WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CHP officer needed to verify a VIN number

79hallettsprint

Reaction score
Any forum members active CHP that live in the orange county area that I could meet up with to verify a VIN number on a motorcycle so i can complete the registration? Im in yorba linda and would meet you somewhere to make it easy.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Why not just go to a CHP office? They do walk-in no prob. Last time I did it, it took 10 minutes. In fact they had retired guys there to do exact that.

79hallettsprint

Reaction score
My work schedule is prohibiting me from getting over there before they close. AAA wont do it any longer from what i was told by them. Also went to a stand alone independent lady in orange she attempted to do it but was told it needed to be done by CHP.
The frame number matches but the motor on the original pink i received does not as i used a motor i already had.

Just seeing if any members were willing to do it. If not I will go another route.

azsunfun

Reaction score
would not walk up to officer sitting in car with this climate, find one at a store or where aprouchable. they will help unless they are a prick cop

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
It’s really F’up…. that things have come to that!

I totally get it!! And I understand the risk in that type of job setting, feeling like you have a target on your back by just going to work must really suck.

would not walk up to officer sitting in car with this climate, find one at a store or where aprouchable. they will help unless they are a prick cop

renodaytona

Reaction score
Call and make an appointment? That's how our local Sheriff's department handles it. We had them come out and do vin inspections on the Tatum sand car and Weekend warrior toy hauler we purchased. Super easy, done in less than 10 min.

boatpi

Reaction score
Any peace officer in the state California can do that some local police station will do it for you also even the sheriff station at times I’ll charge you like 10 or $15 basically chump change

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Don’t know if you’ll have trouble or not with the motor number but, there are registered/approved services that come to you to do this. I had our out of state vette done at the office. It was about $50 if memory serves.