WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chlorine Tablets

Mikes56

Reaction score
I paid $270 for a 50 lb. pail of chlorine tablets in Santa Clarita a few weeks ago. All the Lowe’s and Home Depot were sold out, so I had to go to a pool store and get bent over.
Yesterday I found a 35 lb. pail for $109, at the Lowe’s in Havasu. That’s the regular price before all the stupidity started.

Boozer

Reaction score
I found a good deal last year at Target. They had a year end clearance and I bought two buckets for like $40 a piece. I was planning to switch to a salt system this summer so I only bought two buckets, I wish I had bought more because the salt systems are marked up 300-400% right now and we won’t be going that route for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I couldn’t find it at Costco or my normal spot. Had to pay $204 for 50lb bucket at a pool store. It hurt.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I couldn’t find it at Costco or my normal spot. Had to pay $204 for 50lb bucket at a pool store. It hurt.
Yikes.....pool stores usually aren't that bad. Typically once or twice a year they'll have the promo for liquid and tabs. Tabs would be like 65-70 for 35lber. I think the pricing shit has hit those places bad....I think the last 4 bottle liquid I bought was like $25. I had to go back and ask the guy if he charged me for a deposit even though I brought in empties...lol. 4 pack used to be like 16-18 bucks.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
A few weeks ago we paid $187 for 50# at Neat Pool in LHC. We were told only 3 factories in the US that produce the tabs. The one in Lake Charles Louisiana got hit by 2 hurricanes last year. Their production capabilities were knocked down to zilch. Apparently, we’re feeling the effects of that now. Supply & Demand.

socal0487

Reaction score
My local pool store said there was a chlorine plant that produced the tabs burnt to the ground (surprising?) causing the shortage and increase in prices. I wouldn’t pay 200 for a bucket though. I’d make do with liquid.

C-2

Reaction score
$150 for 40 lbs chlorine powder.

No tabs or liquid chlorine, or acid at Leslie's, Lowes or HD in Riverside one week ago. And they only let me buy one, lol

Reactions: DWC

rmarion

Reaction score
That Hurricane been lasting a long F.ing time!!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine are less than $3 of you buy the by the case at a pool supply house (not Leslies....). And they don’t have all the other junk in them.

69 1/2

Reaction score
Where do you all store the bucket of tabs? I was warned, “outdoors only” as the chlorine is hazardous in the garage. Thoughts?

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
FYI, liquid chlorine and acid shortage now too, lol
Yup,
Didn’t hear a reason why (above my pay grade to know) but gas too. As a drinking water treatment plant user we were told by the supplier there may be times when none is available.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Home depot, 35# for $89. I had a 10% coupon
And it wasn't stolen merchandise

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Swim Best 50lbs 3" tablets off of Prime for $260. Was over double of what I paid for it 3 years ago. Currently out of stock.

2Driver

Reaction score
Gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine are less than $3 of you buy the by the case at a pool supply house (not Leslies....). And they don’t have all the other junk in them.
yep

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Switch to liquid chlorine if you can. It’s more labor intensive but it’s def manageable.

instagator

Reaction score
In the 70 s I delivered Caustic soda to a place in Long beach that made and bottled Chlorine and bleach, Same thing chlorine little stronger

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
FYI, liquid chlorine and acid shortage now too, lol
Our hardware store normally carries a good amount of pool supplies, before the weather even got warm we were told by 2 suppliers that they were sold out of everything. Occasionally we use to get notifications of shortages but now we get these lists almost daily for all kinds of things.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We found using liquid chlorine in the intense LHC summer sun was a waste. Switched to tabs years ago. Yes, the tabs have drastically increased in price, if you can even find them. Props to RDP, the chlorine situation was announced on here months ago. Curious if this is a nation wide thing.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
We found using liquid chlorine in the intense LHC summer sun was a waste. Switched to tabs years ago. Yes, the tabs have drastically increased in price, if you can even find them. Props to RDP, the chlorine situation was announced on here months ago. Curious if this is a nation wide thing.
Yes. The factory fire greatly reduced capacity.

propcheck

Reaction score
My local pool store said there was a chlorine plant that produced the tabs burnt to the ground (surprising?) causing the shortage and increase in prices. I wouldn’t pay 200 for a bucket though. I’d make do with liquid.
I was told the same thing a few months ago. I talked with the pool guy and he said it was not as bad of an impact on supply this summer as he expected but the pricing is still high. He said the fuel and supply increases are hurting this season for sure.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I bought the last bucket of Chlorine from my local Home Depot just now.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Bought another box today at Costco. ...just because...lol. 90 somthin....40 lbs. My pool has been suckin them up this year. To be honest, seems like the ones at the pool stores last a lil bit longer...but I ain't payin no 200 dollas...fuck dat. 😁 Costco Corona for me

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
There is a difference between mfg tablets.
Been using Leslies for years .
Ready for another bucket .