mistakes etc.

I was buying a braclet from a jewler in the Cerritos mall for a Chrismas gift and the owner said he would rather not take cash when I asked. He was robbed last year and the criminals walked away with over $100K in cash and jewelry. He said the cops did very little and all the mall wanted was their $10K lease payments while he was rebuilding his shop for two months.

Poeple spend WAY more with plastic and low friction payment methods like apple and google pay than they do with cash so it helps the business.

Places like chipotle and mcdonalds don't care if they piss off a few customers. They serve dog crap food that no one really likes anyway. People only eat fast food because they are in a hurry and the location happens to be right in their path.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Cash in hand has more value then a credit card. Dollar for dollar they are the same. When you hand over cash, there is a pause to consider value. When you pass plastic, it's for what you want. It's just numbers on paper. You'll deal with the balance later. Consumer debt is a trillion dollar business. If you can only spend what cash you have in your hand, you eliminate that business. We are on the path to all digital money transactions. At that point you'll be told what you can and can't spend your money on by people that think they know better. My entire life, I've been told that they would never do this or that because it's to help you, make your life better but, it doesn't. The other day my Credit Card wouldn't work in the machine and it's invitational. What do you do when you can't be responsible for your own well being and have to beg a stranger for help?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Chipotle by me has a drive-thru lane that’s for online order pickups only.

Can’t order anything.
Can pay for anything.
Just drive up, ask for your food, and go.

I like it.

81406637-40E6-4669-9FAE-54CD6F9A36C5.png

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Years ago I was HUNGRY and went to Baja Fresh for lunch, all I had was a credit card and the machine was broken, so they would not give me my food that was sitting there.

As a side note the machine did not work for the older latino next to me either, but they gave him his food anyway.

Racist fucks.

Cash would have fed me that day, being brown was not an option.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The Chipotle by me has a drive-thru lane that’s for online order pickups only.

Can’t order anything.
Can pay for anything.
Just drive up, ask for your food, and go.

I like it.

View attachment 1184119

Some Starbucks are like that also, no cash register, it's basically a kitchen. Pretty nice, you just show up and your food is ready to go. The next best things are those touch screen Kiosks at Mickey D's.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Some Starbucks are like that also, no cash register, it's basically a kitchen. Pretty nice, you just show up and your food is ready to go. The next best things are those touch screen Kiosks at Mickey D's.

Those things at McDonalds take longer to operate than telling the person at the counter what you want. 🤣.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I just don't understand how hard it is to have cash for your purchases. These plastic, apple and electronic paying people are playing right into big brothers hands. Cash Lives Matter.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I just don't understand how hard it is to have cash for your purchases. These plastic, apple and electronic paying people are playing right into big brothers hands. Cash Lives Matter.
Lol you should have seen the look of the guy trying to pay at the gas station at Smiths in cash after the attendant window closed on Christmas Eve. The islands were only open. Sometimes carrying a card gets you out of a bind.
Sorry if this is a repost but over the Holiday the group was saying that Chipotle does not accept cash any more, so I looked it up and sure enough "NO CASH" accepted, seriously ??? I used to make fun of my kids because they would pay for stuff like that with a card, now it looks like I have to do the same WTF. I dont usually carry a card with me, always have paid cash for little amounts ..
Dosent matter here in Havasu because I avoid the location they are in anyways, to crowded and no parking!!!
The future is here I guess.
NSF

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Years ago I was HUNGRY and went to Baja Fresh for lunch, all I had was a credit card and the machine was broken, so they would not give me my food that was sitting there.

As a side note the machine did not work for the older latino next to me either, but they gave him his food anyway.

Racist fucks.

Cash would have fed me that day, being brown was not an option.
You should have destroyed the store. LOL

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
No cash doesn’t bother me, I use my debit card 99.9 percent of the time anyhow. I hate loose change, I’d rather you round up or down than deal with coins.

That being said, Chipotle sucks anyhow. Bland ass food. 🤮

JBZ

Reaction score
Already don’t eat at Chipotle due to the tax put on the toilet after eating anything from there but this adds another reason to the list.

Make sure you take your card and Chipotle away

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
100%. These younger folks seem to think this digital world is the cat's mow but they didn't get to live in a free world being so young. So glad I'm looking down the other side of the mountain!!! Do you younger guys want big brother to know down to the penny what you have?????????

