WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chlorine Tablets

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I will say you would also never catch me there unless it was dire straights for a part.
I’m not sure if all tablets have the stabilizer/algae. In them. But I’m happy to pay a little more for my liquid chlorine at our pool store with a higher content than Home Depot or ??? But when this shit all hit the fan our store was out so ya Home Depot it was.

No. They do not. It's always best to get the non stabilized tablets and shock.

Having too much stabilizer is worse than not having enough of it!

Pool store chlorine always has a higher percentage of chlorine. 👍🏼

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I’m no pool expert, this is our first one. It’s salt water with chlorine generator. It’s easy peasy, set it and forget it. Check every week or so, steady 3 PPM. I would never do anything other than salt water. View attachment 1136739
Not picking a keyboard war but, just how many hours do you have to run your equipment to keep that pool sanitized?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Not picking a keyboard war but, just how many hours do you have to run your equipment to keep that pool sanitized?

That pool is in full sun. I'm gonna guess a whole lot. 12 hours is my wager...

😎

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
what tabs should i be looking at instead?
These if you can find them do not use the Clorox ones you better off pouring bleach straight into your pool instead of those tabs

Attachments

• F0867A69-7740-42D9-98E2-2E345CAC3939.jpeg
    F0867A69-7740-42D9-98E2-2E345CAC3939.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 23

caribbean20

Reaction score
Don’t think it’s a keyboard war at all. It’s my first pool, have had it for 7 years, and always up for sharing info. I keep it simple and run the pump 24/7. We have an auto cover so when we leave for a few days, I turn up the chlorine, cover it and shut off the pump.

I know there are auto-timers and variable speed pumps, I have neither.

jscarab

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Old rule of thumb….one hour of run time for every ten degree’s of ambient air temp. In other words….getting down to 93* at night in havasu…run pump 9 hours during the day. Now that is not variable speed pumps, true single speed pump motors. That same question with a variable speed pump will open a huge amount of debate. Just like the river…in the middle with current….water and rocks on the bottom perfectly clean….go back into stagnant water…green.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s a keyboard war at all. It’s my first pool, have had it for 7 years, and always up for sharing info. I keep it simple and run the pump 24/7. We have an auto cover so when we leave for a few days, I turn up the chlorine, cover it and shut off the pump.

I know there are auto-timers and variable speed pumps, I have neither.

Guess my wager was a little low! 😁

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Bought another box today at Costco. ...just because...lol. 90 somthin....40 lbs. My pool has been suckin them up this year. To be honest, seems like the ones at the pool stores last a lil bit longer...but I ain't payin no 200 dollas...fuck dat. 😁 Costco Corona for me
Not in 2022...lol. These mother fuckers bumped up to $200 this year. I believe they are around $180 now. Good thing I bought that extra box....but shit, was just noticing this morning that I'm getting low. Might be able to finish the season out. Not the only thing that seems to have doubled in price lately. Thx Joe...😂😂

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Not only that’s those shitty ass tabs leave a paste when they break up and it destroys filters and equipment
Meh....the Costco ones have been fine for me. They do seems to burn through a lil quicker than the pool store ones...but seemed to work just as good imo.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Meh....the Costco ones have been fine for me. They do seems to burn through a lil quicker than the pool store ones...but seemed to work just as good imo.

Do you have a tab Feeder at the pump? or are you using a floater that goes in the actual pool?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Do you have a tab Feeder at the pump? or are you using a floater that goes in the actual pool?
Floater in the pool. Long ass time ago I used to have the inline one..I think Pentair. Didn't like that one. Floaters seem more effective.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If we’re being honest, I don’t touch my pool. Lol
I have a pool guy, but he literally adds acid, net, spits in pool, sometimes pees by my filter and bounces. 5 min max. Lol

Nice. Lol!

Well you got lucky and found a guy that actually Knows what he's doing. From the pics I've seen, there is zero calcium build up anywhere. 👍🏼

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
What is this? Do chlorine tablets go inside it? If not, does it need a control box with it? I’m trying to figure out an alternative to getting bent over at the pool store all the time.

This is the best way to describe it. It uses a mineral pack that gets replaced every 6 mounts and also has a tab feeder with numbers that you can adjust the idea is to not use as many chemicals all my pools that do have this system use less chemicals and I can have tabs last over 2 weeks in the feeder if set on a low setting ready the article below it will explain it some more

Last edited:

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
This is the best way to describe it. It uses a mineral pack that gets replaced every 6 mounts and also has a tab feeder with numbers that you can adjust the idea is to not use as many chemicals all my pools that do have this system use less chemicals and I can have tabs last over 2 weeks in the feeder if set on a low setting ready the article below it will explain it some more

[URL
Has anyone tried Pool RX?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

Too me those are a waste of money if you have a good pool guy you shouldn’t be buying any thing extra but to answer your question I do have clients that use them but I have not noticed a difference in using less chemicals or chlorine lasting longer

CobraDave

Reaction score
I have a coworker who was just talking about it and loves it. Swears by it. I’ve always been against chemicals or other things not necessary. I use a salt cell, liquid chlorine during the winter and to raise things once and awhile, baking soda for alkalinity, and acid for PH. I don’t check or try to control borates, phosphates whatever else. I test for Chlorine, PH, total alkalinity, CYN, and hardness. I never really shock the pool. It will clear up in a day or so. But I have seen a little more algae but if I am good about brushing it goes away.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Too me those are a waste of money if you have a good pool guy you shouldn’t be buying any thing extra but to answer your question I do have clients that use them but I have not noticed a difference in using less chemicals or chlorine lasting longer
Wait your pushing a fusion but not a pool rx? They are the same thing. Lol
both are silver and copper canisters that dissolve in the water. Wether it’s in the skimmer, pump basket, or stand alone unit. All the same

yes they all work. The draw back is your adding metals to the water daily. Same as throwing algaecide in the pool every week. If chems in pool ever get out of whack that metal drops out of solution onto the pool finish. Turning it blue or purple real quick.

To me both are no good

Reactions: DWC

Markus

Reaction score

If you switch to salt and have some degree of understanding of basic chemistry and the level of proficiency with mechanical and electrical systems required to own a powerboat, you can get rid of the pool guy.

Cdog

Reaction score
I just spent $150 replacing the bulb and ballast on my A&A/Pentair Eco fresh ozone. It's been down for about a year and I've been chasing the pool around with algae growth. Figured I'd get this done early before the heat this year and so far it's much easier to manage.

Any opinions on the UV Ozone set ups here?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The mineral/solids content of LHC water is so extremely high. Dumping additional minerals (NaCl) into an already overly mineral rich water, seems kind of unusual. We removed the chlorine generator and use the chlorine tabs. So, after 10 years - so far so good.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
If you switch to salt and have some degree of understanding of basic chemistry and the level of proficiency with mechanical and electrical systems required to own a powerboat, you can get rid of the pool guy.
I tried that but the wife said the pool boy stays! I'm not sure why she doesn't trust me with taking care of the pool. 🤔