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
100%. These younger folks seem to think this digital world is the cat's mow but they didn't get to live in a free world being so young. So glad I'm looking down the other side of the mountain!!! Do you younger guys want big brother to know down to the penny what you have?????????
My grand daughter and her friends thinks cash is stupid. It's dirty and you can lose it. Even more, they don't care what information is shared with who, for what. What they don't understand is that information can be used against you in a negative way. I like to live under the radar. Most of my money goes into a blind trust. Almost all of my properties go into a land trust. If you come into my house, I'll tell you to mind your own fucking business. Full discloser is dangerous.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Those things at McDonalds take longer to operate than telling the person at the counter what you want. 🤣.
Went to the local McDonald's about a year or so ago and the young lady was encouraging customers to try the new kiosk machines. I obliged and as she is showimg me how to use it I looked at her and said " you know this is your replacement". She just looked at me like a deer in headlights and then mumbled "I didn't think of that".

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
No cash doesn’t bother me, I use my debit card 99.9 percent of the time anyhow.
DEBIT CARD???? I sure hope you don't keep lots of money in that account. OR you meant credit card.

I went to Lazy Dog for lunch yesterday and paid the bill with my watch for the first time. Pretty crazy.. lol
Their Beer club is good, and the 6 dinners for the price of 5 are delicious - they look like TV Dinners but made from their menu. My wife and I split the meal. With a salad.... plenty of food. I am normally a Coors Light drinker, but have experienced taste buds with the beer club beers.

retaocleg

Reaction score
no skimming that way.......teens gonna have to evolve to get their "bonuses"

JFMFG

Reaction score
Last 2 times at chipotle by my house wife has got sick. Coincidence I don’t think so…. We’ve stopped going.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
The divide between corporations and private businesses will continue to get wider. Digital makes a lot of sense for a faceless borg of a business run by bureaucrats incentivized by fractions of increases in operating profit and working capital.

I recently had the best lunch in a small town in Tenessee. Homemade Meatloaf, steamed fresh vegetables, scalloped potatoes, and cornbread. The meal was served hot and quickly, and the service was terrific. However, it was built for its environment of a small rural town and not scalable enough to satisfy a hungry publicly traded corporation focused on shareholder value. I pondered why that experience was so unique and assumed it was because consumer demand for cheap, quick, and consistent overshadowed the value of a quality, well-balanced meal. In that rural town, the meal quality kept the locals coming back.

The big question is, will consumers sacrifice their corporate death burgers for entrepreneurship family-run businesses? Doubtful.

I'm not convinced there is some underlying conspiracy in a cashless transaction regarding a corporation. It is simply a reaction to the forces that drive that type of business. There is a reason we have fast-food companies on every corner in suburbia; demand.

Maybe pack a lunch?

I work for a publicly traded global corporation. There is some truth to comments made by politicians that corporations are evil. Evil comes from a culture of "Share Holder Value," being the most important mission statement.

You should only trade with businesses that share your core values. I don't think anyone here shares values with Chipotle. Last I checked, Salmonella was not in demand.

Let's not forget we raised these next generations that have shifted their values. We can thank ourselves for these changes we may not like.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
I won't patronize places that don't take cash, just out of principle.

I won't use a CC for bullshit purchases like buying a fuckin burrito or a beer.
You and me both, I can do without their food
NSF

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The gov. war on cash is real... there mostly after the drug dealers, and cash workers that don't claim their earnings, all the while there familys collect every gov assistance there is,... look at it this way,,,... sure they say inflation is only 3-5%... but lets say you have a million in 100's... that money lost 50% in buying power, so now it's more like 500k.... now add the problem trying to spend it...for most of my life I've had a pile of cash,... not any more... spent every dime.... with out cash home invasion is gonna come to a hault... same with mugging and other robbers... some one takes your credit card, you can dispute the charges.... some one takes your cash, you're SOL... my wife gives me a hundered allowance..... not paying cash I still have it at the end of the week... when I had my clothing stores the clerks would pocket cash and put it as a refund,... I always said, it's not if they are gonna steal...it's when and how much...

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I thought they had to accept cash. It kinda says it on the money.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
now add the new cell phone generation,... kids can't do basic math with out electronics... how many times have you paid a bill thats' $20.06, you give them a $100.06 thinking you won't get a bunch of coins,.... lol... that'll hold up the line and have everybody thinking,.. why can't he just use an ATM card...

hallett21

Reaction score
You think there’s more time wasted with younger people trying to give back the correct change?

Or

Is there more time wasted with older people counting out 58 cents in dimes, nickels and pennies out of their coin purse on their $23.58 tab.

😁🤣

bonesfab

Reaction score
You think there’s more time wasted with younger people trying to give back the correct change?

Or

Is there more time wasted with older people counting out 58 cents in dimes, nickels and pennies out of their coin purse on their $23.58 tab.

😁🤣
Or writing the paper check in the grocery check out line.

bonesfab

Reaction score
The gov. war on cash is real... there mostly after the drug dealers, and cash workers that don't claim their earnings, all the while there familys collect every gov assistance there is,... look at it this way,,,... sure they say inflation is only 3-5%... but lets say you have a million in 100's... that money lost 50% in buying power, so now it's more like 500k.... now add the problem trying to spend it...for most of my life I've had a pile of cash,... not any more... spent every dime.... with out cash home invasion is gonna come to a hault... same with mugging and other robbers... some one takes your credit card, you can dispute the charges.... some one takes your cash, you're SOL... my wife gives me a hundered allowance..... not paying cash I still have it at the end of the week... when I had my clothing stores the clerks would pocket cash and put it as a refund,... I always said, it's not if they are gonna steal...it's when and how much...
Home invasions won't stop. There are other valuables in the home besides cash. Food, jewelry and electronics. How about we eliminate criminals and keep the cash.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Home invasions won't stop. There are other valuables in the home besides cash. Food, jewelry and electronics. How about we eliminate criminals and keep the cash.
you mean like put them in jail when they get caught???? costs too much to feed them so they let them go...

bonesfab

Reaction score
you mean like put them in jail when they get caught???? costs too much to feed them so they let them go...
No like if there wrap sheet is more than one page long they get a dirt nap on the spot. enough is enough. Lashawn with his 64 arrest is not going to become a productive member of society all the sudden. Plus all of his offspring we are paying for?? It has to end somewhere.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I have all of my CC's loaded into my wallet app on my phone. It's fast and easy.. Why is a plastic credit card or debit card so much better than digital? I have had my Debit Card info stolen multiple times when getting gas, thieves put card readers on the gas pumps then steal your info. Then the bank calls, then they issue you a new card, then you wait for the new card. Then you have to go over all of your Payee's that you assigned that card to and change it to the new card. It's old technology. I try to keep cash in my wallet just for tipping food servers, that's it. Everything else comes from my phone's wallet app. Boarding pass-phone, Geico proof of insurance-phone, US parks pass-phone, Amex-phone etc... I really need a Ridge wallet and get rid of my big leather wallet, it's time. You know what's a big pain in the ass? Constantly going to ATMs to pull cash out.

Reactions: C-2

badgas

Reaction score
In the 80's when I worked in retail cash registers "made" change for you. When did that stop ?

If tou are saying that kids can't "count" change then we have much bigger issues

hallett21

Reaction score
In the 80's when I worked in retail cash registers "made" change for you. When did that stop ?

If tou are saying that kids can't "count" change then we have much bigger issues
I think the issue is on a tab for $17.71. You hand them a $20 and they punch that in. Then 8 seconds later you say you know what I have 21 cents because you don’t want the extra change in your pocket.

They’ve been programmed to read the green digits that say $2.29. But now you handed them an extra 21 cents. It’s simple math but 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think the issue is on a tab for $17.71. You hand them a $20 and they punch that in. Then 8 seconds later you say you know what I have 21 cents because you don’t want the extra change in your pocket.

They’ve been programmed to read the green digits that say $2.29. But now you handed them an extra 21 cents. It’s simple math but 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
I done that but only I say here I have a penny... deer in the heaadlights... then the fool gives me a dime, 3 nickels, and five pennys..

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

That doesn't matter at all to MCd's

The kiosk doesn't call in sick, require health insurance, demand raises, go on strike......

The movie theatre used to have 6 kids working the counters, now its three - the candy is on a rack like the store, they hand you a an empty cup and point at the machine behind you its cheaper to allow you unlimited refills than to hire someone to pour on demand.

Bigger companies now demand you become part of their " order entry system" replacing their order entry poeple with your labor to enter parts on a system.

Mandatory training, a whole new set of passwords, and compliance - yeah no thanks.

IBM tried to pull that crap with us when they bought a smaller company we did a lot of business with. It dint work out like they thought it would.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Funny how we the people , thinks cash , is like dinosaurs. god forbid someone had to wait two minutes for somebody in front of them for a transaction .

That Baja house thread look more and more enticing
Where my cash will be always wanted and I’m not holding up anyone’s high speed life .

Fuck the government
Fuck the msm
Fuck your cards and debit cards…

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I thought they had to accept cash. It kinda says it on the money.
I thought this too. I even remember learning and reading this in school. All commerce in the United States will be conducted with legal tender from the Federal Reserve. You could go to jail if you stopped taking the US dollar in it's original form. I'll have to read up on this. What do you do if businesses start taking only one kind of card, down to name and type? What do you do when the Credit Card company won't let you spend your own money until you pay off more on your balance? Say what you want, this is all about control of your money. Lets fix the problems instead of destroying the dollar.

thetub

Reaction score
how is this not discrimination or social injustice ??? what if my credits crap and cant get one

what if i cant get a credit card or debit card ?

just like they say for drivers licenses ?